Photo

Enemy of the Year 2014: Magma-Frozen Fish King!

Helmasaur King - Moosh Rastael

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Enemy of the Year 2014: Magma-Frozen Fish King! (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Overall

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:28 PM

Welcome to Enemy of the Year 2014: Magma-Frozen Fish King!

Now that we are soon ending Enemy of the Month, I decided to celebrate the history of such a fantastic contest by covering Enemy of the Year for every EotM since the beginning in 2014. We have a lot of entries to cover so lets not delay. Voting will be based solely on what's considered Best Overall as opposed to the usual categories:

• Best Overall Enemy

YouTube Videos
To watch all these enemies in action without downloading any of the enemies, click on the following videos below:

EotM #04: Magmatos - Rastael

EotM #05: Rather Grouchy Frozen Fish Wizard - Moosh

EotM #06: Helmasaur King - Moosh

The Enemies
Here is all the information and download links for the enemies this month.

Magmatos - Rastael

9DzArbe.png

• Description: Magmatos is a Flameghost that lives in the cave of flames. To defeat him, you have to use sword, roc's feather and magnetic gloves. The boss is not scripted, but the magnetic gloves are. Please excuse my broken english in the questfile.   ;)

Rather Grouchy Frozen Fish Wizard - Moosh

N3UAIjX.png

• Description: These servants of the fabled Feeshlord are able to phase through solid objects and also create ice at will. On their own they're not too bad, but in large numbers they can pose a very serious threat. They may lack the robes and wands, but they are definitely wizards and not just ordinary magical fish. Just take my word for it.

Helmasaur King - Moosh

Xogi9Oc.png

• Description: Helmasaur King was possibly my favorite boss in ALttP, so much so that I based the boss of LQftH2's 5th dungeon off of him. I wanted to make a boss similar to the original at the time, but couldn't figure out to handle the tail. Because of this I decided to just reimagine Helmasaur King, but then that gave me problems too. After all the trouble I went through I basically vowed never to attempt a Helmasaur King again. Until now, that is. This boss isn't a truly faithful recreation of the one from ALttP. I still did some reimagining to make it work in ZC and I still cut a few corners, but it's probably the closest I'm going to get.

Now vote for your favorites and we'll see who will be leading into the finals of EotY 2014. 

#2 ywkls

ywkls

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:59 PM

I say Helmasaur King! (Also no actual download links to scripts, what gives?)

Besides, I think we all know that Moosh will reign triumphant...

#3 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:04 PM

I say Helmasaur King! (Also no actual download links to scripts, what gives?)

Besides, I think we all know that Moosh will reign triumphant...

I figured they weren't needed. I once spoke to Eddy and David to send me files awhile back. I think Eddy sent me some and I may have forgot to download them, and I'm not sure if David got back to me. Besides, there's probably a good chance the download links are still in their topics. The topics are tagged so they shouldn't be difficult to find. I just assumed the download links were not going to be as important since most people probably have already downloaded and played them before. 

If the download links are important, I can try and contact Eddy and David again for all the EotM files. 

#4 ywkls

ywkls

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:09 PM

I figured they weren't needed. I once spoke to Eddy and David to send me files awhile back. I think Eddy sent me some and I may have forgot to download them, and I'm not sure if David got back to me. Besides, there's probably a good chance the download links are still in their topics. The topics are tagged so they shouldn't be difficult to find. I just assumed the download links were not going to be as important since most people probably have already downloaded and played them before. 

If the download links are important, I can try and contact Eddy and David again for all the EotM files. 

Actually, a lot of the old download links are now defunct.

You should check to see which ones work and which don't.

I have a copy of Helmasaur King myself.

#5 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:32 AM

My vote is Helmasaur King i just love bosses from Lttp......

#6 Flying Fish

Flying Fish

King of the Fish

• Members

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:18 PM

I have to Vote for Moosh's Fish Wizards, nothing more satisfying that killing people with Cheep Cheeps. The Helmasaur King is sweet but fails in comparison to Fish Wizards.   

#7 Dimentio

Dimentio

Procrastinator at heart

• Members

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:41 PM

Magmatos is amazing.

#8 Alucard648

Alucard648

Adept

• Members

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:56 PM

Voted for that SMB2 FryGuy boss.

#9 Anthus

Anthus

the wild-eyed boy from freecloud

• Forum Moderators

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:34 PM

The Helmasaur King is pretty impressive, but it makes my brain hurt just thinking about how you would even begin to script something like that.

Also, NJF, I think I found your other Youtube account  :P. This was recommended by Youtube to me.

#10 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:00 AM

The Helmasaur King is pretty impressive, but it makes my brain hurt just thinking about how you would even begin to script something like that.

Also, NJF, I think I found your other Youtube account  :P. This was recommended by Youtube to me.

That's certainly a thing I am not responsible for. lol

Another New Player, who we know as Dimentio seems to comment on his videos though. :P Not sure if he's a friend of Dimentio's or something. 

• Anthus and Dimentio like this

#11 Dimentio

Dimentio

Procrastinator at heart

• Members

Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:09 AM

That's certainly a thing I am not responsible for. lol

Another New Player, who we know as Dimentio seems to comment on his videos though. :P Not sure if he's a friend of Dimentio's or something. 

Nah, I just find his video to be the most glorious thing. 

#12 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:16 AM

Congrats to Moosh for his overwhelming win with his submission, Helmasaur King. 

• ywkls likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Helmasaur King - Moosh, Rastael

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users