Final EotM - Theme Discussion: Final Boss Theme

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#16 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:26 AM

I'm going to request that you name it 'Quest Feature Showcase'. not 'ZC Feature Contest', as the latter is misleading, and could very well be its own thing in the future.

What's considered misleading can be quite subjective as "Quest Feature Showcase" is a little misleading as well.

I've discussed your request with a few PureZC members just to get their thoughts, and it seems more have been in favor of ZC Feature Showcase. It's the most catchiest title so far. 

Also, do keep in mind that this was originally going to be called PureZC Feature Showcase and you're the one who I believe suggested the name ZC Feature Showcase for this exact same reason. 

• Eddy likes this

#17 ZoriaRPG

ZoriaRPG

The Timelord

• ZC Developers

Posted 05 November 2017 - 02:14 PM

What's considered misleading can be quite subjective as "Quest Feature Showcase" is a little misleading (and I believe that I already have a video series using that title)s well.

I've discussed your request with a few PureZC members just to get their thoughts, and it seems more have been in favor of ZC Feature Showcase. It's the most catchiest title so far.

Also, do keep in mind that this was originally going to be called PureZC Feature Showcase and you're the one who I believe suggested the name ZC Feature Showcase for this exact same reason.

Did I? I don't recall.

My main issue with ZC Feature Showcase, is that it conflicts with showing New ZC Features (programme/editor features, which would follow the same nomenclature (and I already have a video series using that title).

I primarily want to prevent userbase confusion regarding showcasing new ZC (programme) features, and user-content.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 05 November 2017 - 02:19 PM.

#18 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 05 November 2017 - 05:10 PM

I may be wrong, that's why I said "I believe". I'll have to look back at previous posts just to make sure. 

Update:

Looking back, I am mistaken, it was your post that put this title into my head, but by looking at your post again, it wasn't exactly your suggestion. You even made another suggestion in that post. I must have misread what you said or something, as you can tell by looking at my response. 

#19 ZoriaRPG

ZoriaRPG

The Timelord

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:34 AM

I may be wrong, that's why I said "I believe". I'll have to look back at previous posts just to make sure.

Update:

Looking back, I am mistaken, it was your post that put this title into my head, but by looking at your post again, it wasn't exactly your suggestion. You even made another suggestion in that post. I must have misread what you said or something, as you can tell by looking at my response.

Right. even then, I was considering it as an event to display usage of new programme features. I never advocated a usage of 'feature', specifically because it has too many definitions.

It does feel as if you are aiming more for a monthly exposition (which FWIW, is a title that I would advocate, than ... well, in what context are you using the word 'feature'? To me, a Feature Showcase would focus on one feature of the editor. :shrug:

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 07 November 2017 - 06:41 AM.

#20 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:16 AM

Just a reminder, we only need 1 submission for this contest. This is the final boss of EotM afterall, there doesn't need to be 2. But many are welcome to participate. 

#21 MegaX

MegaX

Leader of Omega GamingHunters101

• Members

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:36 PM

Before I continue my entry I just want to check if it follows the rules so far. The basic Geist of it is that link went up to Ganon with no weapons at all. Link must face ganon and his minions through out the castle fighting him through out to gain equipment required to put him down for good. How's that sorry if your soiled though if this dosen't follow the guildlines I wouldn't mind scaping it and do some differently. I got a another idea in mind anyway.

#22 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:40 PM

Hey everybody. We got about two weeks to submit an enemy. If no enemies are submitted I'm just going to submit Ganon +1 HP and close Enemy of the Month for good with ZC Ganon in his rightful throne.

Ganon doesn't want you to submit because he knows he is King.

#23 ywkls

ywkls

Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:50 PM

I have one I haven't shared on the database or the forums which fits.

I was hoping to make something unique for this, but I don't think I'm going to have time to come up with that sort of idea in the period remaining.

I might submit a second foe (doesn't really fit last boss, but a good way to show it off) if no one else does by then.

#24 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:53 PM

I have one I haven't shared on the database or the forums which fits.

I was hoping to make something unique for this, but I don't think I'm going to have time to come up with that sort of idea in the period remaining.

I might submit a second foe (doesn't really fit last boss, but a good way to show it off) if no one else does by then.

Ganon isn't pleased by this comment. 

• Avataro, Jared and MegaX like this

#25 ywkls

ywkls

Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:30 PM

Ganon isn't pleased by this comment. 

Challenge accepted! Final boss submitted. If this is to end, at least let there be a modicum of effort involved.

#26 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:19 AM

How easily Ganon has been dethroned, which isn't much of a surprise, he can't even comprehend a fishing rod. 

#27 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:22 AM

3 days left to submit something. 

#28 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:25 AM

Locked. :P

#29 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:32 PM

3 more people have decided to participate in this contest to give it a fair send-off, so I've decided to reopen this topic and delay the deadline to Mid-January. Because of this, the successor will also be delayed, which is fine because we're still voting on Enemy of the Year, so I feel there really is no rush to end this contest and push out the successor. If anybody disagrees with this idea, please discuss below.  

Now with the delay extended, you two can reconsider participating and provide your own entries as well. The Final EotM might turn out to be an amazing one after all. 

#30 Dimentio

Dimentio

Procrastinator at heart

• Members

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:48 AM

If we're doing Enemy of the Years for 4 years, does that mean we're going to do an Enemy of All Time after EotY 2017?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users