16 replies to this topic

#16 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:11 PM

Freedom, I'd like to clear this up now:
I'm not searching for an argument, much less one against a stable release. Hell, if anything, I want a stable ZC too; I've had a couple ideas that I'm waiting for a chance to try to put to use. Also, it's been awhile since I've seriously been active anywhere on the forums, I thought getting into this discussion would be a good start, and I figured that I could try looking at both sides of things here, instead of picking one side and constantly putting down the other. I apologize for any misunderstandings that may occur as a result.

On to responding to quotes now:
QUOTE(elise)
A stable version now doesn't mean developers should stop making other newer versions with all neat and new features in it .
QUOTE(elise)
Freedom never says anywhere that the developers should stop after a stable version .
I didn't say anything about stopping either.
QUOTE(elise)
the community just need a stable version now too.......it's good for the community.
I've already agreed with this, the only matter is how we get to the stable version. Do the devs simply finish what they're adding right now and make sure it works? Or do they add the things they want to have available in that release first? I'm thinking the former is more likely, but you never know.
QUOTE(elise)
The Poll was started by Dark Nation not by Freedom .....Dark Nation put the poll above it after the posting was already made .
I did not know that (hadn't seen the first two pages of the topic), thanks for clearing it up.
QUOTE(elise)
and Yeah shoot me I think the voices about a stable version from questmakers is more important for the community then for screen makers or home playing around in ZQ without releasing anything people.
This makes sense, but I have a question.
Let's assume for a moment that some of those "playing around" people actually provide feedback like bug reports and whatnot. Why should they be disregarded in favor of the questmakers? Even if all some people do is report things, that's still making some contribution to the community, even if it generally goes unnoticed.

#17 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:09 PM

This makes sense, but I have a question.
Let's assume for a moment that some of those "playing around" people actually provide feedback like bug reports and whatnot. Why should they be disregarded in favor of the questmakers? Even if all some people do is report things, that's still making some contribution to the community, even if it generally goes unnoticed.

These are the type of statements that had me thinking you were just looking to argue.

Read my first post carefully, you can see I was referring to some specific people, not everyone on the planet that has never released a quest, I just felt it better to not name individuals, and I still do.

There are MANY here that haven't released quests, that have contributed MUCH, but I wasn't talking about them.

The people that want more more more, have gotten there way since 2004 now, when 2.10 was released, isn't it time for the people that want to build to get their chance?

The more they get, the more they ask for, it's a never ending cycle, and as long as the cycle doesn't end there will never be a bug free release, because with each beta, new bugs are added, and often it's bugs that were fixed two betas ago and are now back again.

I've seen the slow walk combos tore up and fixed no less than 3 times, and the overworld map as well, never ending cycle.

There will NEVER be enough features to satisfy people, so you have to stop once in a while and focus on a stable release ONLY or there will simply never be one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users