56 replies to this topic

#31 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE(Koopa @ Jun 26 2007, 05:30 PM) View Post

In summary:
The opinion of a majority that stability should take preference over new features has been noted and will be observed. That's not to say there'll be nothing new anymore whatsoever, but it doesn't mean nothing either.

Uh oh, this is not the kind of comment I wanted to see.......
The opinion of the community has been noted, but there still may be new stuff added to the engine? I hope this new stuff only means stuff like getting the unfinished features finished. Though I have to wonder what's so hard in the idea of concentrating on bugfixing only.

"All changes made to the ZC code from now on will only be bugfixes". Why can't that be reality? If not for ZC 2.5, then at least for Beta18. Could you guys make that a motto at least for Beta18? icon_smile.gif

another edit - Oh well, despite everything, you developers are awesome and I guess I just have to trust you on this. You know what you're doing, I gotta believe that. Dark Nation is the kind of developer that gives me hope, especially after what he's done for LI, I owe it to him and you develoeprs that I keep on testing ZC right after LI is released. That is a promise.

edit edit - edited my post even more

Edited by Peteo, 26 June 2007 - 10:18 AM.

#32 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:08 AM

I didn't mean to say "we took note of your opinion and will ignore it". It's just that some things can be fixed a lot better by rewriting than by bodging stuff together - for example, with the custom items, (which I do not think we are going to remove), if there's a bug that can be fixed more quickly and elegantly by putting in some more code that was meant to go in anyway then so be it.
We had an "old" item system, now we have a new, customizable and perhaps incomplete one. Maybe there are bugs that can be fixed by completing some of the new stuff in a beter way than by mixing some old and new, or taking out code that works. Indeed such behaviour is only asking for new bugs to slip in when the code is completed.

In short, we're by no means ignoring you but don't kill anyone if something small and new does find its way in.

#33 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:18 AM

What's the point in arguing? Sure, I voted #1 because i'm a feature whore as did some other people. But are there any losers here? NO. We get more bugfree beta's till the cows come home. What's wrong with that? It would be nice to have a stable version for once. I've never built anything on a bugfree ZQ. You know, you get used to the bugs after a while, and it's easy to forget that BUGS=PURE CONCENTRATED EVIL. A bugfree beta is long overdue for the veteran guys here such as petoe and freedom. I can't remember how many times I lost a bunch of work cause something like *OOPS* ZC crashed again. There's still gonna be new features, but think of it this way; When you use the new features in your quests....it's not gonna crash it!!! Yay!!! Everybody wins.

Phyco edit: C'mon though guys, you gotsta admit the enemy editor(if it was finished sooner) is(was) going to be super awesome.

Edited by Gleeok, 26 June 2007 - 10:22 AM.

#34 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:20 AM

Well, that sounds much better, Koopa. And don't worry, I won't kill anyone. It's finally time for me to cool down and one more time put all my faith and trust in you developers. AS I said in my previous post, I owe it to dark Nation to help you with ZC testing and that's what I will do after LI's release.

#35 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:43 AM

Koopa,
Nobody, or at least I wasn't asking you guys to just throw stuff out, but if there are features like the enemy editor that are nowhere close to completion, then maybe they could be moved to the next release, is what I was saying, or meant to say.

Personally I think there are a lot of bugs in there that haven't been found yet, I could be wrong, but if there are, even shifting towards a stable release now means it may be months away, and if features were still added that could have meant years away.

You say Jman left because of the complaining, would you rather have us not say a word, and as a result never see a stable engine to get people like Petoe, DarkFlameWolf, Shoelace and others building quests again?

People may disagree with my methods, but they can't deny a stable release is badly needed for the good of the Zelda Classic community as a whole.
What good is Zelda Classic if it can only be used to play with new features in and play with toys and graphics?
If it can't be used to build, release, and play quests in, then it's whole purpose is defeated.

Edited by Freedom, 26 June 2007 - 10:45 AM.

#36 skye1083

skye1083

Initiate

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:44 AM

I vote 2. I'm still learning the program so having it bug free (or very close to bug free) is more important to me at this point.

#37 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE(skye1083 @ Jun 26 2007, 04:44 PM) View Post
I vote 2. I'm still learning the program so having it bug free (or very close to bug free) is more important to me at this point.

See everybody. People just like my friend skye1083 are the reason why we should try and get a stable release quickly.

Edited by Limzo, 26 June 2007 - 10:45 AM.

#38 Dr. Mutagen

Dr. Mutagen

Even in the future, nothing works!

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:26 AM

You know what I just realized? I don't remember anyone openly complaining.about the state of ZC for well over a month, then Freedom decides to show up and now nobody will shut the f u c k up about it. This pretty much confirms my belief that Freedom just wants to stir up as much s h i t as possible and ultimately kill ZC.

Well, it turns out that your little scheme is working. You've pretty much destroyed any hope I had of a stable ZC coming out. I hope you're happy.

#39 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:28 AM

mutagen... you're just so full of ****

#40 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:56 AM

This pretty much confirms my belief that Freedom just wants to stir up as much s h i t as possible and ultimately kill ZC.

Yeah.... That's obviously what he wants. [/sarcasm]

#41 elise

elise

RIP Elise, 7/20/2011 - 49 Years Young.

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE(Dr. Mutagen @ Jun 26 2007, 06:26 PM) View Post

You know what I just realized? I don't remember anyone openly complaining.about the state of ZC for well over a month, then Freedom decides to show up and now nobody will shut the f u c k up about it. This pretty much confirms my belief that Freedom just wants to stir up as much s h i t as possible and ultimately kill ZC.

Well, it turns out that your little scheme is working. You've pretty much destroyed any hope I had of a stable ZC coming out. I hope you're happy.
Sorry but now it's official your Brain left the building

There are more then 30 people that want a stable version soon and a few that don't want it .
Don't blame Freedom that you are among the few people and don't get it your way ..Dark Nation started the Poll that wasn't started by Freedom and if you read the first post it was made at DarkDragons request .
If you want to blame someone blame everybody that want a stable version soon this isn't the first time it comes up and it isn't the first time that the ones that want a stable version are the bigger group icon_shrug.gif
So please stop pointing your finger at one person that isn't faire and really it also make no sense

#42 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:46 PM

Freedom doesn't want a stable ZC? Umm... I only have one thing to say about that. icon_deformed.gif

I support stability. Please, fix the item, enemy, and subscreen editors to be stable, and release that now. We have enough new features to keep us going. Let's do a 2.4 release now, and a 2.5 release later.

#43 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:47 PM

Wow Mutagen... and I thought I was a hothead but looking at your posts... O_O If that's not ban/warning worhty then I wonder what is. (sorry for rent-amodding).

Why don't we just ignore Mutagen, eh? No need to give him more reasons to make posts like that.
Even though DN is still keeping the poll open for sleeper votes, it is pretty safe to say that the community has decided it wants a stable build even if it means putting a stop at adding new stuff. Freedom deserves a statue for perseveringly bringing up this topic and being the lonely voice of reason for the good of the community, he definitely doesn't deserve to be flamed and talked crap about no matter how stronlgy you disagree with his opinions and the methods he uses to express his opinions.

Oh and Freedom, you made your first ZC bugreports in a long time! Hopefully it means that you're back in business! What a great day this has been. ^_^

#44 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:08 PM

Guys (and gals) don't let mutagen bother you, he doesn't me.
He's always been that way.
He goes in the database and trashes everyones quests in the reviews because he's too ignorant to understand that the worst quest in the whole database is still 100% better than anything he's contributed.
How can anyone take a guy like that seriously.

#45 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:10 PM

Well, it looks like it doesn't matter anymore. Dark Nation formally announced that the devs were prohibited from adding new features until 2.5 was released. It looks like we're going to get our stable release, guys.

Take five, smoke 'em if you got 'em. icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users