Photo

Map of the Month 133

Demonlink

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Map of the Month 133 (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favourite!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 May 2021 - 08:47 AM

Hello and welcome back to another Map of the Month contest! We got quite a nice turnout this month so let's see what we got this time...

leastamongmen

I lost all my Links in this insane land of confusion...

Demonlink

Join Lydia, on her epic quest throughout the mysterious continent of Eislynn. From the shades of a quiet forest, to the mountain heights where a forgotten civilization once laid, explore each corner and discover the secrets of this new land. Will our heroine succeed on her mission to find the great power that's been lost in time? Competing for Map of the Year everyone. :D

TheRock

HeroOfFire

What has science done?!

hubydweyer

And all the good you've done
Will soon get swept away.
You've begun to matter more
Than the things you say.

#2 Zagut

Zagut

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 01 May 2021 - 12:52 PM

I want to play Demonlink's map so badly.

• Jared and Demonlink like this

#3 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 01 May 2021 - 01:03 PM

I want to vote against Hubydweyer for quoting Andrew Lloyd Webber, but unfortunately I honestly think I like his map the most. I am a sucker for forest dungeons

Edited by Rambly, 01 May 2021 - 01:03 PM.

#4 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 01 May 2021 - 03:36 PM

This is a fantastic showing with a lot of strong entries. In any other month, I might have voted for Hub or LeastAmongMen, but I have no choice but to bow before Demonlink's masterpiece. Calling this now as the map of the year.

• Demonlink likes this

#5 Riflezen

Riflezen

sometimes does stuff

• Members

Posted 18 May 2021 - 07:54 AM

I really don't like leastamongmen's. I see what he was trying to do, but it's super clashy, on top of being yet another Z1 remake. DemonLink's on the other hand, is Map of the Century.

• Demonlink and leastamongmen like this

#6 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 May 2021 - 05:13 PM

Demonlink's map is a masterpiece, but from a gameplay perspective I'm not sure how I feel about "spoked" zones with no interconnectivity. This generally implies there's no returning to previously cleared zones, or doing so means you just retread the same path. Hopefully there's a secondary "fast travel" system (like shortcut caves), at least between adjacent "spokes" (e.g., between the swamp and the volcano).

In any case, beautiful map.
  • Demonlink likes this

#7 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 21 May 2021 - 06:57 PM

Demonlink's map is a masterpiece, but from a gameplay perspective I'm not sure how I feel about "spoked" zones with no interconnectivity. This generally implies there's no returning to previously cleared zones, or doing so means you just retread the same path. Hopefully there's a secondary "fast travel" system (like shortcut caves), at least between adjacent "spokes" (e.g., between the swamp and the volcano).

In any case, beautiful map.

The owl statues are warp points. Upon getting the whistle, you can warp to a special area that lets you return to any activated statues. And thank you very much!

#8 leastamongmen

leastamongmen

Content Ninja

• Members

Posted 22 May 2021 - 08:17 AM

I really don't like leastamongmen's. I see what he was trying to do, but it's super clashy, on top of being yet another Z1 remake. DemonLink's on the other hand, is Map of the Century.

I appreciate the critique! I was testing pallet compatibility for a universal tileset and you're right, this map would be ridiculous as a real quest.  I tried to submit this for April's MotM, but I dropped it too late.  It was supposed to be an April Fools Map that looked fake, but was legit.  In reality I'm going to end up with an 8 color AND 16 color tileset for all 3 game styles in one quest file, and it is much more interesting than it appears.  Z1 maps are played out, but they are the easiest to build from memory, and it was ideal for testing out the versatility of Z3 mountains.

#9 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 01 June 2021 - 08:07 AM

And here are the results!

leastamongmen (0 votes [0.00%])

Demonlink (23 votes [79.31%])

TheRock (0 votes [0.00%])

HeroOfFire (1 votes [3.45%])

hubydweyer (5 votes [17.24%])

Congrats to Demonlink for winning this contest! Next one will be up shortly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Demonlink

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users