Link Walks On The Water

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 BurgerKingCenturion

BurgerKingCenturion

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 21 December 2020 - 09:41 PM

I want to make a quest where Link does not walk on the water, and i want to make it where link only has blue bombs and keys and the other items that are only in the nes quests of zelda, i need help, please help me with this; what do i check to make him not walk on the water and how do i make it a normal quest like in the nes version?

#2 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 21 December 2020 - 10:47 PM

In order to make water behave like it does in NES Zelda, make all your water tiles totally solid and uncheck the rule "Link Drowns in Walkable Water".  This can be found in Quest -> Options -> Combos in ZQuest. 

If you don't want your players to get items, just don't put them in your quest.  :cheese:

#3 BurgerKingCenturion

BurgerKingCenturion

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 21 December 2020 - 11:01 PM

how do i make them solid?

#4 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 21 December 2020 - 11:20 PM

Right click the water combo either in the combo editor or on the scroll bar on the right side of the screen.  Then you can fill in the pink solidity box, like on this screenshot.  It's the box directly to the right of the main combo graphics.

ee2eaf2276.png

Remember that you'll have to ensure that this is done for all water tiles in the quest.

#5 BurgerKingCenturion

BurgerKingCenturion

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 21 December 2020 - 11:42 PM

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

#6 BurgerKingCenturion

BurgerKingCenturion

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 22 December 2020 - 12:04 AM

i want to get rid of super bombs and use rupees for arrows, the only thing i want to use is keys, blue bombs and rupees is all i want to use, how do i do that?

#7 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 22 December 2020 - 12:52 AM

In Quest -> Options -> Items, uncheck the rule "True Arrows".  This will make the arrow item use the rupee counter.

If you don't want super bombs, just don't use them. :cheese:  :cheese:

#8 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 22 December 2020 - 01:14 AM

In Quest -> Options -> Items, uncheck the rule "True Arrows".  This will make the arrow item use the rupee counter.

If you don't want super bombs, just don't use them. :cheese:  :cheese:

I want to make a quest where link doesnt have a sword just a spiked boomerang can i do that??

#9 BurgerKingCenturion

BurgerKingCenturion

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 22 December 2020 - 01:31 PM

all i need to do now is know how to disable items

#10 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 22 December 2020 - 02:01 PM

Is there a better place for editor help questions than Custom Quest discussion?

• Bagu likes this

#11 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 22 December 2020 - 02:21 PM

I don't really know what you're asking - you just don't put the items you don't want into your quest.  There's no need to disable anything.

#12 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 23 December 2020 - 04:50 AM

That's a little vague, but if I'm understanding your first post correctly, you don't want the item slots to be available in the subscreen?

If so, then what you want to do is go to Quest -> DMaps, and for all the maps in your quest, go to the Appearance tab, and choose whatever subscreen has the arrangements you want. You can see what the subscreens look like by going to Quest -> Misc Data -> Subscreens, and clicking the Edit button for the different subscreen options on the list.

If you don't see a subscreen arrangement you like, go to Quest -> Misc Data -> Master Subscreen Type. Here you can select a new set of subscreens. It sounds like you're looking for the default NES setup, so choose Original from the dropdown menu. This will replace whatever subscreens you currently have with the original NES subscreens. You'll still need to set the different overworld and dungeon subscreens in your DMap's Appearance settings, though you should only have to change the Active subscreen for this (use Triforce for overworld and Dungeon Map for dungeons).

If you don't mean subscreens, then you can also disable items individually per DMap. Go to Quest -> DMaps, and on the Disable tab, pick whatever items you want to be disabled. This will make the item disappear from the subscreen even if you have it, which can be confusing, so I don't really recommend it except for special situations. It also won't make the item slot disappear from the subscreen either, so you'll just have blank space wherever the item would normally display. Best to just pick a subscreen that has only the items you want in your quest.

• Bagu likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users