Misc Colors menu questions

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 27 November 2015 - 12:50 AM

Is the minimap subscreen object set up correctly? It can be set to use colors other than the standard misc. colors.

I hadn't thought of that. This is why I marked most of the 'Misc. Colours' that operate on subscreens as 'deprecated by Subscreen editor'. I'm going to need to note that in the docs, and on the Wiki. String text colours are deprecated by CSSs. I'm not sure that anything in the menu exists for user-use; but rather, for backward-compatibility with 2.10 and 1.92.

I suppose changing the continue screen text colour doesn't work from anywhere else. That is the only thing that requires using that options pane, and could probably be good as an isolated option somewhere in the future. Then, perhaps make opening the Misc Colour setting pane impossible, to prevent user confusion.

Do you know if the Link's position not changing on any swatch other than 61 (with pal modifiers) is a bug, or intentional? I need to remember to document all this stuff, as zscript.txt's version is very antiquated, and it isn't on the Wiki at all. (Misc colours are mentioned in some of the editor pane options, but the actual Misc Colours pane is not up there, at present, which I shall soon rectify.)

Spoiler

#17 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 27 November 2015 - 02:09 PM

There isn't any sort of special handling for that color.
You said you set it to 65 in your test quest before? That color is the same in the green and blue tunic CSets, so it wouldn't be expected to change.

#18 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:35 PM

There isn't any sort of special handling for that color.
You said you set it to 65 in your test quest before? That color is the same in the green and blue tunic CSets, so it wouldn't be expected to change.

I'll check what I did, before anything further.

#19 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:39 PM

exist a way for change only the background of the contine/retry screen  ? i'm using a tileset that have black strings, so i cannot see the options on the black ground.

I want keep the black for the strings.

Edit : i'm using 2.50.2

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 25 April 2018 - 03:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users