• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#31 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 29 July 2021 - 11:11 PM

I'm a thousandaire.

Yeah okay slow your roll there Mr. Bezos, the rest of us poor people are having a little fun and then you went and ruined it.

• Hergiswi, Twilight Knight, Mitsukara and 3 others like this

#32 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 29 July 2021 - 11:16 PM

Yeah, uh. I'm not rich. These are my only two cents.
  • Twilight Knight, Mitsukara, Evan20000 and 2 others like this

#33 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 30 July 2021 - 12:26 AM

James' topics always becomes much more popular than his LoH series.

• Rambly, Anthus, Twilight Knight and 4 others like this

#34 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 30 July 2021 - 02:09 AM

Even with his charity works, Bill Gates still struggles to atone for his life of exploitation and misdeeds as he reflects on the late Gary Kildall.

woof, that's harsh. if you keep murdering bill gates with words like that he'll be suffering from affluenza symptom #4 soon

not wrong tho.

a

i agree with pretty much everything you said here

but please please split your posts into paragraphs

• Mitsukara, Mani Kanina, SkyLizardGirl and 1 other like this

#35 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 30 July 2021 - 03:22 AM

Or James expects...

Aevin (In real life, I manage a game develop company, products ring up big sales. So I'm rich now.)
Evan (In real life, I manage a game develop company, products ring up big sales. So I'm rich now.)
Russ (In real life, I manage a game develop company, products ring up big sales. So I'm rich now.)

Edited by DarkFlameSheep, 30 July 2021 - 03:23 AM.

• coolgamer012345 and SkyLizardGirl like this

#36 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 30 July 2021 - 03:46 AM

"Its not your fault if you are born poor but it is your fault if you die rich" - James24

Who here has ever not had money? Clearly, it is your fault you don't have it. Here's a guide to Type See myself out of poverty game design:

1.  Work is optional. 

Work is for the poor. Yep this is why they don't do it. Why bother? James24 is gonna pay us all to make quests!

2.  You can hire someone to be your personal servant.

I'm glad I can have food show up at my house and never see a person.

3.  You appreciate art and why its so expensive.

I'd imagine if LoH was selling for $200M you'd still be salty cause with all that money, it only means one person bought it.

4.  You worry about dying rich. 

Is this the sequel to 50 Cent's Get Rich or Die Tryin'?

5.  You don't even look at the price of common things.

Lol imagine implying spending frivolously means you are good at wealth management in the slightest.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#37 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 30 July 2021 - 05:44 AM

Yeah, uh. I'm not rich. These are my only two cents.

maybe if you hadn't given your two cents away you'd still have some money left over. gosh

• Hergiswi, Taco Chopper, Mitsukara and 3 others like this

#38 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 30 July 2021 - 06:06 AM

I feel enriched by this thread's amazing posts!

#39 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 30 July 2021 - 06:51 AM

maybe if you hadn't given your two cents away you'd still have some money left over. gosh

0Hf4I93.png

• Rambly, Hergiswi, Mitchfork and 2 others like this

#40 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 30 July 2021 - 08:19 AM

Bill Gates was not born poor - his father was a lawyer and his mother was on the board of directors for a bank, both of them being college graduates. He actually got a foot in the door to his mother knowing the chairman of IBM because the two worked together at a charity. He also made his fortune off of a big lie - he told IBM that he could write an operating system, but merely purchased the rights to one and presented it as if he had personally worked on it. Society depends on most people telling the truth, so it would break apart if everyone were willing to go to such lengths to make money - making money off of lies only works if a MINORITY of society does it, by definition excluding most people. (Nintendo actually made money off of a big lie too, not only hiding that they outsourced the programming of Donkey Kong, but also illegally gave that game's source code to the company that they outsourced Donkey Kong Jr. to. Both games do not credit the companies or people that actually programmed them. Nintendo's official history of Donkey Kong focuses on how Shigeru Miyamoto designed the revolutionary character animation, realistic locations, and cutscenes in the game, which is true, but it will NOT tell you who actually programmed it, which Miyamoto and everyone else at Nintendo had nothing to do with. Where's the credit for those guys who actually turned the revolutionary ideas into a real game? Nintendo was only able to hire their own programmers after making money off of the big lie that they presented to the public with their first few games - the false appearance that they already had programmers and could make games by themselves.) I understand that Gates worked hard and took some risky gambles but it's plain to see that he wouldn't have gotten his young exposure to computer science or the funding necessary to start out his own business (instead of going to college and working for someone else) had he been born into a poorer family - they wouldn't have known how to get access to electronic parts or been able to afford them even if Bill had shown an interest. He also had the financial safety net so as to where if his businesses failed, he could just reapply to Harvard because his parents could afford that and still get at least a middle-class job. When your parents have a financial safety net for you, you can strike out several times but still get a chance to run the bases again. Also, let's not forget that Gates was white and male, and many people who would hire him for jobs or sign contracts with him would likely have denied those to a candidate who was of equal ability but was female or non-white. So many people would have denied those things that there were entire movements around them as Gates grew up in the '60s and '70s. Getting jobs and contracts is partially about presentation, and the unfortunate reality was that being female or non-white automatically failed you in the "presentation" score in the eyes of a lot of interviewers - their trust for the candidate, necessary before hiring anyone, would have plummeted to zero for no reason that the candidate could control. Again, Gates took risks and worked hard, but characteristics about himself and his family definitely made it easier for him to get himself into opportunities where taking risks and working hard would be rewarded with success instead of failure. This quote is really ungrateful to his parents and all the other investors/customers who helped him get into the opportunity where he knew enough about programming and was financially able to start his own software business.

That's right, you can't take it with you. Where is your unspent money going to go? Maybe it can go to a charity, but how would you feel if someone else was free to misspend your money as they saw fit, instead of you being in charge of the charity while you were alive? Would you want to see somebody who's willing to swindle and cheat a charity to become rich (from YOUR money) off of that kind of behavior, instead of working hard or investing? If you'd prefer to step in and prevent that from happening, you need to be stopping it from happening before you're too dead to object. I understand the desire to grow your money as much as possible while you're still alive, but you can't wait to give it to charity ONLY after you die, you need to put your financial smarts to work directing the charity yourself - or at least partnering with a charity and getting on the board of trustees so that you have a say in what happens with the money that you're investing to make sure it is used and multiplied as efficiently as possible, for the betterment of the charity's cause. If you're scared of dying today, you should be making plans today for what happens to your money after you die.

I'm so rich that I had time to read this, and then decided it was work and stopped.

• Mitsukara, coolgamer012345, SkyLizardGirl and 1 other like this

#41 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 July 2021 - 08:27 AM

u sure pwned them there 8)

#42 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 30 July 2021 - 09:15 AM

To me, richness and poorness are the key things which separate humanity into two distinct groups. Of the latter group, the poor, there leads a life in which one is continually prone to catching influenza while also endlessly struggling to adapt to the situation they were born into. It has become more commonplace for the poor individual to garner themselves and rise to the status of rich, but whether this rich is rich enough to be considered wealthy - that is up for debate. For example, there lies a child in the depths of London. This child is poor. The child does not like to be poor. The child, therefore, aims to rise and gather money to escape the label of poor. First, the child finds a secure job, and then works endlessly; without pause. Once the child has gathered enough money, the child is no longer a child and is now an adult. This adult, when looking back at their life, know only one thing: Yes, the adult is rich by society's standards, but by the standards of the soul, the adult is as poor as they were as a child. Nothing was learnt by the child. Nothing was enjoyed by the child. The hard work the child put in at the start of their life, sacrificed all fun the child could experience. Now take another example, a second child who decided to maintain their poor status. This child was poor, but did not care about being rich. The child simply wished to live according to what life has granted them, and thus worked no harder than they wanted to. This child enjoyed the simplicity of poorness, and sought out to explore ever the more of life; this child was not like the one before, and so was rich according to the standards of the soul, despite being poor by society's standards. Thus, richness and poorness do indeed divide society, but this division is met in something greater. Happiness and sadness. Lest we become rich through sacrifice of that in which we enjoy life, richness leads to nothing else but financial security. To be poor is to be happy, and to be able to enjoy the simple things.

Now, whether I am rich or poor is not of your concern. And so, when I go on to answer this fragile question, I question myself and my place in society. Is it that I am poor, but do not see it? Or am I rich, and see it completely? I do own much Dogecoin, the financial burden that is the cryptocurrency, and I would say that this Dogecoin elevates my status to meet that of Bill Gates. Although, I will never say how much Dogecoin I own, for that will reveal whether I am indeed rich or poor. I have said this before, but whether I am rich or poor is solely up to me to decide. Will I venture forth and collect the sums to admit myself into richness? Or shall I remain dormant in my venture, and secure myself a space in poorness? Time may answer these questions, but I must decide when to answer them. Thank you James24 for making this thread, it is of greatest importance to me that we discuss matters such as this. Not only does it allow for us all to understand who will be able to finance Zelda Classic in the future, but it also allows us all to create a separation among our community. All those who declared their richness, stand to the left. All those who decreed poorness, to the gutter. No longer shall PureZC be a domain in which the classes clash, rather, now, PureZC shall become a haven for the classes through the separation of the classes.

• Shane, SkyLizardGirl and PopMeRehehehehehe like this

#43 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 30 July 2021 - 12:42 PM

dude.... im not gonna read this. im rich with friends, not rich with time

"Its not your fault if you are born poor with time but it is your fault if you die poor with time" - Bill Gates

• Rambly, Shane and SkyLizardGirl like this

#44 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 30 July 2021 - 07:25 PM

bill gates is divorced lmfao

#45 Valerie

Valerie

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 30 July 2021 - 07:36 PM

I am currently working on making a device that aliens gave me the blueprints for. I haven't sold it yet and became rich because I'm still testing it out, and need more test subjects.
  • Mitsukara and SkyLizardGirl like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users