Welcome to The Bermuda Productions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:54 PM

Robin, Thomas and myself have been thinking, and we've realised that we work almost as development team as our projects go.
We've decided to make this a little more formal, and come up with a name. Screen 80 was a nice name for our forum in terms of inheritance, but we've decided upon the name 'Bermuda'.
Any group projects worked on from now own will form a part of 'The Bermuda Productions', which of course you can read about in this forum.

Thanks to Nathaniel for changing the name for us.

#2 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:03 PM

Along with the new name, you will notice some changes in the organisation of this QPF shortly. We are currently thinking about how to make this more reader-firendly, because, truth be told, the way it is, it's a giant mess.

#3 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:28 PM

I really like how everything's set up. The new name's nice too. icon_smile.gif Great idea with the set-up! icon_biggrin.gif

#4 Sir Evan

Sir Evan

Adept

• Members

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:31 PM

Aww, I liked Screen 80 better. Ah well. The new organizations pretty nice.

... You just wanted it closer to the top of the QPF forum, didn't you? icon_razz.gif

#5 Migokalle

Migokalle

Weeeeeeee!!

• Members

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE(Sir Evan @ Mar 28 2010, 11:31 PM) View Post
Aww, I liked Screen 80 better. Ah well. The new organizations pretty nice.

... You just wanted it closer to the top of the QPF forum, didn't you? icon_razz.gif
Haha, no. The reason it's "Bermuda", is because it has a symbolic meaning behind it. Good luck figuring that out though icon_razz.gif

#6 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:05 PM

Good job guys! I really like the set up, it's especially good for people who maybe don't visit the QPF often or for new members who can straight away see what quest have been finished and those in production. It's really good, now make sure you keep it updated regularly! icon_razz.gif

#7 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Mar 28 2010, 07:33 PM) View Post

Haha, no. The reason it's "Bermuda", is because it has a symbolic meaning behind it. Good luck figuring that out though icon_razz.gif

I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that there are three of you.

#8 Migokalle

Migokalle

Weeeeeeee!!

• Members

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE(Fausch @ Mar 29 2010, 12:19 AM) View Post

I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that there are three of you.
It was that easy? icon_frown.gif

#9 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Forum Moderators

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:30 PM

Hey, if I got the reference in less than a minute, somebody else was bound to get it too. I like the new name a lot. It's fresh and new, and marks a new era for this forum, taking it to a level that either hasn't been tried before or not elsewhere for a long time. Glad to be of help, as easy as my part was.

#10 Migokalle

Migokalle

Weeeeeeee!!

• Members

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE(Nathaniel @ Mar 29 2010, 12:30 AM) View Post
Hey, if I got the reference in less than a minute, somebody else was bound to get it too. I like the new name a lot. It's fresh and new, and marks a new era for this forum, taking it to a level that either hasn't been tried before or not elsewhere for a long time. Glad to be of help, as easy as my part was.
Well, even though your part may have been easy, it was without a doubt one of the most important ones, right? icon_razz.gif Without the name change, there wouldn't have been any name change, so it was... name changing, to say the least. XD

I'm pretty pleased with the name too. Sheik, as he mentioned, stands for most of the actual organizing job, as he wrote the topics and stuff. I just posted them, and edited a few things that needed editing. (Mostly problems with the code tags and so on)

Sheik really did an amazing job though, and it's crazy to think about that this change really only took about an hour, though we did discuss things for a little while before that. Anyways, both me and Joe owe Sheik big-time for all his hard work. I will send flowers or something. Maybe chocolate.

#11 Ricky of Kokiri

Ricky of Kokiri

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Mar 28 2010, 05:27 PM) View Post

It was that easy? icon_frown.gif

Well, the Bermuda Triangle is the only thing I know that uses the name "Bermuda", so, yeah, it was kinda obvious. >_> Still a cool name, though.

#12 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:49 PM

Aww, I thought it was a way of saying 'come here and you'll disappear without a trace.' icon_razz.gif

But seriously, this only took an hour to do? That's pretty good. icon_biggrin.gif Again, I love how everything's set up now. Makes it seem so professional. icon_smile.gif

#13 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:06 AM

Thanks Robin, and everyone else =) If no one noticed it yet, I also went through all of the old stuff and locked the outdated topics. We currently are thinking about one other additition to Bermuda (or QPFs in general), that will make the unpinned topics a little either to navigate through, without deleting any of the existing threads. I had one idea how to make it, and Robin will talk to Staff about it for us =)
I especially like how Blaman thinks it looks professional, it was one of my main-arguments when discussing the reorganizsation :3

#14 Migokalle

Migokalle

Weeeeeeee!!

• Members

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE(Sheik @ Mar 29 2010, 08:06 AM) View Post
Thanks Robin, and everyone else =) If no one noticed it yet, I also went through all of the old stuff and locked the outdated topics. We currently are thinking about one other additition to Bermuda (or QPFs in general), that will make the unpinned topics a little either to navigate through, without deleting any of the existing threads. I had one idea how to make it, and Robin will talk to Staff about it for us =)
I especially like how Blaman thinks it looks professional, it was one of my main-arguments when discussing the reorganizsation :3
I said I will ask, but I don't know if it's even possible. I will ask though.

#15 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:29 AM

Wow, my successors really made this to one hell of a forum! Good Luck you three! I knew from the beginning that it would come to this!

- Former Screen 80 member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users