EoA Teaser Video 1 - The Deku Leaf

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#16 Bishop

Bishop

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE(Sheik @ Mar 2 2010, 08:29 AM) View Post

Go ahead, the quest will be unpassworded, only graphics will be totally forbidden to rip (unless I've sprited them - I might just make a tilesheet of the ones that poeple are allowed to use and add them to the database so everyone knows what's up). It's a risky way to handle things, but people would surely like to look into the quest's code. And so we figured, it's best to leave it unpassworded.

That is awesome. EoA will no doubt be a great self-teaching tool. I look forward to playing it and improving my own designs through its help. Keep up the good work guys!

#17 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:02 PM

That looks awesome. Great work.

#18 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:18 AM

Wow, that blew me away! (No pun intended.)

I'm sure you've already thought up puzzles of flying over pits, but maybe there could be something else... Like a bombchu that you have to blow away to a platform with a bomb switch, then shoot an arrow at it to blow it up, activating the switch.

This quest looks like a lot of fun. I look forward to playing it.

#19 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:12 AM

Ah, we're not using bombchus but some kind of bomb puzzle could work though! Your's and Miragos' ideas are actually very similar to the one of Robin's that I thought no-one would ever get, so maybe we could include a couple like that.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could improve the script at all?
As you may have noticed (if you were watching very closely!), there are currently no sprites for using the Leaf when facing up or down but hopefully we'll get some soon.
From what you've been saying, having the whirlwind throw perishable items and bombs up in the air like it does Octoroks might be a good idea too; don't think it'd be too hard to code.

#20 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Mar 3 2010, 05:12 AM) View Post

From what you've been saying, having the whirlwind throw perishable items and bombs up in the air like it does Octoroks might be a good idea too; don't think it'd be too hard to code.

LWeapons do have a "Jump" variable, don't they?

Here's an idea, why not make it that, or have an upgrade to the Leaf that makes the whirlwind a 3-way prism for sword beams and wand magic? Just a thought. icon_razz.gif

#21 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:19 AM

Yes, but items don't. Shouldn't be too hard to script though.
I thought you meant have it constantly shoot out beams for a minute there, but that's actually a really good idea and it'd be easy to do, I might well add that somepoint.

#22 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:03 PM

Throwing bombs in the air sounds just like it'd be the perfect puzzle for the L1 endboss(es). Would be awesome!
Edit: It should also be no problem at all to draw disappearing sprites for the whirlwind.

Edited by Sheik, 03 March 2010 - 02:43 PM.

#23 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Mar 3 2010, 11:19 AM) View Post

Yes, but items don't. Shouldn't be too hard to script though.
I thought you meant have it constantly shoot out beams for a minute there, but that's actually a really good idea and it'd be easy to do, I might well add that somepoint.

Well, it could constantly do it if you place the whirlwind at the right place(ie. in the path of magic mirrors.)

#24 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:33 PM

I'm thinking you might want the whirlwind to throw the enemies more. Instead of making them stay in about the same place, maybe make them go a few tiles to the sides.
Although, maybe it is what I'm talking about, but the solid combos around it made it seem otherwise. icon_razz.gif

#25 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:02 AM

Oh yeah, that'd work really well for the L1 boss! I hadn't though of that. Maybe censored

I think constant magic beams might be a bit overpowered.

Hrm, that's a possibility but it'd be really awkward to do. If we had n->Vx/Vy it'd be much easier, but I'm afraid we don't.

#26 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Mar 4 2010, 06:02 PM) View Post

Oh yeah, that'd work really well for the L1 boss! I hadn't though of that. Maybe censored

Yup, that's what I was thinking, but you're actually spoiling how to beat the boss(es) now =P Ah well, Level 1 Boss can be spoiled for all I care to be honest =D
I was thinking about the Item again. If it was in a real game, wouldn't there be the ability to stop floating if you liked? As in, you are floating, press the Item-Button (or L) and than you fall back on the earth. That might be a great addition. It's not essential, but it'd be cool none the less.

#27 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:08 PM

Ok I removed that bit.
And yeah, it would make sense to be able to do that, I'll add it in.

#28 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:04 AM

Just so you all know that I do actually listen to your suggestions:
You can now drop from the Deku Leaf by pressing the button with the item equipped or L, the whirlwind splits magic and sword beams out into three directions after they hit it and it chucks items and bombs up into the air.

#29 Drewby3

Drewby3

veteran member

• Members

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:30 PM

I know I may not be known to Zelda Classic yet but I have tons of Ideas, for Example a whirlwind that when you shoot a magic beam or when a magic beam bounces of of a mirror it will split the beam and send it flying in all directions but it can't harm you. that is just one of my ideas. oh and Joe can you put up a forum with all of your scripts if you don't mind? they would help people out.

#30 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:21 PM

Welcome to PureZC =)
That's not a bad idea at all. I'm working on it, check out the Script Database ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users