Zquest Ideas Concepts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#16 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:07 PM

The ability to set Link's minimap marker and DMap title for a specific screen in Screen Data.

EDIT:

The ability to set a string without a guy.

I'm not sure what you want to do with the minimap marker. A screen title seems superfluous. You can use a blank guy to display a string. ???

#17 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:17 AM

I'm not sure what you want to do with the minimap marker. A screen title seems superfluous. You can use a blank guy to display a string. ???

The minimap marker (and screen title) would help on direct warps to identical screens (and for names of building interiors). Probably minor, but that's the idea.

The reason for having a string without a guy is that setting the guy to "Empty" prevents several kinds of secrets from functioning.

Edited by Cukeman, 10 January 2018 - 01:41 AM.

#18 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:22 AM

The minimap marker (and screen title) would help on direct warps to identical screens (and for names of building interiors). Probably minor, but that's the idea.

The reason for having a string without a guy is that setting the guy to "Empty" prevents several kinds of secrets from functioning.

Do you know what having an Empty guy breaks?

I still do not understand what you mean by setting the minimap marker on a per-screen basis. You want to set it to something other than the true position? (I think that you can do that with a tiny script in 2.54.)

I also have ZScript functions for changing the dmap title, and other strings, in 2.54, so, you could use those to change them for special rooms or such.

I would rather spend the time making the DMap intro something that you can see, than something tied to screens. ;)

I might be able to fix the Empty room issue, or add some extra guy types.

#19 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:30 AM

Empty Guy prevents Enemies -> Item, and (for another example) it makes the Special Item appear onscreen immediately, rather than being triggered by a secret (for a specific example I had a sword trigger that makes a chest appear, but the item appears onscreen as soon as I enter), I am sure it messes up a lot of secret triggers.

Yeah, something other than the true position, if it's a simple script to do that, that's a very minor complaint indeed, but I didn't know a tiny script that would accomplish that was around.

Edited by Cukeman, 10 January 2018 - 07:31 AM.

#20 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:35 AM

Empty Guy prevents Enemies -> Item, and (for another example) it makes the Special Item appear onscreen immediately, rather than being triggered by a secret (for a specific example I had a sword trigger that makes a chest appear, but the item appears onscreen as soon as I enter), I am sure it messes up a lot of secret triggers.

Yeah, something other than the true position, if it's a simple script to do that, that's a very minor complaint indeed, but I didn't know a tiny script that would accomplish that was around.

It would be via new features in 2.54, and I was thinking of the compass marker; but I think that you can make the dot vanish entirely by setting its colour to 0. I'll test that, when I have a chance.

#21 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:30 AM

You can already make the  minimap marker disappear via a screen flag.

And yes it's the dot on the passive subcreen, not the compass marker.

#22 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:19 AM

I'd love to see a "Secrets-> Item" screen flag. It might seem trivial at first, but there is no easy way to make triggering secrets make an item appear, unless you use a chest.
  • Cukeman likes this

#23 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:18 PM

You can duplicate and modify default weapons. It'd be cool if those were available on the enemy editor weapon list to choose.

#24 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:21 AM

You can duplicate and modify default weapons. It'd be cool if those were available on the enemy editor weapon list to choose.

The sprites are something that you can change on a per-npc basis, in 2.54, using the Enemy Editor.

(I have not yet added a way to change the enemy weapon hitbox sizes in a similar manner.)

#25 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:41 AM

Can we have knockback for and against to be a toggable option in the enemy editor?

#26 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:49 AM

I would love to have a checkbox so that, in addition to the enemy dealing 0 damage, they also would not knock me back.

#27 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:00 AM

Yeah. I was thinking it would be good for things like that, and controlling knockback in general.

Both for hitting Link and for Link hitting enemies.

#28 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:40 AM

Probably someone's mentioned this before, but more specific keys.

Say you have a building on DMap 2 with 10 blue lockblocks in it, but the player has to collect the blue lockblock keys across DMaps 0-6. And maybe you don't want regular keys found on DMap 2 to work in the blue lockblocks.

Dunno if I'm proposing Keys and/or Lockblocks with inherent Levels, or someone has a more streamlined idea.

Edited by Cukeman, 15 January 2018 - 11:07 PM.

#29 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:43 AM

Could we get custom music (not MIDI) in specific screens without using a script, just as easily as you could override the usual music with a custom MIDI music? MP3 and NSF would be very nice.

#30 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:08 AM

The ability to click on the Item Location button, then select Item 1, Item 2, Item 3, etc., then select the item and place it. Several items per screen would add a lot.

EDIT: The ability to have more than one sprite for Armos

Edited by Cukeman, 16 January 2018 - 05:58 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zquest, Ideas, Concepts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users