Photo

Screenshot of the Week 68

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot. (66 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Ielen

Ielen

Adept

• Members

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE(plith @ Oct 27 2004, 03:39 AM)
I don't get what's so great about Vargen's. It's just a rather blandish screen set against some cloudish background. Anyone can do that.

What's great about Vargen's screenshot is the simplicity of nature in harmony.
People just choose something which appeals to them & Vargen's screenshot appealed to many people.
That's why he is getting so many votes icon_smile.gif

#32 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:04 PM

I think you're right, Ielen. icon_smile.gif I'm looking forward to seeing Vargen's screenshot on the frontpage. ^_^ We so rarely see an excellent sunset view like that. icon_smile.gif Congratulations to all participants! ^_^ And extra kudos to Radien for the clever screenshot title. icon_smile.gif

#33 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE(PrinceMSC @ Oct 26 2004, 08:41 PM)
IaN that .bmp screenshot is still distorted to me. icon_shrug.gif

And I have adobe 7.0. So there is no need for any other program.  icon_cool.gif

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

It must be your drivers, or somethiner else about your computer, because I've never gotten distorted .bmp's, nor have i gotten them on my old computer either.:/

#34 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 26 October 2004 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE(BH4 @ Oct 26 2004, 06:04 PM)
I think you're right, Ielen. icon_smile.gif  I'm looking forward to seeing Vargen's screenshot on the frontpage. ^_^  We so rarely see an excellent sunset view like that. icon_smile.gif  Congratulations to all participants! ^_^  And extra kudos to Radien for the clever screenshot title. icon_smile.gif

Hey! He's only one vote ahead, and we still have three days left, bud! icon_wink.gif

I'm glad you like the shot title, though. icon_smile.gif I find it hard to make serious titles. icon_wink.gif

Say, is next week SOTM?... If it isn't, I already have next week's entry ready... Josh, you've seen it...

By the way, just in case you want to know, none of the BMP images you guys have posted looked pixellated to me. They're all just fine. Only the JPGs look blurred to me.

#35 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Oct 26 2004, 11:07 PM)
Say, is next week SOTM?... If it isn't, I already have next week's entry ready... Josh, you've seen it...

68 / 4 = 17. Divides evenly, so looks like it. icon_razz.gif

#36 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 October 2004 - 12:25 AM

Good, SotM is next. Gives me time to get further into SB and get something better going. If you hadn't guessed, I'm entering SotW again. I have to thank BH4 for the painful hit, seemed to trigger something in me to work harder on screens (se my current) and story. icon_smile.gif

#37 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 28 October 2004 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE(Happyman @ Oct 27 2004, 03:25 AM)
68 / 4 = 17. Divides evenly, so looks like it. icon_razz.gif

Hmm, it's been 100% consistent? Okay, thanks; that's a handy trick. icon_smile.gif

edit: typo

Edited by Radien, 28 October 2004 - 07:51 AM.

#38 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 28 October 2004 - 12:03 PM

oh crap, this means I have more time to work on my next shot. and I already submitted to Prince... well, I guess I can always submit again, if I feel the need

#39 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 28 October 2004 - 05:04 PM

Yay! We're tied!... icon_smile.gif

....Crap... we're tied. icon_frown.gif I tied last time, too... and Prince's SOTW ranking system isn't very nice about ties.

#40 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:02 PM

sorry... but it's my fault you're tied... I voted for Raiden, because i like how he changed the Zora to an octorok, which is what i'm gonna do in my quest... if I can fix it to do that...

and...

do not dis the almighty froggy of death!

#41 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:19 PM

Broken tie. icon_smile.gif I voted for Radien. I can't wait to see that shot in REAL action. icon_smile.gif

#42 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Oct 29 2004, 12:04 AM)
....Crap... we're tied. icon_frown.gif I tied last time, too... and Prince's SOTW ranking system isn't very nice about ties.

Hmm... could Prince explain how points are gained in his ranking system? I have understood that you receive points only by winning SotW (or in a case of a tie, winning the "tied" picture in SotM). Do you get points based on by how many votes you win? Like, if you win with 10 votes you'll get 10 points and if you win only with 1 vote you'll get 1... or what? icon_smile.gif

#43 Pata Hikari

Pata Hikari

Initiate

• Members

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:24 PM

Vargens, it rocks ^_^

I just love the sunset.

Edit: Crud, I tied it again.

Edited by Pata Hikari, 28 October 2004 - 06:25 PM.

#44 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 30 October 2004 - 08:33 AM

And I thought this was going to be a tie. Probably best for Radien that it isn't. icon_razz.gif Anyway, Radien wins SotW 68. Congarulations!

SotM will start tomorrow and SotW 69 will be next week.

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

#45 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2004 - 11:27 AM

Congrats Radien! You deserved the victory with your unique looking shot. icon_thumbsup.gif

...and Prince didn't answer to my question... :\

EDIT: Heh, now it's tied again, but too late.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users