Yuurei

Rating: 4.8/5 (24 ratings)
Photo

Yuurei Discussion and Bug Reports

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

Poll: Yuurei Runs

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which character(s) did you play?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What difficulties did you play?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Did you play as any of the post-game "special" characters?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:19 PM

I just posted an update that fixes a handful of bugs (and probably introduces a few new ones!!). Should be completely compatible with old save files.

#17 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:36 PM

I'm glad I could help with the song -- I actually use an MP3 of it in my own quest, and that series in general is pretty much one of my big favorites.

... while I certainly did enjoy this quest far more than I did Hitodama, I don't think I'll be returning to make a 2nd playthrough -- at least not anytime soon.

One thing that really irritated me was how the crocodiles kinda 'snap' to a grid tile -- for a while I was avoiding them by just not stopping but then they started snapping to the tile in front of me and it was a reaaally frustrating time.

Spoiler

Edited by Plutia, 10 December 2016 - 06:39 PM.

• Aevin likes this

#18 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:07 PM

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep that in mind for updates and future projects. :)

#19 Gendof

Gendof

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:14 PM

What's the best way to kill the boss in Sky??

So far he's killed me a dozen times...I'm getting tired of him!

#20 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:17 PM

Which character are you playing as? The boss there varies depending on who you play.

Edit: Eh, I'll just offer a bit of advice for both.

Spoiler

I hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.

#21 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:36 AM

Beat the game a second time.

Post-Game spoilers

I can upload some videos of the later bosses I fought during my second playthrough, if you're curious as to how I did it. Had to fight this boss again just to get the screenshot, as I'm too lazy to grab it from the video I recorded.

(EDIT: Also, I didn't do that in one run. There was quite a lot of Save/Retrying)

Also, my subscreen from the first time I beat the game:

Jandra Subscreen 100%

Not sure which character I should do next. Also, was I supposed to get a character other than
Spoiler

Edited by Dimentio, 11 December 2016 - 12:37 AM.

• Aevin likes this

#22 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:21 AM

You unlock different characters for finishing the game under different conditions.

Spoiler

As of right now.

#23 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:41 AM

Dimentio: Sorry, something broke. Weird how that keeps happening with stuff that was very thoroughly tested ... probably a really simple mistake breaking the whole "prizes" system. I'll PM you the names you should have received, and update the file for everyone else.

Thanks a lot for playing. It's great to see someone enjoying the postgame content.

Edit: Odd ... When I activate the challenges and beat the game, I get the proper names. Hmmm ... Combined with the Reflecto McMirror battle, you seem to be the king of bugs I can't manage to reproduce. ;)

#24 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:04 AM

Dimentio: Sorry, something broke. Weird how that keeps happening with stuff that was very thoroughly tested ... probably a really simple mistake breaking the whole "prizes" system. I'll PM you the names you should have received, and update the file for everyone else.

Thanks a lot for playing. It's great to see someone enjoying the postgame content.

Edit: Odd ... When I activate the challenges and beat the game, I get the proper names. Hmmm ... Combined with the Reflecto McMirror battle, you seem to be the king of bugs I can't manage to reproduce. ;)

Oh, I got the names for completing the challenges. I just heard from Moosh that there was a name I was supposed to get for 100% completion. Forgot to specify.

There's also quite a few bugs I found, too. After beating the final boss of Lucas mode, this one sound kept repeating over and over. I'll upload a video of that when I can. The one room in Hall of Watchers that connects to Phlegethon has the same coloration a a Phlegethon room on the map. F5 sometimes destroys all breakable blocks in the room for some reason. 

Edited by Dimentio, 11 December 2016 - 03:14 AM.

• Aevin likes this

#25 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:16 AM

Weird ... Thanks for the bugs. There's not currently a name for 100%, though I've been meaning to reevaluate how the names are handed out. As for the one with the credits ... Did you beat the boss with fewer than about 2 hearts left? If so, it's probably your "continuous heart beep," for which I've been meaning to heal the player after the battle.

Otherwise ... something weird, I guess. I'll look into the other stuff. Thanks a bunch.

Edit: Just submitted a little update that made the fireballs from most of the plant enemies in the game actually do damage.Nothing important, really.

Spoiler

• Evan20000 likes this

#26 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:29 AM

I just posted an update that fixes a handful of bugs (and probably introduces a few new ones!!).

Can confirm, final bosses should not be wielding garbage data as weapons. Everyone should probably redownload the quest. And if you haven't downloaded it in the first place, you probably should, cuz it's pretty incredible, in my opinion.
  • ShadowTiger and Evan20000 like this

#27 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:57 AM

Well! I think this quest is really difficult. I'm having a hard time trying to explore more than 5 screens of the "Sky?". First off, the crocodiles are sometimes undodgable and then the area in general feels like I'm not supposed to go here first, because of how difficult it is. I have 17 deaths already. xD I'll try different strategies though and maybe I'll also find something else.

Some random thoughts: I bothered to watch each characters opening scenes, to choose my character. Your own character name isn't mentioned at the beginning, so if I were to play without looking in the help section or this thread, I wouldn't know my name. I hope every character will somehow find out or mention their name. I also noticed when saving, the characters seem to be divided into 3 trios. The wisps, the seeded(?) guys and the ..others? I wonder if the "other" 3 are connected at all though.

Edit: I've indeed found other areas, so it's all good now.

Edited by Avataro, 11 December 2016 - 11:35 AM.

• Aevin likes this

#28 Gendof

Gendof

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:19 AM

Dimentio,

I would love to see your boss battles.

#29 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:43 AM

suggestion: when you get a spell, do a megaman-esque preview -- one in the menu might also be helpful. if that's too difficult to do it'd be nice to assign like, a 'what does this do' button to ex1 or something that describes what the spell does

Spoiler

oh my god metal blade is even MORE op than it was in mm2

Edited by Plutia, 11 December 2016 - 12:23 PM.

#30 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:24 PM

Dimentio,

I would love to see your boss battles.

Spoiler

Huh, it seems Pure only lets you embed 2 videos per post. I'll just wait until the automerge wears off.

Edited by Dimentio, 11 December 2016 - 01:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users