Photo

The Legend of Zelda: The Age of Darkness (Demo 1)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Naldrag

Naldrag

Weeb Trash

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:53 AM

Happy New Years, PureZC. Hope you all have a good year, etc...

Anyways, I feel it's time to release a demo of this game and I regret not having enough done for the PureZC Fall Expo. Regardless, you got your demo and you won't be getting another one til the Spring Expo, so enjoy.

Download

Note: This demo was made under ZC 2.5 build 910.

#2 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:16 AM

Holy Mother Of Nayru!!!! That was an awesome quest using great features. I liked how Save points were used, the 8bit ness to it, and the gameplay was great. I saved it and quit right before I was going to explore the second part of the dungeon. Although it was a breeze for me, some people, could say that some enimies need to be deducted from certain screens, like the cave where you get the shield.

#3 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:08 AM

-At the intro cut scene, why using so many warps? Also, why don't you use a script that allow the user to press A or B or Enter to warp in an another screen instead of pressing down?

-Dungeon colours are awesome. Don't change them. icon_smile.gif

-That custom boss is a little... 2.10... I mean, I could script it for you and it would have smooth moves... Instead of multiple warps and static images... But it's very good as it is right now. Music is great here. Don't change it.

-That mini boss for Zelda 1 needs to be changed... It's harder than your custom boss!

-I don't get why there are triforce things on the floor at some places...

-Graphics are great. icon_smile.gif

That's pretty much all. Great demo. icon_smile.gif

#4 Naldrag

Naldrag

Weeb Trash

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE(lucas92 @ Jan 1 2009, 12:08 PM) View Post

-At the intro cut scene, why using so many warps? Also, why don't you use a script that allow the user to press A or B or Enter to warp in an another screen instead of pressing down?
Mainly for effect.

-Dungeon colours are awesome. Don't change them. icon_smile.gif

-That custom boss is a little... 2.10... I mean, I could script it for you and it would have smooth moves... Instead of multiple warps and static images... But it's very good as it is right now. Music is great here. Don't change it.
I'd like that, a scripted boss meter would be nice too.

-That mini boss for Zelda 1 needs to be changed... It's harder than your custom boss!
I could dumb it down slightly.

-I don't get why there are triforce things on the floor at some places...
Save points. Probably should make a little readme. icon_razz.gif

-Graphics are great. icon_smile.gif

That's pretty much all. Great demo. icon_smile.gif

Thanks, one of my beta testers actually suggested I get you to script the boss, actually. icon_razz.gif

#5 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:38 PM

Yeah, about the boss. He's ( it? ) is nice, butt, mabe cutting down on the amount of fire balls he shoots? I died many times attempting to end his misery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users