Photo

Games i want to see a ZC version of

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 abdulisgood

abdulisgood

• Members

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:11 AM

There was a game for the famicom that i think could be redone in zc very well: Seiken Psycho Calibur

This game is so much like zelda.

Been a while since i played through it, but i seem to recall the final level is partially randomized?

The other game i think zc could pull off a decent version of is golden axe warrior.

I do not pretend to know how to use zquest, so i personally will not be trying to do these, but i would just love to see either of these games in zc.

At the very least, someone should rip the tilesets from these games to zc format.

• Papa and CimFighter like this

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 05 March 2018 - 04:21 PM

I've always wanted to see some sort of editor / designer for the 2D Castlevania Metroidvania RPGs.   I am such a massive fan of those games! :kawaii:

EDIT:  What do you mean, "version?"   A quest based on the games?  Or a kind of game that features an editor.  I guess both would be good on their own.

• abdulisgood and CimFighter like this

#3 abdulisgood

abdulisgood

• Members

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:05 PM

I mean, i want to see those games recreated inside zelda classic as a custom quest.

Seiken Psycho Calibur is so similar to zelda i literally think it could be reproduced 1:1 in zc if you could rip the tileset.

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:40 PM

Yeah, those both really look like Zelda games. Golden Ax Warrior looks like it could be a lost sequel, or something. I don't think it would be too hard to rip those tiles. But, if you wanted enemies, and sprites, then it might get a bit more time consuming. At first, I thought those trees were the ones they used in Outlands.

• Papa and abdulisgood like this

#5 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:18 PM

I'd like to see something like Darksiders or Shovel Knight in ZC.

#6 abdulisgood

abdulisgood

• Members

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:57 PM

I think zc will have to change a lot for it to pull off darksiders ;). Shovel night on the other hand, hmm... We already have a few mega man and metroid attempts in zc.

Shovel knight in zc would be interesting.

Edited by abdulisgood, 05 March 2018 - 09:59 PM.

#7 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:32 PM

Hell, if you're gonna script Shovel Knight in ZC, you might as well be making your own engine at that point. :P

#8 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:06 PM

I don't know about gameplay necessarily, but the sprites/tilesets of Golden Axe Warrior and Seiken Psycho Calibur both look like they'd translate very well into ZC. Could be a fun project if you're ever up for it.

#9 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:57 PM

Hell, if you're gonna script Shovel Knight in ZC, you might as well be making your own engine at that point. :P

Someone was crazy enough to script raycasting (pseudo-3D) in ZC. We can find someone crazy enough to script Shovel Knight. ;)

• Anthus likes this

#10 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:54 PM

The other game i think zc could pull off a decent version of is golden axe warrior.

Actually...

Edited by Old-Skool, 23 August 2018 - 03:55 PM.

#11 Chris Miller

Chris Miller

The Dark Man

• Banned

Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:15 AM

Someone was crazy enough to script raycasting (pseudo-3D) in ZC. We can find someone crazy enough to script Shovel Knight. ;)

Or Wolfenstein 3D.

#12 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 October 2018 - 02:33 PM

Any sort of old Dungeons and Dragons tabletop module or Dungeons and Dragons computer game ever made could work in ZC, no matter how old or new it might be.

• Papa likes this

#13 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 03 October 2018 - 04:17 PM

I'm surprised no one has made a Pokemon RPG with the engine yet.
  • Thunderfist likes this

#14 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 13 January 2019 - 04:46 AM

I wonder how Minecraft would render in the ZC engine. Anybody else got Minecraft fever? Ugh, that game should come with a warning: "Utterly Addictive".
I would also like to see My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic rendered in ZC. Unfortunately,they would probably look like a pixelated mess.
  • Twilight Knight likes this

#15 Linkrulehyrule21

Linkrulehyrule21

Masterlink

• Members

Posted 27 June 2019 - 04:05 PM

Shovel knight would be a good game to have in zc lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users