Push rock into hole

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:50 AM

Basically I am looking to have Link push a rock into a hole AKA Minish Cap style, to open a shortcut to an area previously accessed.

The rock gets pushed into the hole and then combo changes to the hole with rock in it to be permanent.

I thought I had seen this in the DB, but I cannot locate it.

#2 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:01 PM

Pretty sure you can do this without scripting. Push block and a block hole/block trigger with some screen secrets set should do the trick.

#3 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:02 PM

You can do this with screen flags. The only thing that will need scripting is to make the rock stay there on subsequent visits once it's been in the hole.

#4 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:04 PM

You can do this with screen flags. The only thing that will need scripting is to make the rock stay there on subsequent visits once it's been in the hole.

Permenant screen secrets. Simple.

#5 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:05 PM

Permenant screen secrets. Simple.

But do block holes tell the screen a secret is activated?

#6 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:06 PM

But do block holes tell the screen a secret is activated?

Block trigger would do so.

#7 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:28 PM

I have attempted to do this with block triggers and permanent secrets.

It does not work. I can get the trigger to work with changing the hole to the rock in it. But I cannot get rid of the rock that was pushed into it.

It comes back every time. I need that to go away so it's a 2 way walk when you leave the screen.

#8 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:46 PM

Could maybe try to put a secret flag on the combo where the block starts?
Dunno whether that gets pushed with the block, though.

#9 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:50 PM

Make the under combo a Step->Secrets. Place flag 16 on the block (with inherent Push->(Dir) Once), and make flag 16 match the ground. Place flag 17 on the hole, and make flag 17 a `Block Hole`. Make sure that the combo after the push block and the combo which is a Block Hole look identical, or else it will end up looking wierd when you leave and come back. The actual "Hole" that you push the block into? It can be anything, but it must be walkable unless you have the QR that lets you push blocks through walls enabled.

Sequence of events:

Try getting in from the wrong side-> Blocked

Push Block->You step on the under combo, permanently triggering secrets->The block is pushed onto the hole, which has become Flag 17's combo; a Block Hole, which makes the moving block disapear. The Step->Secrets has become normal ground. -> Leave and come back -> Still open

#10 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:09 PM

I finally got it to work!

I set the "Rock" with an inherent secret flag. I then placed the "block Hole" with the inherent flag of 91"Block Hole <Block->Next>" and placed a secret flag on top of it that changes to the combo after the "Rock" of the "filled" hole with a secret flag on top of that that is the "filled hole" with a type of Step->sens. Perm. Placed the Push flag on the rock.

The Block hole flag ignores the solid combo quest rule, so you can push objects onto it and it changes to the combo after the object that is pushed.

I walked off the screen and came back and the hole remained filled and the rock gone.

Still, it might be easier if there was a block hole and block type that work in conjunction and stays put after leaving the screen without using triggers.

Maybe a Script can be made for this purpose?

Edited by Rocksfan13, 13 September 2018 - 02:10 PM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#11 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:40 AM

I had similar idea like this while ago and
i can dig around if i have the script still laying around still.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users