Photo

Screenshot of the Week 67

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Which shot? (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Which shot?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 18 October 2004 - 09:23 AM

Good thing I didn't enter this week. I voted Pete. The new level looks great and stuff.

#17 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 18 October 2004 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Oct 18 2004, 12:10 AM)
Dangit Nick... You said Sunday night. It's Sunday night. icon_sweat.gif This is possibly the last chance we have to show off shots before the expo!

If you wanted to post it Sunday night, you should have requested they be in BEFORE that. I just got home; it's 9pm here and very few of us are in bed by that time. When you said by Sunday, I assumed that you would be posting it Monday morning.  Not to mention, Praethus very rarely got the shots up immediately anyway.

Yeah, there's always next week.... sorta. When you add in the usual delays, and then one out of every four is a Shot of the Month, on average we technically have a Shot of the Week every two weeks, tops.

http://www.purezc.co...&f=45&t=7891&s=

QUOTE(Nick)
Finally... I may have to change the schedule to starting on Sunday and ending on Friday. I'm sorry, but I am just too busy during the weekdays to start on a weekday besides Friday evening.

I posted this Screenshot of the Week at 10 PM Eastern Standard Time. I'm not in bed at this time, either... however, if I had waited any later, I would have failed to post it by the time I said in the first thread. I would have never even got to it today since I know I'll be dragged off into stuff later today. I probably wouldn't have got to it any other time this week.

Yes. Praethus does have a habit of delaying if he is waiting on people. However, I am not Praethus, nor do I have the time he had before he passed SoTW off. I can't afford to wait on people because it'd never happen if I waited on people.

If you (or anyone else) have a problem with my promptness and my overall management of SoTW, you should take it up by private message instead of complaining in this thread.

As far as showing shots before the expo, there is one more SoTW before the expo (though the expo might start during that SoTW... but I'm not sure).

#18 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 18 October 2004 - 12:25 PM

Thanks for the complements. Nice comments going on here.. I agree.. If I would have gotten some new variety of grass, and used less flowers, or possibly some new flowers, it would have been a better screen. Not saying I could have won. Thanks, again.. icon_wink.gif

#19 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 22 October 2004 - 11:13 PM

I had forgotten to say I voted for Petoe. I'm too busy, and too tired to post comments this time. Sorry...

#20 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 October 2004 - 11:19 PM

Heh, seems Petoe won this week.

Peteo - Well, all I can say is that remember to play MMD...!!  Er, but really, that smasher looks pretty cool when it animates. It combo cycles and the combo cycling took almost 100 combos to work correctly. I know the setup isn't good, but I decided to take a shot which shows off many of the new tiles. You can have it all when I release the tileset.

Does the smasher animated by one pixel each time? If so, I congratulate thee for having the patience I myself did for something similar.

#21 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 October 2004 - 01:53 AM

Yep, I think we can say Petoe won this one. icon_razz.gif Great Job Petoe, can't wait until the game. icon_drool.gif

Anyways, I will submit this week so I warning you all. icon_smile.gif Well hopefully I have a picture that can back that up. icon_nerd.gif

#22 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 23 October 2004 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE(PolygonX8 @ Oct 23 2004, 06:19 AM)
Does the smasher animated by one pixel each time? If so, I congratulate thee for having the patience I myself did for something similar.

One pixel each time? Well, that would be too much, even for me. icon_freak.gif But it animates a half tile each time so the animation looks pretty smooth.

Someone end this SotW quickly before I lose!! icon_heh.gif

#23 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 23 October 2004 - 05:56 AM

If you (or anyone else) have a problem with my promptness and my overall management of SoTW, you should take it up by private message instead of complaining in this thread.

Eh, sorry about that, I'm getting a little too casual. I'll keep it to screenshot comments next time.

Since LTM pushed back the Expo date, I'll just make sure I get a shot in early next time.

Petoe:

Congrats!

Yea, one pixel at a time is unnecessary unless your animation is moving reeeeeeally slowly. 2 pixels is pretty standard. It looks smooth enough, and it easily divides into 16. 4 pixels sometimes works if it's a really fast animation.

#24 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 23 October 2004 - 09:38 AM

Well, I wasn't sure if Nick was going to end this? So I will. SotW 67 is now over with Petoe as our winner. It was an excellent shot Petoe, congratulations on the win.

Reminder to all those who plan on entering in all the SotW to come, that I am now running them. So submit your screen shots before Sunday morning to me. Thank you.

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

#25 CrystalBlade

CrystalBlade

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 23 October 2004 - 01:22 PM

OMG, my first ever vote! icon_razz.gif

Congrats, Petoe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users