Photo

Screenshot of the Week 67

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Which shot? (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Which shot?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 17 October 2004 - 08:39 PM

And the nominees are...

CrystalBlade
user posted image
Link battles a Deku Scrub in an atempt to get some more rupees.

Petoe
user posted image
Someone's going to become a pancake soon...

Snort
user posted image
Oooh.. Looks hot!

codelinker
user posted image

skateboarder11
user posted image

-----

I waited as long as I could for the others who said they would enter, but I can't just hold it off because of one or two people. There is always next week. icon_shrug.gif

#2 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 17 October 2004 - 08:58 PM

Here is my two cents on this week's Shot of the Week:

CrystalBlade: I like the setup a lot. This would be gotten my second vote. It is normal, but doesn't really show off anything new. But it's solid.

Petoe: This one is showing off some of the great custom tiles of the new version of Mega Man: DWR. I guess Petoe, is starting to advertise, since, it will most likely be coming out in a week or two. Anyways, the picture is really good. If only it was played like a platform sidescroller. icon_razz.gif

Snort: This one is okay. The grass is pretty cool, but there is nothing going on in this picture. icon_confused.gif

codelinker: I want to play this game (Well I think it is a picture from your game.) Anyways, the design is really good overall. Great job. icon_thumbsup.gif

skateboarder11: Well this is my opinion, and my opinion only, but I don't like the color. It stands out but that's the only thing that stands out. Looking at the picture, it looks like a so so setup, however, the color. Anyways, please change the color. icon_heh.gif

My vote goes for Petoe. Great Job icon_thumbsup.gif

Anyways, Yeah, I didn't submit a picture because I am too busy with my demo. I don't even know if I will finish it by this friday. Well in any case, next week, I will have a picture so don't worry. Well, until next week. icon_razz.gif

#3 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 17 October 2004 - 09:03 PM

Hmm.... they all have cool graphics but none of them seem to be put together in that "oh so special way" that makes it nice to look at.
CrystalBlade- its nice, but just its just not really eye pleasing. To much open area.
Peteo- this one gets my vote. Its not put together in the "oh so special way" but it has the best graphics to me.
Snort- the only intersting thing is the lava, and it doesent balance out with the rest of the screen.
Codelinker- at first sight i thought that fat thing was link... its kinda jumbled together, not balanced out. if the buildings werent so close together it proboly would have looked better.
Skateborder11- I think the color is a little to dark. plus theres nothing new and intersting in the screne. Unless the sprites are that dark, I dont think the contrast will be very good....
Just my thoughts... im gonna go eat some cheese...

#4 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 October 2004 - 09:16 PM

I'll null vote. I submitted. I'll comment later, like I always do. icon_razz.gif

#5 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 17 October 2004 - 09:33 PM

I voted for petoe. the only thing I don't like about this shot is the sprites for megaman and his items. other than that, it's an excellent shot

my second place vote goes to Codelinker. I would have voted for him, but there are too many flowers..

#6 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 17 October 2004 - 09:38 PM

Here is my two cents on this week's Shot of the Week:

CrystalBlade:I like the setup of the screen and it looks like the quest it's in will be a pretty solid one using the Pure set. icon_smile.gif Not much going on there except Link battling a octorock. icon_razz.gif

Petoe: This one is showing off kewl tiles even I would use. icon_omg.gif Way to go! If I wouldn't of entered, This one would have gotten my vote. icon_smile.gif

Snort: This one is is a pretty good shot taken in the Underworld of TLOZLRTS MQ. icon_smile.gif The jumping fireballs give it the pleasent sence of a lava bath may happen. XD

Codelinker: I can't wait to play this one. icon_razz.gif I have seen other quests you have attempted to finish but fail at doing so - (Hero's Mark). Keep up the good work!

Skateboarder11: Here's my two cents about this screen: The color overall just hurts my eyes. <_< You should try to find a more moderate color to use.

Well, Since I entered, I null voted.

#7 Ielen

Ielen

Adept

• Members

Posted 17 October 2004 - 09:39 PM

My vote goes to Petoe for something different from the rest of the sreenshots icon_smile.gif
The other screenshots look equally good too icon_biggrin.gif

#8 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 October 2004 - 09:49 PM

CrystalBlade: Nice screen, indeed. I like the layout. Very nicely made. I think you could have added more to it. You need more variation to the screens that you enter, into SOTW. Or else someone will comment about not having enough. And therefore, you won't get a vote. I think overall, it is a awesome shot! Great use of the Pureset.

Petoe: Awesome shot! New tiles of course. Nice screen going here. I like the smasher! icon_razz.gif Very nice. The sprites are okay. Good job. You would have gotten my vote.

Snort: Already started off bad. Always remember to take your shots in ZC. That way you can place some action in there, somewhere. Kinda dull screen. Needs more activity. Nice lava. *Mumbles*Ripped* It's a nice looking screen. Can't wait to play it. icon_naughty.gif

Skate: Nice screen here. Very detailed. Sorta.. Nice use of the tiles. Like I told Snort, take your shots in ZC. It makes a difference. Nice use of the border outlines. Great job, all in all. Keep it up. icon_biggrin.gif

#9 CrystalBlade

CrystalBlade

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 17 October 2004 - 11:00 PM

CrystalBlade: Well, um, it's okay. I'll have a much better one in a later SOTW.

Petoe: Nice. icon_cool.gif The Shadow Blade looks better now. This new level looks interesting. I can't wait to play it.

Snort: It's kind of boring. There's not enough variety. Otherwise, it's good.

codelinker: There's almost too much detail. :\ Too much grass and flowers... I like the setup, though.

skateboarder11: It could be a tad brighter... Nice layout, though.

I null voted.

#10 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 17 October 2004 - 11:10 PM

Dangit Nick... You said Sunday night. It's Sunday night. icon_sweat.gif This is possibly the last chance we have to show off shots before the expo!

If you wanted to post it Sunday night, you should have requested they be in BEFORE that. I just got home; it's 9pm here and very few of us are in bed by that time. When you said by Sunday, I assumed that you would be posting it Monday morning. Not to mention, Praethus very rarely got the shots up immediately anyway.

Yeah, there's always next week.... sorta. When you add in the usual delays, and then one out of every four is a Shot of the Month, on average we technically have a Shot of the Week every two weeks, tops.

Edited by Radien, 17 October 2004 - 11:11 PM.

#11 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 17 October 2004 - 11:21 PM

um, Radien, it's sunday. check your computer's date and time properties

#12 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 October 2004 - 11:52 PM

They all look good, but I've always seemed to like Petoe's shots over teh others, especially this one. Good variety of color (from the landscape and sprites together), good graphics, and action. This is how shots should be. Petoe gets my vote. icon_smile.gif

#13 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 18 October 2004 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE(link3505 @ Oct 17 2004, 09:21 PM)
um, Radien, it's sunday. check your computer's date and time properties

I don't really have to look at my computer's date and time properties just to tell what day of the week it is. icon_rolleyes.gif But yes, I know it's Sunday. "By Sunday" and "before Sunday" are different deadlines. By Sunday essentially means on Sunday, unless you give a time of day as well.

Bah. Here are my comments.

CrystalBlade:

Since I was able to deduce that this is from Pure 1st Quest, and also which particular screen you were duplicating, this looks like an excellent interpretation of the original with some interesting additions. However, on its own, there's not much going on here to grab the viewer's attention.

Petoe:

The best shot, hands down. Gets my vote. These graphics are even better than average for MM:DWR. I just wonder how much is ripped and how much custom, because I honestly don't know enough to tell.

Snort:

I like the browns in this palette, and your new mountain tiles. But this shot has no action and I can't even tell what Link would be doing on this screen. Take the shot in ZC next time.

codelinker:

Good, standard, proper use of Pure. But again, like I said to CrystalBlade: there's very little to attract any attention here. It's just the regular town graphics.

skateboarder:

Still way, way, WAY too monochromatic. The last time we said that, you fixed it nicely with a more varied color scheme. Now do that with ALL your dungeon palettes.

Edited by Radien, 18 October 2004 - 01:28 AM.

#14 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 18 October 2004 - 06:07 AM

CrystalBlade: Pretty good standard shot. Setup is good, and there really isn't much to say, as it looks like it serves its purpose. icon_shrug.gif
Petoe: Great custom tiles here. Not good setup, but since it is a sidescroller, I think I can let that slide this time. icon_razz.gif The background fits in perfectly with this shot, and the sprites are really good.
Snort: Maybe it's just me, but I don't like those dark red lava tiles on the overworld. To me, they clash with the rest of the tiles. icon_shrug.gif This is an okay shot though.
Codelinker: Probably the 2nd best shot here. The setup is nice, you have a really good variety of tiles. But, hey I did tell you "depending on the competition you could win".
skateboarder11: I have to agree with Radien. Dungeons look really bad if they are all one color. They just get downright ugly. Now, there's not much you can about, besides put more variation in the colors, but add more detail to simply have more color in there. icon_shrug.gif
My vote goes to Petoe.

#15 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 18 October 2004 - 06:46 AM

Okay, let's see...

CrystalBlade - Very nice Zelda shot. The ground looks a bit boring... it could be more detailed. But the shot is well setup, and the action on screen is a big plus!

Peteo - Well, all I can say is that remember to play MMD...!! icon_wink.gif Er, but really, that smasher looks pretty cool when it animates. It combo cycles and the combo cycling took almost 100 combos to work correctly. I know the setup isn't good, but I decided to take a shot which shows off many of the new tiles. You can have it all when I release the tileset.

Snort - Well the colors are nice, but other than that I cannot find anything special about the shot. A more interesting layout and more details would make it much better. But hey, it's not a bad shot at all!

codelinker - Now this is a good shot! Those flowers look ugly, but other than that the shot is great. Good layout, different people, different houses... Well done. If the grass would be more interesting then the shot would be really good.

skateboarder11 - I have to say that the shot is quite ugly. :\ One colored dungeons might work with classic graphics, but not in this case. Well, at least the layout is interesting. That's a good thing.

EDIT: Ohh... icon_blink.gif I didn't expect that many votes...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users