• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#16 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE(Matthew @ Feb 22 2007, 05:04 PM) View Post

CastChaos, wait a little while. _L_ is making drown combos, so at that time, you can make this. No need to make it myself. icon_biggrin.gif

However, I don't want to give the flippers to the player right in the Light World... They would come only at Dark World Level 6... Still, it will be somehow.

I thought about a script which brings back died enemies. NOT especially whiches died, rather a set one. If it's an FFC you place it on a screen with 10 enemies and when one is killed, a new spawns. Obviously you don't want "Enemy => Secret" screen flag/rule here...
As an item, it spawns the specified enemies. Why? For training, for example.

I also thought about an item which draws HP from enemies and transfers it into Link. Maybe it's not possible to draw some HP frm enemies, but instantly killing one is possible. I think it's more than just a modification of your Destruction Machine item script.

(the only problem is that if I know that something is possible, then something such probably was already done...)

#17 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Feb 22 2007, 02:13 PM) View Post

I also thought about an item which draws HP from enemies and transfers it into Link. Maybe it's not possible to draw some HP frm enemies, but instantly killing one is possible. I think it's more than just a modification of your Destruction Machine item script.

Is too possible. Just take away some HP from an enemy, and give it to Link. Only problem would be if you take away more HP than the enemy has. icon_unsettled.gif Right now, I think I'll take a break for a little while. But keep these suggestions coming. icon_smile.gif

#18 EssenceOfHyrule

EssenceOfHyrule

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:45 PM

Some for of wind based item, like the gust jar or SPOILERS! SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS! gale boomerang. It could activate fans, and suck enemies towards you!

#19 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE(EssenceOfHyrule @ Feb 22 2007, 03:45 PM) View Post

Some for of wind based item, like the gust jar or SPOILERS! SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS! gale boomerang. It could activate fans, and suck enemies towards you!

Already suggested, already got a no answer to. And enough with the TP items! You're gonna end up spoiling the whole game for me on what the items do! icon_frown.gif

#20 andrewmcd1

andrewmcd1

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:36 AM

Once the Ice magic (which I suggested icon_wink.gif) is added, I'll have a couple of suggestions for you, but right now, I've only got one more:

A ring which either:
a) Downgrades Level 2 Ghinis to Level 1 Ghinis (and therefore stopping their invincibility) or
b) Gives you the power to defeat invincible enemies.

Obviously, the second one would also include bubbles, which would stop puzzles like shoelace's Bubble puzzle, but I don't think anyone else has used one like that before.

Edited by andrewmcd1, 23 February 2007 - 12:44 PM.

#21 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:39 PM

An Enemy Vacuum that pulls the enemy towards you. I might try coding this too, it doesn't seem impossible.

Edited by Fire Wizzrobe, 23 February 2007 - 07:40 PM.

#22 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:17 PM

a long piercing weapon, like a hookshot with a golden arrow for the head. Doesn't have to instantly kill anything it hits, nor does it have to come back. just pierce through and extend like the hookshot.

#23 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE(Fire Wizzrobe @ Feb 23 2007, 07:39 PM) View Post

An Enemy Vacuum that pulls the enemy towards you. I might try coding this too, it doesn't seem impossible.

.....Now that I think of it, this is way possible. Just pull an enemy towards you if it's on the same X position as you and isn't behind you..... Maybe I'll work on that Gust Jar some day then. icon_wink.gif

#24 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:52 AM

Enemy repellent. It moves all enemies outside of a 2 tile radius. You could use the distance formula or something. I guarantee it's possible without sines and cosines.

#25 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:52 AM

I know! *waves his hand* Yes, I know an awesome script! A script which is heavily required for every LttP-style quest!

Magic Mirror!

Remember how did the Magic Mirror warp you in LttP from the Dark World to the Light World? You appeared in the same XY screen at the same XY coordinates. You warped back if the destination was solid. In dungeons it was technically a Farore's wind. In caves, it was useless.

So, this item script should wok like this: when Link is on a certain map, he can warp back to another certain map to the same screen with the same XY coordinates unless if that's solid.

For example, you make Map5 the Dark World and Map4 the Light World. This script only works when you are on Map5 and so warps you to Map4. Same screen (for example: 24) and same XY coordinates (for example: x94 y54). Maybe scripts can check only for DMap.

What do you say? It would be so important...

#26 EssenceOfHyrule

EssenceOfHyrule

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:16 AM

That...would be awesome. Doesn't sound too hard to script either...anyhoos...maybe an item that spawns the combo 1 tile in front of you 2 tiles away from you, on certain combos. Can you say "bridge fixer"?

#27 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE(EssenceOfHyrule @ Feb 25 2007, 09:16 AM) View Post

That...would be awesome. Doesn't sound too hard to script either...anyhoos...maybe an item that spawns the combo 1 tile in front of you 2 tiles away from you, on certain combos. Can you say "bridge fixer"?

Can you say, "modification of Cane of Somaria"? icon_razz.gif It's true. It can work like that. icon_wink.gif

Uhmm.... Lesse... No Magic Mirror. I tried to do the EXACT SAME THING with my Harp of Ages script, and nothing happened.... Oh well.

Keep these suggestions coming, guys...

#28 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:45 PM

Timed Rings. You can only have the blue / red rings for a limited time. Once the time is gone, your ring disappears.

#29 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 25 February 2007 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE(/M/ @ Feb 25 2007, 01:45 PM) View Post

Timed Rings. You can only have the blue / red rings for a limited time. Once the time is gone, your ring disappears.

Can't be done using Item Scripts. You'd have to USE the item first, and then there's no way to make a true timer without freezing all other game action... Sorry. You can do this with FFC scripts, though....

#30 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 25 February 2007 - 02:19 PM

Expanding from /M/'s idea...

Gaurdian Acorn/Piece of Power. Yes, those items from LA.

Guardian Acorn cuts damage in half(much like the /M/'s Blue Ring idea), but disappears when you take eight hits or enter a different Level map. Why not Dmaps? Dmaps are used when changing colors for a region in the Overworld or for levels; Level Maps can be an entire Overworld(Like LoZ).

Piece of Power is tricky. Not did you double the damage to the enemy, the knockback factor was greatly expanded where the enemy could go to the edge of the screen. Wearing off is the same as Guardian Acorn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users