Give me a suggestion on an item to script

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:44 PM

Sigh.... I'm really bored right now, and I don't exactly have any scripts to work on right now (The others I'm working on have problems that no one's helping me to solve), so...

I need a suggestion. But no TP items.

#2 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:50 PM

Arrow bombs
Stone power ( makes Link walk slower, yet decreases hits by half, for a limited time.)
Different swords
Leaf ( Blows enemies away, doesn't do damage but can find secrets.)
Function Shield. ( Like in Link's Awakening.)

#3 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:51 PM

Two things: Net and Bottled Fairy. The Bottled Fairy revives Link; the Net catches them.

EDIT:Better yet, let's have a "True" bottle system;. Fairies, Potions, certain objects can be stored in the bottles, and eliminates the "one at a time" problem.

Edited by Linkus, 21 February 2007 - 09:09 PM.

#4 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:34 PM

Okay, let's get right to it....

/M/:
1: Uhh.... Until it's possible to create Link weapons in ZScript, this is a no, unfortunately. icon_frown.gif
2: I don't know how to change Link's speed yet. I don't think it IS possible, though. But what of decreasing damage in half? Well.... That's where it gets even more complicated. It's possible to give Link the different Rings temporarily, but.... What if you have Red Ring? I don't think Gold Ring halves damage again after Red Ring.... And what if you had the Gold Ring? You can't halve that. O.o
3: Uhh.... Read #1.
4: Wish it was possible, but you'd have to tweak enemies A LOT. Too much, in fact. But it IS a nice idea. And possible. Just... Way too much work right now. icon_unsettled.gif
5: Again, see numbers 1 and 3. icon_unsettled.gif

Sorry. Nice ideas, though. icon_wink.gif

Linkus:
1: See /M/ Response #1. Nice idea, though.
2: Nice, but there's currently no way to make items work on pickup yet. Only when you put them on A or B and use them.
3: THIS seems more possible. Problem is, whatever item you give a script to will use both the script and its normal functions. So not yet. Let's wait until we can have TRUE custom items without any extra effects from the normal items, okay? icon_wink.gif

Again, sorry. icon_unsettled.gif However, Linkus, once your ideas are possible, I WILL make them. icon_smile.gif Or I'll try.

Edit: Whoops, Tab Mishap again. >_<

Edited by Matthew, 21 February 2007 - 09:36 PM.

#5 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:52 PM

I know I asked for it in another whole topic as well, but...

My plan (For my quest) is to have 3 ocarinas for the 3 different ocarina songs from LA/LADX. Now, in LA/LADX, the (Let's say the) Ballad of the Windfish doesn't awaken the flying rooster; you need a completely different song altogether. Therefore, I have 3 ocarinas. One would awaken the rooster, one would warp you, and one would open the windfishes egg if you had all the Instruments. (Or in this case, Triforce Shards)

So I would need to be scripted:
1. Item that stops all action, then plays a sfx, then activates a secret. (It would only activate the secret if you were on a specific screen)

2. Item just like the one above, except in order to trigger the secret, you need all the "Triforce Shards".

I see mostly no problem with either of these except that I don't know if it's possible to check which screen Link is on. If you can't do that, maybe it can be a specific combo instead of screen?

#6 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE(Beta Link @ Feb 21 2007, 09:52 PM) View Post

I know I asked for it in another whole topic as well, but...

My plan (For my quest) is to have 3 ocarinas for the 3 different ocarina songs from LA/LADX. Now, in LA/LADX, the (Let's say the) Ballad of the Windfish doesn't awaken the flying rooster; you need a completely different song altogether. Therefore, I have 3 ocarinas. One would awaken the rooster, one would warp you, and one would open the windfishes egg if you had all the Instruments. (Or in this case, Triforce Shards)
So I would need to be scripted:
1. Item that stops all action, then plays a sfx, then activates a secret. (It would only activate the secret if you were on a specific screen)

2. Item just like the one above, except in order to trigger the secret, you need all the "Triforce Shards".
I see mostly no problem with either of these except that I don't know if it's possible to check which screen Link is on. If you can't do that, maybe it can be a specific combo instead of screen?

It IS possible to check what screen you're on, but... You can't stop all action without changing a combo to Screen Freeze. But let me ask you this: Why do you need one that simply activates a secret? The ordinary Ocarina/Flute/Whistle already does that. icon_razz.gif As for making secrets trigger with all Triforce Pieces, I doubt it. The only way to "trigger" the secret as far as I know is to remove the flag. But that doesn't trigger it.

The Warping is too simple, so... I'll put THESE off until both are possible (Use the Whistle item itself for the 3rd, okay?). icon_wink.gif

#7 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 22 February 2007 - 01:01 AM

I've got one that ought to be pretty easy if it is possible. icon_smile.gif

Currently, I am using the Bait for Skulltula Medallions. You "kill" a spider (accomplished with cycling combos), get the Medallion (Bait), and take it to someone who has been afflicted with the spider's curse ("Hungry Goriya" room).

The idea is pretty sound, but there is one problem: you can only carry one Bait at a time. icon_unsettled.gif

So, do you think it might be possible to script a Bait item that runs on a counter, just like bombs and arrows?... Anything else you might like to do to make it more appropriate would be welcome, but I basically mentioned the important part. icon_smile.gif

#8 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:48 AM

Well, I can't think of any item scripts I would use right now... But I can think of something kindof cool...

Wrath of Gaea

Hammer replacement. The features are...

When it hits the pound combo, instead of changing to the next combo, it becomes a 3x3 block, with where the pound combo was right in the center. What combo it uses as a "seed" is specified by the register sd7.

When it hits the first "Unused" combo, it sets the register gd255 as 1, that way, a massive script-based event can occur.

When it hits the second "Unused" combo, it sets the register gd254 as 1, for the same reason, but to have 2 on one screen.

When it hits the third "Unused" combo, it kills all the enemies on the screen, as well as triggering the secrets.

Just a thought...

#9 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:09 AM

Minish Cap's Cane of Pacci.

PLEASE.

#10 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:05 AM

I I ever make a quest, Light World Level 4 would be an underwater dungeon, so Link needs an item which enables him to breathe under water. I think you could do this in this way: you make a FFC which checks if Link has the item. If Link has the item, nothing happens, but when he missed it, then he dies. This item would be an auto used item, like the ladder, raft, boots, money bag, etc. But maybe you want to make an Item script, so the item would be like the Boots, but it would disable only the insta-death (24 or higher damage) combos.

Something like this, if it's an FFC:
CODE

//This isn't a working script, I am making this up
import "std.zh"

ffc script drowning

int zora_pearl = Item202

void run ()
{
       {
       IF ( Link == zora_pearl);
       quit_script;
       }
       {
       else
       LinkHP -> 0
       }
}

However, if you make the item itself, I don't know how to do it.

Edited by CastChaos, 22 February 2007 - 05:06 AM.

#11 andrewmcd1

andrewmcd1

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:54 AM

Well, apart from the item ideas I have already imparted to you (And you know what they are), I have some ideas:
  1. A potion that gives you invicibility for a short period of time.
  2. A potion that increases your stregnth for a period of time (i.e Grandma's soup from WW).
  3. A lucky charm that increases the likelyhood that an enemy will drop an item.
  4. A pair of magnetic Gloves.

For the magnetic gloves, the one that pulls you could obviously just be a hookshot, but for the other one... You'll have towork it out yourself icon_wink.gif.

Edited by andrewmcd1, 22 February 2007 - 07:00 AM.

#12 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:17 AM

I have some neat spells you could take a crack at in here. icon_wink.gif That Backdash one is looking to be the coolest one so far.

#13 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Feb 22 2007, 01:01 AM) View Post

I've got one that ought to be pretty easy if it is possible. icon_smile.gif

Currently, I am using the Bait for Skulltula Medallions. You "kill" a spider (accomplished with cycling combos), get the Medallion (Bait), and take it to someone who has been afflicted with the spider's curse ("Hungry Goriya" room).

The idea is pretty sound, but there is one problem: you can only carry one Bait at a time. icon_unsettled.gif

So, do you think it might be possible to script a Bait item that runs on a counter, just like bombs and arrows?... Anything else you might like to do to make it more appropriate would be welcome, but I basically mentioned the important part. icon_smile.gif

Well, I know we can make custom counters. Problem is, I don't know WHEN. So... I'll have to ask at AGN first, okay? icon_wink.gif

Revfan, NO. You want ZASM. I don't do ZASM.

Limzo... We can't spawn weapons yet, so this won't work. Besides, it'd be TWO scripts, one for the item, one for an FFC that'd make Link jump. And no, enemies couldn't be affected by it because that'd require WAY too much work on the DEVELOPERS' parts to make the enemies be affected by it!

CastChaos, wait a little while. _L_ is making drown combos, so at that time, you can make this. No need to make it myself. icon_biggrin.gif

andrewmcd1: Uhhh.... Lesse....
1: Use my Stopwatch script and put it on the potion. -_- It gives you a Clock, and if you tick the rule "Clocks are Temporary", then it makes you invincible for a short period of time. It also freezes enemies, though, but... It's the only way to do it.
2: Can't do that. No way to increase the damage Link does.
3: Impossible, sorry.
4: I believe someone is already working on these. icon_wink.gif

ShadowTiger: Uhhh.... Lesse... Just about all yours are possible. icon_biggrin.gif Life ones, definitely possible. Backdash, a simple check for Link's direction and move him back exactly 1 1/2 combos (Which would be.... 24, I believe), and yes, it IS possible to take some of Link's HP away and add to his magic. icon_biggrin.gif I'll go get to work on thos right away. icon_smile.gif

#14 andrewmcd1

andrewmcd1

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:28 AM

O.k, then how about:
  1. A cursed item that either:
    • Slowly reduces life
    • Slowly reduces magic
    • Slowly reduces arrows
    • Slowly reduces bombs
    • Slowly reduces rupees
    Until you:
    • Buy an item that cancels out the curse
    • Get healed by a fairy
  2. A din's fire/nayru's love/farore's wind item that can only be used once but can be bought and collected

... but I think only the second one here would be doable. icon_unsettled.gif

#15 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE(andrewmcd1 @ Feb 22 2007, 11:28 AM) View Post

O.k, then how about:
  1. A cursed item that either:
    • Slowly reduces life
    • Slowly reduces magic
    • Slowly reduces arrows
    • Slowly reduces bombs
    • Slowly reduces rupees
    Until you:
    • Buy an item that cancels out the curse
    • Get healed by a fairy
  2. A din's fire/nayru's love/farore's wind item that can only be used once but can be bought and collected
... but I think only the second one here would be doable. icon_unsettled.gif

Right, because custom items currently can't activate their scripts at item pickup yet. icon_frown.gif But all you need for the second is this:

CODE
import "std.zh"
item script Oneuse
{
           void run()
           {
                       Link->Item [ID] = false;
           }
}

I typed that right here in the forums, not in notepad or anything. It's too easy. Lesse..... I doubt the "this" pointer would work for the IDs, so.... In place of "ID", use the ID of the 3 items. Now, here's where it get complicated. You need to make 3 versions, one for each item. Since I'm nice, I'll go ahead and give you the IDs for the 3 spells. They are:
Din's Fire- 64
Farore's Wind- 65
Nayru's Love- 66

Replace ID with one of those. icon_wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users