15 Years of Pure

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:28 PM

Some of you may have noticed, but PureZC is 15 years old as of today. A decade and a half ago, Wild Bill created this website that many have called their internet home over the years, myself included. 

Here's a little more in depth history of PureZC.
About PureZC

I have met a lot of great people that I consider to be some of my best friends here. Some have moved on to other places on the web, and some have had their personal life take off. In the end, we have all met other people that we may not have ever met if it weren't for PureZC.

Some amazing quests have come to exist over the years with the help of fellow members here. I have played a lot of great quests, and I remember the one that drew me into the whole Zelda Classic program all those years ago. Hidden Duality by DarkFlameWolf is the one. I found it here, and played it for a while. I lurked around the forums before joining the 1½ year old PureZC.  :shy:  That day I signed up, I didn't think I would still be here, much less think the website would still exist all these years later.  :wow:

I remember talking in IRC chat through it's many servers, such as Initialized, Sixlabrats, and it's current home at Bladerock. A lot of conversations with many members. Even a time where I fell asleep on the keyboard, and "33333333"ed chat for a long while, until I got kickbanned until I awoke later.  :XD: Now with the addition of Discord, I'm sure there will be a good number of years worth of memorable conversations to be had.

Most of my time here, I have served as a staff member, whether it be a Moderator, Administrator, Site Staff, or my current role as Forum Assistant. It has been my pleasure to help this website continue to exist, and to help it's members with issues that arise. Also being host to Screenshot of the Week over the years, for everyone to enjoy participating in, along with hosting, and helping to host the annual Superlatives. I hope that I can help serve you for years to come.  :eng101: 

In the end, PureZC has been my online home for as long as I've been a member here, and hope that it can last another 15 years. I also hope that you've come to enjoy PureZC as much as I have. I would like to hear some memories, thoughts or feelings of your time here. Thank you all for being here.  :clap:

• Magi_Hero, Nathaniel, Anthus and 16 others like this

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:47 PM

It's amazing how long this site has been around. I'm definetly enjoying my time here and I consider PureZC a significant part of my life, since it's my most frequently visited website.

• Neppy and Shane like this

#3 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:08 PM

Wow, what a milestone! It's hard to believe that PureZC has been around for so long. Watching this place mature and grow over the years has been such a unique experience. It's nice to know we all have our own little corner of the internet that's juuuust for us. Happy Birthday, PureZC!! Here's to many more years of neglecting social responsibilities and the crippling weight of reality for more Zelda.  :slycool:

• Evan20000 and Naru like this

#4 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

Happy birthday PureZC! It's amazing how long this site and its members have been around.

• Shane likes this

#5 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:16 PM

My engineering professor's name is Bill Wild, and every time I see it written down, I always think of Wild Bill.

Happy birthday PZC.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#6 Erdrick

Erdrick

Redeemed

• Members

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:55 PM

Congratulations on 15 years, PureZC!

#7 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:46 AM

PureZC has existed for roughly half of my lifetime.

If PureZC were a citizen where I live, it would be old enough to drive next year, be able to smoke in three years, and drink in six.

I'm member 91. I've been registered since October 2002 when I used the name "UpbeatPenguin" which is a name I kind of stole from a friend. There are a few members still active who registered before I did, but not many.

PureZC is old. I'm old. Everything is getting old. Aaagh. Portal came out about ten years ago. Bioshock came out ten years ago. Windows Vista came out ten years ago. Crysis came out ten years ago.

• ShadowTiger, Espilan, Beefster and 7 others like this

#8 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:28 AM

PureZC is old. I'm old. Everything is getting old. Aaagh. Portal came out about ten years ago. Bioshock came out ten years ago. Windows Vista came out ten years ago. Crysis came out ten years ago.

Don't speak

I know just what you're saying
So please stop explaining
Don't tell me 'cause it hurts
Don't speak
I know what you're thinking
I don't need your reasons
Don't tell me 'cause it hurts

https://www.youtube....h?v=TR3Vdo5etCQ

• Magi_Hero likes this

#9 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:56 AM

Man, it's crazy to see this site already at 15 years of age. I've mentioned this many times in the past, but wow that's just 3 years younger than myself!

I've had some pretty great times here ever since I signed up back in March 2009, and this place in general is probably the best online community I've ever been a part of. Can't wait to see PZC turn 20 in another 5 years time :P

• Shane and Matthew like this

#10 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:31 AM

Happy Birthday, Pure. Ah, they grow up so quick. Next year, they'll be driving, then in two more, off to college-- hng, I can't take it!

#11 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:42 PM

5 more years, and most of our newest members will be of a different generation from the original in 2002.  It says a lot when a site can cross over into generations like that.  Many come, many go, some stay, and a few have unfortunately passed away, but its primary purpose remains the same.

• Neppy, Adem, Eddy and 1 other like this

#12 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

15 Years!?  Sheesh I don't think many forums actually last that long!  Anyways, big props to PZC and all of it's fantastic members!  

With more new quests being created and potential new versions of ZC coming out later, it still has a pretty solid future ahead of it.  :)

• Matthew likes this

#13 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:49 PM

Thats nice to know.* 2017, this is a year to start releasing some reality changing titles for the ZC engine since the reality shaker breath of the wild has become.

#14 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:45 PM

15 years, huh?  Damn, I've I've been here for about 13 and a half of them...  Time flies.  I wish I was more active during my earlier years, but I'm just glad this community still exists.

Let us not forget Wild Bill (may he rest in peace), for without him, we wouldn't have this site.  Let's make it to 30!

• Neppy and SkyLizardGirl like this

#15 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:59 PM

PureZC has existed for roughly half of my lifetime.

Same.

Member #651 here. I'm barely actually active anymore but I still lurk around the forums and now the official Discord server almost daily, mostly to see what sort of stuff our current questmakers are up to. This community and ZC itself have both come a pretty long way, and watching it all happen over the fourteen years I've been here has been something else.

Keep on rockin', guys.

• Matthew likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users