72 replies to this topic

#16 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 20 March 2023 - 05:30 AM

Ah, sadly you did not get my joke :-)

Too bad I can't put my few pixels on the screen

Edited by Twilight Knight, 20 March 2023 - 05:32 AM.

• Taco Chopper likes this

#17 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 March 2023 - 05:35 AM

Ah, sadly you did not get my joke :-)

Too bad I can't put my few pixels on the screen

glh;f;h; i hate myself for not realising this god awful joke

• Twilight Knight likes this

#18 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 20 March 2023 - 05:46 AM

Hahaha great

#19 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 30 March 2023 - 02:37 AM

We're four days out from Screenshot of the Week 775 and there's currently just one submission for the contest! Get your silliest screens in while you can!

#20 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 30 March 2023 - 05:31 AM

I'm going to try. I just have to make time in between working 5 days in a row.

#21 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 31 March 2023 - 06:34 PM

Hey everyone, just thought I'd provide an explanation into the posting schedule to clear any confusion there may be around when new Screenshots of the Week get posted.

As per the Screenshot of the Week schedule, contests are opened, closed, etc every Monday. Simple enough!

But because the majority of the PureZC userbase is situated in North America, I aim to close the current contest at around 12 am US Eastern Standard/Daylight Time. Because I live in Australia though, this usually works out to be 1:30/2:30 pm  Australian Central Standard Time. I also work on Mondays, so unless I'm sick or on holiday, I won't be posting the new contests until around 6-7 pm Australia time just because I won't be able to access my computer until that time. That works out to be about 4:30-5:30 am EST time as a result.

anyway the tl;dr is

• Screenshot of the Week is posted every Monday
  • the previous SotW closes at 12 am Mondays EST
  • the current SotW opens at 4:30-5:30 am Mondays EST

If you have any questions about this, please let me know!

Also we currently have a few submissions ahead of SotW 775 - but just remember that there's a theme for this one!

#22 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 09 April 2023 - 12:21 AM

Happy weekend everyone! There's three submissions already for Screenshot of the Week 776, but if you want to submit an entry, there's never a better time than now!  :sly:

#23 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 09 April 2023 - 03:14 AM

Does this mean you'll start the next SotW coming Monday?  :bounce: 

Happy whatever-you-celebrate weekend!

#24 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 09 April 2023 - 03:52 AM

Does this mean you'll start the next SotW coming Monday? :bounce:

Happy whatever-you-celebrate weekend!

Nah, I only have the three screenshots submitted at the moment, so SotW 776 will still happen on April 17 as scheduled.

Now, if I had nine screenshots in the dropbox for 776 ahead of tomorrow... ;)

#25 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 09 April 2023 - 03:56 AM

Now, if I had nine screenshots in the dropbox for 776 ahead of tomorrow... ;)

Don't worry about it, I'll create some bot accounts  :twisted: 

But alright, it's good to keep things on the safe side. Who knows sometime soon SotW will be back at full strength, it's going well so far

• Taco Chopper likes this

#26 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 10 April 2023 - 08:48 PM

Eventually I'd love to look at making Screenshot of the Week weekly again! It just depends on overall interest from the wider community. The two factors I've considered are the number of people who'd submit (regulars versus newbies/occasional contestants), as well as being able to get three to four screenshots submitted every week. I'd love to see entries from everyone, honestly :) 

The banking system is serving somewhat of a purpose, even if only a few people have used it so far. Most of the entries have also been submitted roughly two to three days before their respective Screenshot of the Week, which is also something I'm factoring in to returning the contest to a weekly format. The big question is whether everyone would be interested in putting screenshots together on such a frequent basis?

A few rules would also change as a result - the maximum entries per contest would definitely drop down to 4 from the current 6. and the length of each contest being open would go back to being a week per contest. 

In the current format however - if enough people submitted screenshots ahead of time, then the contest would be looking at a weekly format. So say if another six people submitted entries between now and April 17, I'd be looking to do SotW 777 on April 24.

All that said, I'll see how interest in Screenshot of the Week continues for now and I'll look to make a poll in the future about the schedule. If there's plenty of people who want to see it return to a weekly format, then so be it! I'm all for it myself, but it just depends on whether the community can maintain Screenshot of the Week at that kind of a frequency again.

#27 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 13 May 2023 - 06:42 PM

Happy Tears of the Kingdom weekend everyone!
We currently have just two submissions ahead of Screenshot of the Week 778 starting on Monday!

If you want to show off any screens you've been working on, now is the time 🙂

#28 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 26 May 2023 - 09:29 AM

Hi everyone! There are some big changes coming to Screenshot of the Week that we want to communicate:

• Screenshot of the Week is moving BACK to a weekly format! The return of SotW has proven to be successful, and we think the time's right to test SotW returning to its original form. If the interest around the contests continues like this, then the weekly schedule will be permanent. The weekly version of Screenshot of the Week begins with SotW 779 next week.
  • Because of this, the contest schedules for Screenshot of the Week, Screenshot of the Month, and Screenshot of the Year have been updated. Screenshot of the Month will also return to being a monthly contest, while Screenshot of the Year 2023's start date has been pushed back to the end of January 2024. You can see all the revised schedules here.
  • Unless otherwise stated by staff, a maximum of FOUR submissions will be posted per contest, with any additional submissions being queued up for the following contest(s). This may change over time, but considering that SotW is shifting back to a weekly format, the second priority after showcasing everyone's amazing screenshots is ensuring that the contests happen on time! You're still welcome to submit as many screenshots as you want, but don't be disheartened if you don't see your screenshot in that week's SotW - it'll more than likely end up in the SotW contest after that. This is now outlined in the SotW information and rules thread as well.

Thanks again to everyone who gave their opinion about the format change on the feedback thread. If you have any other questions around these changes, feel free to post them here as well.

• Mitchfork likes this

#29 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 17 June 2023 - 09:23 PM

Happy weekend, everyone! There's just the one entry ahead of Screenshot of the Week 782 tomorrow - if you're looking to submit, now is the best time!

#30 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 21 June 2023 - 10:15 AM

Hey everyone, I'm excited to announce that Screenshot of the Week 783 will be a themed contest! The theme will be SUMMER FRENZY!!, courtesy of the Screen Rebirth team's upcoming contest schedule.

What does SUMMER FRENZY!! mean as a screenshot, you ask? Well, it's up to you! Perhaps a screen showing off angry beachgoers, a violent sun, or even just a good old beach! It's fast, it's loose and it's all up to you!

And as this is a themed SotW, there will be no restrictions regarding the amount of maximum submissions for Screenshot of the Week 783. The more the better!

If you have any questions regarding the theme, please don't be afraid to reach out!

• Mitchfork and Joelmacool like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users