Photo

Let's Talk about Quest Concepts we have.

Zeldaclassic Quest Concepts Zelda Classic Quest ideas

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:52 AM

Here's my first draft concept of a quest that's as close to the non-linear freedom of Zelda 1 in a more traditional quest structure like Ocarina's. I am working on updating this, I have a lot more ideas and I think I figured out a way to have Z2-"levelling" make sense in Zelda.

Eh, its a soft reboot.

https://drive.google...ew?usp=drivesdk

Edited by Reflectionist, 12 February 2019 - 02:55 AM.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#17 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:47 PM

In the Xmass holydays i was working on a quest that use the cane of byrna as mayn weapon, the protagonist is a emo girl that may call bats, how ?

simple, i replace the sprite of the beam whit the sprite of a bat and it give the impression that the bats fly aorund the girl for protect her.

Anyway, the goal of the project is made a short quest whitout the shield and that force you to go near the enemy for kill it whit the cane of byrna, but with the disadvantage of the fast consumption of the magic power, that will restore in few seconds after it is totally consumed.

I'm also thinking that other than bats the girl may use other scary animlas, like snakes, years ago i modify the Tiles of hookshot for make a stretching snake, i may recycle it.

i made half overworld map but after the holydays i had less time to work on it and lose a bit the will to do it, maybe i will continue when i will be in the right mood.

#18 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:01 PM

Jamian - now that I've thought about it more, people can still get around it by making a backup of their zc.sav file so it would never really work.

Yes, but if people want to cheat, they will cheat. You can use a memory editor to cheat in every locally hosted game (i.e. where your info such as current health, etc. is stored on your computer and not elsewhere on the internet). This, of course, includes any ZC quest. So as far as ZC is concerned you can take measures to make cheating more difficult, but if people are computer savvy and don't want to play the game the way it's meant to be played, you have no way to prevent that. In the past I have used memory editors to cheat in a few games, but it ultimately resulted in a boring and unrewarding experience. So, unless you have a cash prize or something for people who beat the game, I don't think it's that big a deal if people somehow find it more fun to cheat.

#19 bigjoe

bigjoe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:50 PM

I'd like to make a ZC quest that plays similarly to Aria of Sorrow, where the enemies yield their souls randomly and you can use their powers.

#20 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:55 PM

Jamian - this is true.  But backing up the save file is just too easy, too obvious and too well-known.  Might as well have an honour system where if the player dies you ask them to delete their save game if they agreed to hardcore mode then.

#21 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:14 PM

Jamian - this is true.  But backing up the save file is just too easy, too obvious and too well-known.  Might as well have an honour system where if the player dies you ask them to delete their save game if they agreed to hardcore mode then.

Blargh' Do that undertale thing you mean? where you do certain things which change the story maybe?

All i know is people will just get pissed  'They did all that work' and their data got deleted."

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 12 February 2019 - 10:15 PM.

• James24 likes this

#22 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:35 AM

So true skylizard girl.  No player is going to want their precious save file deleted if they can possibly work around it cheaply so its going to have to be up to the developer to delete the save file.  If it starts getting into memory hacking and such I don't think people will bother especially since there's a normal mode which allows the player to respawn infinitely already.

People might get pissed but for true hardcore mode to exist there has to be a huge and very real risk of going into combat otherwise the player can keep playing recklessly with their infinite lives.  Might have to put in a huge message before hand.  Warning: under no circumstances will a dead player be allowed to respawn in hardcore mode.  No matter how much you cry and protest.

#23 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:48 AM

So true skylizard girl.  No player is going to want their precious save file deleted if they can possibly work around it cheaply so its going to have to be up to the developer to delete the save file.  If it starts getting into memory hacking and such I don't think people will bother especially since there's a normal mode which allows the player to respawn infinitely already.

People might get pissed but for true hardcore mode to exist there has to be a huge and very real risk of going into combat otherwise the player can keep playing recklessly with their infinite lives.  Might have to put in a huge message before hand.  Warning: under no circumstances will a dead player be allowed to respawn in hardcore mode.  No matter how much you cry and protest.

Some kind of Player Name - maybe gets jinxed as one idea- idk if that would work, but  Links awakening did it calling Link 'Thief'

But a genocide type mode for that Zelda quest would be funny even though your file is basically ruined by 'choosing/doing the wrong thing.'

But it should be morals based. -Like if the Character is over sassy , and makes not just any random normal choices you do in the game.' Example is Like choose left instead of right. - is not moral based.

An example would be like;  - Help the girl or ignore her cries,  -would be a choice what you would do.    Save the man, let him stay tied up

longer.  etc.   - downfall would be he gets hunted and killed by staying tied up, the rope is bloody.

The girl's family is now crying in a town because she is dead,  and you ignored her cries etc.

Moral choices like that.'

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 13 February 2019 - 01:52 AM.

• Dark Ice Dragon likes this

#24 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:47 PM

Lizzie, The moral blackmail could work but not if too heavy, the awakened fate ultimatum.. i have still regrets now

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zeldaclassic, Quest Concepts, Zelda Classic, Quest ideas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users