Freeware programs

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 04 February 2006 - 02:37 AM

Ugh, I hate quicktime. I'm working on a freeware version of WIndows Media Player, which I call Revfan's Media Center (you think of a better name) It currently has no GUI, so everything is controlled through keyboard shortcuts.

In the latest version, beta 2, it can:

Play music from a CD
Play MP3 files
Play WAV files
Play MIDI files
Play WMA files
skip through songs on a CD
remotly open and close the CD door
play MPG files

There is no way (yet) to skip through parts of a song, but that will be coming soon.

Bugs:

Mouse lag
nothing else really, other than that it's bug free.

It actually produces better sound quality than WMP, but that will surely change when I start to add new features v_v

I can E-mail the file to anyone who wants it. It was done in GameMaker (cause I felt like doing it that way).

#32 Rakki

Rakki

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:06 AM

Heads up. Visiting Quick 'n Easy FTP Server now tries to scan your computer's registry. I don't think this is very safe, since the alert window had advertising or something like that in it. >_>; Also, GuildFTPD link doesn't work.

By the way, might we be able to add a list for free webspace providers? Or do we have that on here already and I'm missing something?

#33 Rakki

Rakki

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:24 PM

I'm sure the double post here is okay, since the last one was a good two weeks ago, but anyway, I think Mappy could be added, possibly under the Picture Editing utilities header. It's not exactly a picture editor, it's a tile mapper rather, but it makes it much easier to lay out tiles of certain sizes. I like using it to design mini maps for my dungeons. icon_razz.gif

#34 Deepfreeze

Deepfreeze

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 21 April 2006 - 10:53 PM

http://wiki.theopenc.../VersionHistory
http://www.theopencd.org/programs
programs featured on TheOpenCD, a compilation of free/open source programs.
They aren't all links, and some on the first page might be outdated, so have fun googling. Most of them are already on the list.

btw, Quintessential serves as a decent windoze media alternative, though I had some trouble streaming from Firefox (though I never use IE anymore, so it may or may not be firefox). I just use windoze media for streaming, or quicktime, but it can be tough to hunt for the location of the file you are playing (when you're listening to non-streaming media on a page) when the free Quicktime won't let you 'save as.'

Dandy list, by the way. icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Deepfreeze, 21 April 2006 - 10:57 PM.

#35 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 22 April 2006 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE(Rakki @ Mar 21 2006, 01:06 AM)
Heads up.  Visiting Quick 'n Easy FTP Server now tries to scan your computer's registry.  I don't think this is very safe, since the alert window had advertising or something like that in it.  >_>;  Also, GuildFTPD link doesn't work.

By the way, might we be able to add a list for free webspace providers?  Or do we have that on here already and I'm missing something?

View Post

Use FileZilla.

#36 pimplobster

pimplobster

• Members

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:48 AM

looking for a free avi=>mpg converter.... i'm currently using sc video converter, but it's about 50-50 whether or not it will actually convert my file...

#37 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:50 PM

looking for a free avi=>mpg converter

Windows Movie Maker... >_>

#38 Chain3

Chain3

Initiate

• Members

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:01 PM

thx zemious for rating my tiles ive added some back left jumps ok, thx

#39 Dethl

Dethl

@

• Members

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:10 PM

Chain3, do not spam topics. You could have just sent a simple PM to tell Zemious. That had nothing to do with the topic at hand (Freeware programs). Please read the forum rules, which are here.

#40 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 30 September 2007 - 11:38 PM

this is a really good pic editor I have been using it for some time

here is the link for image forge 3: http://www.goldmedal...Forge-3.41.html

#41 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:07 PM

Vista Inspirat is software that allows you to skin Windows XP to look like Vista.

Aero, anyone? http://www.vista-inspirat.net

Edited by TheMasterSwordsman, 12 November 2007 - 05:07 PM.

#42 Brandon1

Brandon1

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:32 PM

IMGBurn is very good, I use it a lot. Link

ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit!

It has several 'Modes', each one for performing a different task:

* Read - Read a disc to an image file
* Build - Create an image file from files on your computer or network - or you can write the files directly to a disc
* Write - Write an image file to a disc
* Verify - Check a disc is 100% readable. Optionally, you can also have ImgBurn compare it against a given image file to ensure the actual data is correct
* Discovery - Put your drive / media to the test! Used in combination with DVDInfoPro, you can check the quality of the burns your drive is producing

Edited by Brandon1, 03 January 2009 - 04:33 PM.

#43 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:03 PM

I wanted to add this since it has come in really handy where I work:

Malwarebytes
It's a really good programming for removing malware and things like that. icon_smile.gif

#44 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:13 PM

I use XFire to keep track of my gaming hours and IM some people I know around here (and in other places).

#45 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:32 PM

Guys, I just found an AWESOME Music Score editor, with an MIDI export feature. IMO, it's WAY better than Anvil Studio! Open source too! icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.musescore.org/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users