Why Not?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

Boredom spriting again. Here's the results.
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB Image

ZC Friendly Image (For the Palette)
IPB Image
I'll keep updating! The Moar You Know ☆彡!

#2 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:09 PM

I like it! Would love to see more. icon_smile.gif

#3 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:52 AM

A 16x16 Link sprite with LTTP animation?... Wow, I never expected to see that. Nice. icon_smile.gif

#4 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:14 AM

Love the animation, but is has the shading issues all of your other sprites does as well: they look too metallic. I think this is because you're using way more shades of colors than you really need to, and to top it off the shades are very similar, and lacking of contrast which gives it that metallic-look.

It is your style of course, but I just don't really like it at all. The animation is really spot-on though, kudos on that!

#5 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:25 PM

3 words.
TOO. FREAKING. ADORABLE.
You're amazing, dude. I would love to use these!!! *Dies*

#6 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:39 PM

very nice. metallic? not to me. not styles I prefer, but it is a quality hybrid that is quite well animated. looks like you could lose your player in a scene, though, as he's neither shiny nor bright. that could be fun to see in action. use it.

#7 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Oct 8 2011, 02:52 AM) View Post

A 16x16 Link sprite with LTTP animation?... Wow, I never expected to see that. Nice. icon_smile.gif

Thanks icon_smile.gif. Though with the now north-ward facing, it seems more MC to me.

QUOTE(Robin @ Oct 8 2011, 03:14 AM) View Post

Love the animation, but is has the shading issues all of your other sprites does as well: they look too metallic. I think this is because you're using way more shades of colors than you really need to, and to top it off the shades are very similar, and lacking of contrast which gives it that metallic-look.

It is your style of course, but I just don't really like it at all. The animation is really spot-on though, kudos on that!

Actually, I thought about this, and changed the number of greens from 3 to 4. In the sense that, it's two for the hat, and two for the tunic. Why? Two-tone LTTP Link style tunic changing icon_smile.gif.

QUOTE(Jared @ Oct 8 2011, 10:25 PM) View Post

3 words.
TOO. FREAKING. ADORABLE.
You're amazing, dude. I would love to use these!!! *Dies*

Thanks, and you're welcome to if you want you know icon_wink.gif.

QUOTE(trudatman @ Oct 8 2011, 10:39 PM) View Post

very nice. metallic? not to me. not styles I prefer, but it is a quality hybrid that is quite well animated. looks like you could lose your player in a scene, though, as he's neither shiny nor bright. that could be fun to see in action. use it.

I might, depends xD.

Refresh, and check the first post for the north-bound facing sprites. I think that hat flopping is as good as it's gonna get icon_sweat.gif.

#8 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

Woah...the up sprites look wonderful. I think the hat looks perfect! And I'm guessing this Link FINALLY isn't GB? icon_wink.gif Good.
And these would look wonderful in BS. I hope you finish all parts! Including the falling :3

#9 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:48 PM

Lol, don't hate on the GB Link 8D. Well, there it is, all directions are done. Now it's time for all of those poses. But everything looks smooth, no? Also, can someone tell me the number of frames in Zelda Classic for the following actions, when Z3 Animation is enabled?

-Pounding
-Jumping
-Charging
-Swimming/Diving

#10 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:55 PM

I like the side sprite, there's just something I don't like about his hair. It just looks...funny.
Charging also uses 9 frames, same as the original. Not sure about the rest.

#11 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:13 PM

Damn it, I saw the topic title and was expecting Wynaut tiles. Then I find out it's just a bunch of Link sprites. Damn you, Koh! IPB Image

But in all seriousness, these look pretty sweet, Koh. The animation's pretty smooth and I think you should complete and submit them. If I was still using ZC, I'd definitely use them for a quest. Well done. icon_smile.gif

#12 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:40 PM

awesome. where the hair meets the hat (in the back) on the sideview one... it needs a touchup there, I think. quite good.

#13 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:36 PM

How do I rip the palette? :3

#14 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Oct 9 2011, 02:13 PM) View Post

Damn it, I saw the topic title and was expecting Wynaut tiles. Then I find out it's just a bunch of Link sprites. Damn you, Koh! IPB Image

But in all seriousness, these look pretty sweet, Koh. The animation's pretty smooth and I think you should complete and submit them. If I was still using ZC, I'd definitely use them for a quest. Well done. icon_smile.gif

Lol, just like you made me think "Super Mario 3D Land" was a remake of the original GB game XD. Now we're even, icon_deformed.gif! Hopefully, my attention span lasts long enough for me to make a plethora of sprites icon_smile.gif.

QUOTE(trudatman @ Oct 9 2011, 02:40 PM) View Post

awesome. where the hair meets the hat (in the back) on the sideview one... it needs a touchup there, I think. quite good.

I wish I knew how to fix it icon_doh.gif!

QUOTE(Jared @ Oct 9 2011, 03:36 PM) View Post

How do I rip the palette? :3

More on that later; I'll rip them into ZC myself, then release that screenshot as a rippable source.

Now, do me a favor, and *refresh*, then check the first post. What do you think? The idea there was, to have a dynamic equipment screen. Where whatever you equip on A/B is shown on his character model xD.

#15 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:05 AM

Woah, that's beautiful, Koh!
His eyes look strange, though. Fix those icon_razz.gif The tunic and hat are a little short, too...
His boots are a little small, too. I really want these now @__@
They will look great in DoR!

Edited by Jared, 10 October 2011 - 02:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users