New Custom Link for ZC

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:50 AM

umm,I just realized what needed to be done: pound tiles, I'll do those lol, but another thing. You guys didn't tell me that I had the slashing shield tiles backwards XD, the shield should be in the back when he's facing left, not right X3.

Edited by dlbrooks34, 01 September 2008 - 11:51 AM.

#32 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:56 PM

hey guys, its meh again icon_wink.gif. I finished the pound tiles, AND THE MIRROR SHIELD SPRITES, now he's almost done for ZC. Once I finish the carrying sprites, and charging sprites, this is a done deal? (maybe lifting/pulling too?)

#33 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:44 PM

Dude, before double posing, you seriously need to use the EDIT button... A LOT, not to mention it's obvious you know the rules and are blatantly violating them. One more double post and I'm lockin' the topic.

In the future, wait 12 hours before you bump a topic, likely someone will notice it within that time frame and bump it for you. If they don't you DO have the opportunity to double post.

#34 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:45 PM

ok this one is a rather large update =). Carrying, pulling (did I forget left and right?), the shield pound tiles, tile edits, and more stuff. Enjoy =). BTW, if you download the .bmp file from the submission and you want these tiles right away, you should be able to rip these by using hte "R" technique icon_wink.gif.

#35 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:53 PM

Do you think you could make riding Epona tiles?

#36 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:10 PM

These have definately made it into my quest! icon_biggrin.gif But I a few things to ask if you could add-in. Would it be a problem if you added in swimming tiles, chargin sprites, and climbing sprites?

#37 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:01 PM

I would use these if only there would be swimming and slashing tiles... Because that custom Link is a nice mix of pure, GB link. icon_smile.gif

#38 Captain Magenta

Captain Magenta

Senior

• Members

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:17 AM

These are pretty nice and I like the colors used to render Link himself. The only thing that kind of jumps out at me that could be improved upon is that from the side the shield movement doesn't look natural. Think of the way your arm moves when you walk and imagine having a shield on it and you'd realize that the movement of the shield as perceived by someone else would look far different than that. I would say either try to duplicate the effect of the shield movement on the front and rear facing tiles from the side, or even better, try to design the sprite so that when the shield moves on the character's arm, it becomes angled as the character moves his arm back which would be more anatomically correct.

For example, the shield would be upright when holding the arm forward, but as it swings back during walking, the shield would angle downward in the direction of the forearm which would also be facing downward, but the shield would also raise up a little bit as a whole since the forearm would be a little higher at the peak of the rearward swing of the arm. The best way to do this for a visual reference, as goofy as it sounds, would be to say cut out a piece of paper to look like a shield and tape it to your arm in the way you would hold it if it were an actual shield, then walk in place in front of a mirror and study how the shield moves in relation to your body. Artists frequently do things like this in order to study human movement so it can be translated into gaming or CGI movie animations while maintaining a sense of physical accuracy. Then you can use that information to update the sprite to be that much more realistic.....

#39 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:21 AM

I think they need one more tile for Z3 animation... you really need to fix that.

#40 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 13 September 2008 - 02:11 PM

They look awesome, but the shield moves too much. Link needs to hold it out roughly in front of him in order to block projectiles, and also, there's no way you'd be able to move your arm that freely with a shield on unless you were only wearing a buckler.

That's all very easily remedied, though. icon_smile.gif Your shieldless sprites are The Sheet.

(Sorry, I know this post is going to be redundant because I didn't read the whole thread, but consider it another person who echoes the same opinion)

#41 TetriTek

TetriTek

Wizard

• Members

Posted 13 September 2008 - 05:09 PM

I think they look pretty good, I don't know If I would use them (considering I never use Zelda Classic, and if I do, I like custom things) but to be honest with you, your time was well spent, keep up the good work. icon_biggrin.gif

#42 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:24 PM

thanks guys =). And I know exactly what you mean about the shields, but I dunno if they would fit for the larger shields =/. But I'll leave that up to you guys and your quests. BTW Radien, the holding shield tiles are optional, I did throw the using shield tiles in there icon_wink.gif. Also, I updated the sheet with the following (getting more organized now, I'm almost 16 years old icon_wink.gif).

Updates
-Icon Tiles
-Using Ocarina/Whistle sprite
-Charge tiles (Animation: 1, 2, 3, 2, 1, 4, 5, 4, 1)
-Swimming Tiles (Animation: 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 2, 1, 3, 1)
-Tile edits

Edited by dlbrooks34, 15 September 2008 - 07:26 PM.

#43 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:41 PM

Isn't Z3 animation 8 tiles and not 7 because I can't get these tiles to walk properly.

#44 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:21 PM

Yeah, see thats the problem, the real Z-3 ani is 8 frames. In ZC, though, its 9 frames. My sheet shows 7 frames, but if you look at the frame ordering on pg. 1, you can make it 8. To make it 9 to fit ZC without glitches, take the 1st frame and copy it to the 9th frame.

#45 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:27 PM

...Why didn't you just order it like that to begin with? That would have got you two extra stars in the DB. icon_frown.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users