"Weird" Food Combinations You Like

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:57 PM

I was eating a hot dog, and I put sriracha, yellow mustard and mayonnaise on it. I don't remember when I started doing this, since I don't eat hot dogs very often, but this is so good to me. I was then thinking about how I've never heard of anyone putting mayonnaise on a hot dog, and I thought it sounded kind of weird to say out loud, so to speak. It might be a bit unconventional, but it got me thinking. What kind of 'weird' food combinations do you like?

• Magi_Hero, Shane, Cukeman and 1 other like this

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:24 PM

Mayonnaise and chili powder on corn on the cob. This is apparently a thing they do in Mexico, except they grill theirs so I'm sure it's better than this thing I whipped together. But I like it.

Also dipping fries in a Wendy's Frosty. Until the corn thing, this was as weird as I would get.

• Magi_Hero likes this

#3 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:50 PM

Mayonnaise and chili powder on corn on the cob. This is apparently a thing they do in Mexico, except they grill theirs so I'm sure it's better than this thing I whipped together. But I like it.

Also dipping fries in a Wendy's Frosty. Until the corn thing, this was as weird as I would get.

How could I forget mayo on corn on the cob? I tried it like that last summer, and it was pretty much a life changing experience. It sticks better than butter, and tastes a little better too. I will have to try it with chili powder next time. I actually ate a lot of corn this summer, as we had a lot of cook-outs. And, grilled is the way to go, but you can microwave sweet corn for about 3-5 minutes, and get pretty much the same results.

And I had the Wendy's Frosty thing in my post, but I took it out, cause I figured no one would know what I was talking about. :P Dipping chicken nuggets in Frosties is also pretty damn tasty. 

• Magi_Hero likes this

#4 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:53 AM

I always liked ketchup on macaroni (and certain other creamy pastas). To be perfectly honest though, that's not weird at all. What do you get if you take the meat out of a cheeseburger? Macaroni with ketchup. (Bun:Pasta, Cheese:Cheese, Ketchup:Ketchup) What do you get if you add cheese to french fries? Macaroni with ketchup. (Fries:Pasta, Cheese:Cheese, Ketchup:Ketchup) Cheese on spaghetti? Macaroni and ketchup. Heck even pizza is a grain product + a cheese product + a tomato product. We all eat variations of ketchup on macaroni all the time.

A slice of cheddar cheese goes great on top of a fresh banana. I like dipping breakfast sausages or bacon in maple syrup, I like dipping pizza crust in soda, and everyone likes pineapple on pizza  :eng101:

My favorite way to eat a hot dog is to toast the hot dog with a slice of swiss cheese and pepperoni on it.

• Magi_Hero, Anthus and Jared like this

#5 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:26 AM

Not a fan of mustard and the thought of eating hot dogs or mayonnaise makes me want to throw up. Let's just put everything together, I am sure in combination it will become heavenly XP

I love bread with cheese, marmalade, a bit of pepper and a salad leaf also isn't wrong. I don't know anyone else who likes this here, but I suppose in the US it isn't weird at all.
  • Magi_Hero and Anthus like this

#6 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:05 AM

I do like to sometimes melt cheddar on a slice of bread with a sprinkle of cinnamon on it. A bread with peanut butter and honey on it is a great snack. English muffins toasted with butter, cinnamon and honey is a fave (but I don't consider that odd).

• Magi_Hero likes this

#7 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:08 AM

Not something I liked, but the weirdest food combination I had was a Pizza with crust that had hotdog inside. I thought vegemite and cheese would be a weird combination for a sandwich but apparently it's common, so nevermind that lol.

• Magi_Hero, Anthus, Jared and 1 other like this

#8 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:14 AM

Something I discovered recently is taking a slice of pizza and putting fresh guacamole on top. Mmmmm, it's amazing. But then avocados in general are amazing (except the large Florida avocados, those are gross).

I don't know if this counts as weird, but I like to make an extravagant tuna salad sandwich. In addition to the tuna and mayo I use cabbage, onion, cucumber, relish, olives, avocado and cheese.

EDIT: Yam on ham is really good (as is cranberry sauce).

Edited by Cukeman, 22 October 2017 - 03:34 AM.

• Magi_Hero likes this

#9 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:44 AM

My standardised sandwich had turned into Wholemeal bread with honey, cheese (normally edam or gouda, cos they're the cheapest), and hot sauce. It was just whatever was left in the kitchen on too many occasions, and now it's just what I eat.

I'll sometimes add cucumber to the mix as well, for a more 'healthy' sandwich.

• Magi_Hero and Anthus like this

#10 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:08 AM

I am not sure how unusual this is, but I like to add sliced banana peppers to my salad.

• Magi_Hero and Cukeman like this

#11 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:48 PM

I am not sure how unusual this is, but I like to add sliced banana peppers to my salad.

They have that in several restaurant salads, fortunately for us

• Magi_Hero and Nathaniel like this

#12 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:57 AM

banana peppers

That sounds weird enough no matter what you add it to.

• Magi_Hero and Adem like this

#13 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:22 AM

Macaroni & Cheese box mix with some frozen spinach in it. It actually mixes in very well! (Speaking of Macaroni, I like to use half the recommended butter and instead substitute about 3/5 of a cup of cheddar cheese.)

A can of refried beans with chopped up hot dogs mixed in (and some cheese).

Drinking milk alongside almost any food, I guess?

Do anchovies on pizza count? : )

I'm not very exciting.

Banana peppers have very little to do with bananas, they're basically a mild spicy pepper (not nearly as strong as jalapenos, which aren't nearly as strong as habaneros, which is where you start getting into the super spicy stuff). The place I used to work at that shall not be named (out of spite) offers them as a condiment for sandwiches along other vegetables, so having them on a salad probably isn't weird per se, but it's slightly adventurous.

Speaking of which, banana peppers and jalapenos can be good with meat on sandwiches in small quantities, and good on pizzas in small quantities (but only if you're already used to pizza and are looking to mix it up, in my opinion). The same applies to spicy brown mustard, except I've never tried that on a pizza... that might be weird..Doesn't sound awful, just non-complementary maybe.

Edited by Mitsukara, 27 October 2017 - 08:23 AM.

• Magi_Hero and Jared like this

#14 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:20 PM

Avocado and coffee are quite good together, especially in smoothie or ice cream form.
  • Magi_Hero and Adem like this

#15 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

As a child, I used to eat bologna sandwiches with ketchup. To this day, I'll still have one from time to time. To me, it's tasty and sorta nostalgic. All of my friends think this is absurd, but to me it's no different than putting ketchup on a hotdog. :P

Before I found out I was lactose intolerant, I used to always dip fries in my Frosty as well. RIP the dream.

Edited by Adem, 27 October 2017 - 03:26 PM.

• Magi_Hero and Cukeman like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users