Beach scene?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:21 PM

So. You guys remember in Link's Awakening, when you had to get Marin to follow you, there was that scene at the beach with her and she told Link all this stuff about stuff beyond the ocean, and stuff about the Wind Fish, and stuff like that and stuff?

Well I'm up to doing that part in IoD. Since the basic goal of this project is to overhaul the graphics, the original beach scene from LADX isn't going to cut it. Now I have found a very good candidate for a replacement, but I'm not sure how exactly to set it up. Specifically, I don't understand the left side of the sheet. can anyone help me with that? http://spriters-reso.../toe/sheet/4738

If anyone knows of any other beach scenes from games like that that could possibly be of use to me, they would be greatly appreciated as well. icon_smile.gif

#2 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:11 PM

*Bump*

I really need help with this, guys. icon_frown.gif I really can't make any sense of the left side of this sheet, and I really want to have that segment done by the expo. There's gotta be someone who can help.

#3 TheRocaN64

TheRocaN64

• Members

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:13 AM

...well one way I can think of doing this scene is put the tiles in the appropriate place on the screen on layer 3 or 4 (over link) then have the string set up in that screen. It sounds generic, but that's the only way I can think of...this takes some practice 'cause most experts (people that know zquest inside and out) do that and set link in a small runway where when pressing the button on the screen goes to a tile warp to the next scene. It looks great when playing, and is easy to make if you know how warp tiles work (which it is very confusing at first). There's a tutorial quest on layers that you can see how to do warps by studying it on zquest. That's how I learned how to do them.

Hope that helps. TheRocaN64, out.

p.s.) PersonalMessage me if you have any more questions. As for the set up, I've never had that kind of prob. Can anyone else help?

Edited by TheRocaN64, 04 November 2009 - 09:15 AM.

#4 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE(Beta Link @ Nov 3 2009, 10:11 PM) View Post

*Bump*

I really need help with this, guys. icon_frown.gif I really can't make any sense of the left side of this sheet, and I really want to have that segment done by the expo. There's gotta be someone who can help.

The right side of the tile sheet is the animation for the waves, and the left side is the beach sand. The top of that would likely be the wave effect you would layer over the beach sand. Kinda like an FCC combo? icon_shrug.gif

#5 Banjo7J

Banjo7J

Defender

• Members

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(TheRocaN64 @ Nov 4 2009, 02:13 PM) View Post

...well one way I can think of doing this scene is put the tiles in the appropriate place on the screen on layer 3 or 4 (over link) then have the string set up in that screen. It sounds generic, but that's the only way I can think of...this takes some practice 'cause most experts (people that know zquest inside and out) do that and set link in a small runway where when pressing the button on the screen goes to a tile warp to the next scene. It looks great when playing, and is easy to make if you know how warp tiles work (which it is very confusing at first). There's a tutorial quest on layers that you can see how to do warps by studying it on zquest. That's how I learned how to do them.

Hope that helps. TheRocaN64, out.

p.s.) PersonalMessage me if you have any more questions. As for the set up, I've never had that kind of prob. Can anyone else help?

He just didn't understand the tile sheet he had, he knows how to make a cutscene. And even at that, you don't need layers. You can just click "Invisible Link" in Screen Data.

Edited by Banjo7J, 04 November 2009 - 03:27 PM.

#6 TheRocaN64

TheRocaN64

• Members

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE [He just didn't understand the tile sheet he had, he knows how to make a cutscene. And even at that, you don't need layers. You can just click "Invisible Link" in Screen Data.]

...cool icon_cool.gif i'll try that.

TheRocan64, OUT! (P.S.-KIRBY RULZ!)

Edited by TheRocaN64, 05 November 2009 - 09:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users