Photo

Screenshot of the Week 283

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 283 (62 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Alex-Link

Alex-Link

Alex-Link

• Members

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:28 PM

Awesome screenshots this time, but Sheik's takes my vote once again! icon_wink.gif

#32 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:00 PM

Moo2wo - 7/10
While not the most interesting screenshot there is, it's certainly very well put together and thus a complete setting.

Mr. Pimpy - 6/10
I do like the whole shades of one color phenomenon and how link stands out from the rest of it, but the kind of symmetrical design here is ironically what I find distracting. There has to be a better floor choice for this.

Sheik - 7/10
Another well put together screen. I love the choice of water. I am not sure if the narrow beach was intentional or not, so I am not sure what to say about that overall. The windmill-like palm trees are certainly an interesting touch.

Gleeok - 6/10
Another radical move by Gleeok! What is great about your shots is how you are always trying to do something not seen before. Interesting third person perspective, but I can't say I would vote for it.

XxGamasterxX - 6/10
Not the most interesting screen, but it looks pretty good for a boxy graphics selection. Perhaps some more grass details will help spice it up more, replacing the plain green squares.

Migokalle - 8/10
I voted for this screenshot primary for its great success at doing something risky: Transition from one terrain to another. I really like how you did the border between grassland and a snowy area, while at the same time bringing elevation and a central focual point that defines the screen's main purpose. All of that together and it doesn't look too crowded. Very integral indeed.

Furion - 8/10
Easily my second favorite screen of the bunch. This has to be one of the best looking metriodish screens I have seen. The coloring is fantastic, and the air to water transition is also among the best I have seen in a sidescroller.

Yoshidude - 6/10
Design and details look okay to me. The screen looks pretty complete, although not that interesting. The stairs look a bit off, as the top two posts should extend a little beyond the edge of the ledge rather than look like they stop a bit short of it. I never liked those wood gates up against a cliff either, as I have seen that done too many times.

ZeeLiam - 6/10
A decent classicish shot. Good usage of ground details for a limited set. The gray mountains seem like a wise choice here.

With this many shots after a delay from the previous SotW, it almost deserves two winners at least for the sake of entering the next screenshot of the month, but that isn't my call to make.

#33 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:17 PM

While all the shots in here are fantastic, I was instantly attracted to Furion's Metroid screen.

And when I say fantastic, I mean it. This is a sure contender for best SOTW ever, at least in my opinion.

#34 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:47 PM

Wow, there are some pretty sweet screens this week! I almost went with Migo's shot, but ultimately went with ZeeLiam's. I haven't seen a really good Classic* screen in a while. icon_smile.gif

* - This excludes heavily revamped versions of the Classic set.

#35 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:00 PM

Moo2wo - 2 votes = [3.77%]
Mr. Pimpy - 3 votes = [5.66%]
Sheik - 9 votes = [16.98%]
Gleeok - 4 votes = [7.55%]
XxGamasterxX - 0 votes = [0.00%]
Migokalle - 14 votes = [26.42%]
Furion - 9 votes = [16.98%]
Yoshidude - 4 votes = [7.55%]
ZeeLiam - 8 votes = [15.09%]
Total Votes: 55

Migokalle
IPB Image
Using the fire arrows to hit the red switch. What will it do?!

Migokalle wins in one of the biggest competitions we've had so far! Congratulations to him, and good luck to his shot in the monthly contest!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users