September 13, 2018 Nintendo Direct

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:33 PM

After a week delay, the Nintendo Direct finally happened....First, Here's what was revealed:

-Luigi's Mansion 3 in development for Switch. Coming next year.

-Kirby's Epic Yarn coming to 3DS with all stages of the Wii game as well as new abilities and modes that let you play as King Dedede and Meta Knight. Due out next year.

-Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story remake due out January 11th, 2019.

-Luigi's Mansion for 3DS has 2-Player Co-Op and amiibo support. Due out Oct. 12, 2018.

-Splatoon 2 getting Version 4.0.

-Mario Tennis Aces getting new characters and new features like a Co-Op Challenge Mode from now until June.

-A Capcom Collection of Beat-Em-Up games like Final Fight coming out on Tuesday.

-New Super Mario Bros. U getting the Deluxe treatment. Contains New Super Mario Bros. U & New Super Luigi U as well as playable Nabbit and Toadette. Due out January 11th, 2019.

-Katamari Damacy coming to Switch.

-Switch Online stuff.

-NES Style Controllers revealed. Will cost $60.

-Game Freak is working on a new RPG called....Town. Currently a working title.

-City Skylines is coming to Switch.

-Yoshi's Crafted World is coming to Switch in Spring 2019.

-Asmodee brings Tabletop Gaming like Munchkin, Catan, and a couple of other games to Switch.

-Civilization VI coming to Switch November 16th.

-Several other Switch games like Warframe, Just Dance, & Team Sonic Racing were shown.

-A whole bunch of Final Fantasy games revealed for Switch like Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered, Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition, World of Final Fantasy Maxima, Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy, Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age, & a few more Final Fantasy Re-Releases like Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IX, and Final Fantasy X & X-2 Remastered.

-Smash Bros. Ultimate Switch Bundle confirmed.

Speaking of Smash Bros. Ultimate, the new character is....Isabelle from Animal Crossing.

Oh, and Animal Crossing is in development for Switch.

That was it.

EDIT: Oh, and a couple of Yokai Watch games were revealed for 3DS.

Thoughts: Well, at least I'm saving money and can keep focusing on playing through the Switch games I already have.

Edited by KEM64, 14 September 2018 - 03:36 PM.

• Jared likes this

#17 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:40 PM

Honestly I thought it was interesting overall. You can't keep setting up expectations for every Direct, expecting the next one to top the previous, because you'll just end up disappointed that way. Sure, there are always going to be games you don't care about (there were quite a few in there), but a lot of the content was interesting to me. I don't see why NSMBU needed a Switch port, but stuff like Katamari, the Final Fantasy games, Luigi's Mansion 3, all of that is interesting to me. This is stuff I'd buy. This is stuff I'd play. That, and...

... and somehow, it became the most disappointing Direct so far this year.

... clearly you're not an Animal Crossing fan.

#18 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:23 PM

Honestly I thought it was interesting overall. You can't keep setting up expectations for every Direct, expecting the next one to top the previous, because you'll just end up disappointed that way. Sure, there are always going to be games you don't care about (there were quite a few in there), but a lot of the content was interesting to me. I don't see why NSMBU needed a Switch port, but stuff like Katamari, the Final Fantasy games, Luigi's Mansion 3, all of that is interesting to me. This is stuff I'd buy. This is stuff I'd play. That, and...

... clearly you're not an Animal Crossing fan.

I didn't really have high expectations (Wasn't expecting like 5 characters for Smash like last month's Direct. Only maybe 1 or 2 depending if they were a unique character reveal only or unique character and Echo Fighter reveal), but I always check out Directs to see if there will be a nice surprise or two in the games that were shown (It's hard not to get hyped when a Direct is announced since you never know what Nintendo is going to reveal. It could have you excited, or disappointed).

Probably the one thing that surprised me was Final Fantasy VII finally coming to a Nintendo system when it comes to the Switch next year. Heck, Late 2018-2019 might as well be Final Fantasy year for the Switch.

Edited by KEM64, 13 September 2018 - 08:33 PM.

#19 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:25 AM

Luigi's Mansion 3 looked pretty neat. Hopefully it is more like the original than the sequel as I really didn't like Dark Moon's style. Something about the episode setup took away from the formula the original did so well.

Isabelle in Smash looks pretty unique. Like a variation to Villager but not an Echo. If you don't like her, she should be a fine punching bag at least. (I use her a lot in MK8 for some odd reason so I'm neutral on her as a character.)

Beyond that, pretty meh. Less ports and more sequels would've been nice, It would make me probably get a Switch at some point. NSMBU really didn't need a port. Also, no Metroid Prime 4 info? Dang.

#20 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:43 AM

Very nice. Good to see Luigi shine in more games.

-Luigi's Mansion for 3DS has 2-Player Co-Op and amiibo support. Due out Oct. 12, 2018.

Ugh, stuck with using a Slide Pad like the sequel instead of an analog stick.

-Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story remake due out January 11th, 2019.

I'm interested... but also find it really weird that it's taking so long to make the port. Ports are usually 6 month affairs with lots and lots of bugs left over.

-New Super Mario Bros. U getting the Deluxe treatment. Contains New Super Mario Bros. U & New Super Luigi U as well as playable Nabbit and Toadette. Due out January 11th, 2019.

Sounds okayish, I've been interested in the Luigi game but can never find a retail copy of it. I expect it to cost $70 AUD which is terrible.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 14 September 2018 - 02:45 AM.

#21 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:46 AM

I'm one of the few who actually wanted Isabelle in Smash so I'm pretty happy. I was expecting an echo fighter, though, so I got even better.

The only other things that really interested me were the announcements of a new Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 3. I wish we got a release date for the Yoshi game.

Also can I just say? New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe is the worst name for a video game.

#22 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:28 PM

-I was confused at first over Luigi's Mansion 3 because I thought at first it was the 3DS port of the first game until I started to notice areas that weren't in the original game (and the game looked too good to be on 3DS).

-Super Mario Party looks like it might get the Mario Party series back to what it was (I wonder how many boards it will have).

-Animal Crossing fans can look forward to a new installment of Animal Crossing as well as Isabelle in Smash. Good for those who like Animal Crossing.

-Almost seem interested in getting the 3DS port of Kirby's Epic Yarn.

-A lot of Final Fantasy games coming to Switch, yet they forgot about Final Fantasy VIII.

Some bad news I found out though:

-Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remaster is going to be a digital-only game for North America and probably Europe.

-Planning on getting a Nintendo Online subscription and using Cloud Saves? Better not let your subscription end or else you will say good-bye to your cloud saves. I also read that the NES games for Nintendo Switch's online service will only function for up to 7 days without an internet connection.

Edited by KEM64, 14 September 2018 - 04:02 PM.

#23 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:07 AM

I'm not an avid fan of these games, but I think it's good they are doing a sequel. Mario Sunshine remaster when?

And this will finally give me a chance to play both games. It's the only main Mario game I haven't played. In spite of the general disdain for the "New" series as it went on, I'm looking forward to this simply cause I haven't played either of them yet.

-Switch Online stuff.

20$ a year isn't that bad, I guess. The only real thing I don't like about their paid model is, you have to pay to play games online with people. But whatever, that's the world we live in. >.>

-City Skylines is coming to Switch.

I might try this. I liked Sim City on the SNES, so maybe this will be a good time waster? Like I need more of those

-A whole bunch of Final Fantasy games revealed for Switch like Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered, Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition, World of Final Fantasy Maxima, Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy, Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age, & a few more Final Fantasy Re-Releases like Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IX, and Final Fantasy X & X-2 Remastered.

This is also cool. I think it is weird they were kind of like "Yeah, fuck FF8, but here's all these others" but I'll take it. I didn't like 8 that much anyway, but 7 and 9 might be worth revisiting, and it's nice to have that mobile option. And, 10 might also be worth re-playing. I never beat it, but I did enjoy what I played. I might actually finish it now.

#24 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:51 AM

I'm one of the few who actually wanted Isabelle in Smash so I'm pretty happy. I was expecting an echo fighter, though, so I got even better.

The only other things that really interested me were the announcements of a new Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 3. I wish we got a release date for the Yoshi game.

Same, and same.  God, Luigi's Mansion 3 looks great so far.  I fuckin' love the fact that it takes place in a hotel, that's a cool ass setting.  Also I wasn't impressed by the Yoshi game back when it was first announced, but it looks great now.  I'm genuinely super interested in it.

As for the rest of my thoughts, AHHHHHHHHHH ANIMAL CROSSING AHHHHHHHHHHH ISABELLE!!!!!!!  SHE'S SO ADORABLE AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!  NEW ANIMAL CROSSING AHHHHHHHHHHH

Great direct; it was a lotta fun.  The Switch ports will also probably be my first time playing Katamari Damacy (no, I've still never played it!) and New Super Mario Bros. U., too, as a plus.

• Anthus and Jenny like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users