Photo

Screenshot of the Week 356

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 356 (53 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

Octorockoncrack
IPB Image
The Life Grove no longer resembles the sanctuary it once was...

Franky
IPB Image
Factory of death I say!

SpacemanDan
IPB Image
Though not related to the Derpfish, the Derpboar may be friends or something.

Jared
IPB Image
Eeeeek!!!

Angeal
IPB Image
"I wonder what's across the way." ~Link

#2 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

TO MUCH BEAUTY! It's hard to choose...

I went with SpacemanDan because I love the RPG style graphics it has. Captured the general RPG feel very well.

Very nice everyone else icon_smile.gif

#3 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:10 PM

Octorockoncrack: If I had not entered this week, my vote would have went here, The atmosphere and feel are just great! It seems so dark and eerie. The chains are a nice touch, though I would suggest adding some shadows somewhere to make it seem more like they're hanging. (Though with the darker look you've got going, I imagine it may be a little tricky to achieve. Maybe. I'm not entirely sure) Nice work!

Franky: Interesting, but I feel there's a little too much clashing with Link and some of the decor (mostly the GB stuff). Especially the torches; if it's a high tech area, I would suggest blinking lights or something to that effect. But I like the idea and the design I'd say is okay.

SpacemanDan: The Derpboar isn't an actual enemy in the quest (well, it might be if I decide on it, but most likely not), nor are the spiders. This is more or less just testing stuff and seeing if the sprites fit okay, as well as seeing if the stacking of the leafy layer thing on the left is a good idea or not. Also, I just caught a tile error. icon_doh.gif

Jared: Nice work here, but I feel there's a little too much green. What I would suggest doing is trying to make the floor colour different from the walls. It may sound small, but I find it can make a big difference. Also, I would suggest some layering to make the sand...well...sand coloured. If you lay it down on layer 0 with the normal sand colours, then layer the bricks over top, I think it could look pretty nice. icon_smile.gif

Angeal: Very pleasing to the eye. Simple, but well done. I can't really say much on the matter; it's a solid screen. My only suggestion would be maybe reduce the number of bushes by the shop; it seems a little odd seeing so many together. But that's probably just me. icon_wink.gif

Nice work everyone! icon_biggrin.gif

#4 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

I voted for SpacemanDan. Why do I like it? "That's Classified." icon_wink.gif

#5 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

Voted for Jared. For some reason I find the monochrome appealing, though unless there was a reason for it I wouldn't put it in a quest (ha, like SOTW entries are ever from quests XD )

#6 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:03 AM

Wow Franky that's an awesome techno-dungeon shot! voted.
I also thought Jared's dungeon looked great!

#7 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Feb 5 2012, 10:31 PM) View Post
(ha, like SOTW entries are ever from quests XD )

icon_glare.gif ... icon_lol.gif

Franky: I like the steel factory tiles here, but I think the walls could be made a little darker to match with the floor tiles better. I also like the little Ganon head at the top of the door.

SpacemanDan: While I can't really make any comments towards the Derpboar, I think the tiles and palette go together quite nicely. I think the leaf layer that you were trying out looks pretty cool as well. icon_thumbsup.gif

Jared: Now this is pretty sweet. I really like the color scheme you got goin' on here. While it may not be the most thrilling screen out there, it is still very nice nonetheless.

Angeal: I always loved how that transparent water looks. You laid out the vegatation quite nicely, but it could use a couple less bushes. Also, you've got a little overlap on your subscreen with the rupee counter. Like all the other screens here, it looks intruiging and fun to play! icon_wink.gif

I'm at a loss trying to figure out which one I like the most. They're all so well done!

#8 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE(Octorockoncrack @ Feb 6 2012, 02:46 AM) View Post
Angeal: I always loved how that transparent water looks. You laid out the vegatation quite nicely, but it could use a couple less bushes. Also, you've got a little overlap on your subscreen with the rupee counter. Like all the other screens here, it looks intruiging and fun to play! icon_wink.gif
Yeah, that was the first time I had changed anything up with the subscreen, and didn't end up giving it enough room. The subscreen hud isn't going to be like that in the end though, as there are a lot of things I would like to do to it.

#9 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:53 AM

icon_smile.gif

Voted for Angeal this round. Nice screen icon_smile.gif

#10 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

Not super-impressed with any of these, to be frank, but I'll give Jared the vote for making a highly-detailed, yet well-designed screen.

#11 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

lol, just look at the poll right now. It's a staircase.

#12 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

That's insanely epic. icon_biggrin.gif
...I have no idea why I got as many votes as I did.

Edited by Jared, 06 February 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#13 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

I voted for Angeal. It's clean and looks good. Can't say I really care for any of the other shots, though. icon_unsettled.gif

#14 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

Voted for Angeal, only because I know where the inspiration for that screenshot came from! XD

#15 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:16 AM

Not everyone takes inspiration from you DFW, such arrogance...

I did vote for Angeal. It looks functional and clean, but also very pleasing. Nothing too fancy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users