Photo

SotW 200 -- Crystal!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote for your favorite screenshot! (65 member(s) have cast votes)

SotW 200 -- Crystal

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:58 AM

Now...
Thing is, CC, is that I wanted to win... and... I wouldn't have won with that shot... there was far too many people that didn't like it... And this shot... I really like it... so I went with it...
Here's my thoughts:

Majora: I like... I really do.... Noting bad to say about it.

Octoroconcrack: that screen is on crack... a bad crack, may I add... it sucks... WTF where you thinking? That is bad... sorry, but it really is... and I think people will agree...

Russ: That screen is too empty and boring. Add some details, more trees and flowers... and dude, make a new palette...

Shoelace: I love tha fact that you used SD3 grass too... Most of the tiles are awesome... and it really shows... especially the water... Is it custom? Wanna submit it? icon_razz.gif Anyways, not to make everyone angry at me... but I think the screen is a little too square. First, the mountains are placed too square,which makes the screen a little boring... yes, it's easier to place a bridge there when the mountain isn't all curved up, but you can do it with a little more effort. The two top trees is also placed right next to eachothers... sure, sometimes, you ''have'' to do it... but you could have placed one of them a tile longer down, couldn't you? Also, the flowers placed directly under the trees, is a little close to eachother. It looks like you ''had'' to put em there... which doesen't look very natural... Apart from this, this shot is purly awesome work... in terms of tiles... I know you can do better than this Shoe! The screen works, yes... and I don't hate it... I like it... but it can always be better... same with my shot.

ThunderSpeed: That shot is way to repetive and square. You didnt' block the corners, which looks... corny icon_razz.gif
The house colors also looks dumb an weird... this screen doesen't do it for me... sorry...

Now... the reason Shoelace got so many comments, is that I had so many things to comment on. His shot is one of the best this week... but I've seen much better from him. Just telling you, so people won't go all ''AHAHASF Shoelace fanboy! You only comment on him! idthsg''
icon_razz.gif

Now... for mine... This will probably be the last SotW in that forest from me... I know you're all tired of seeing that palette... but bear with me and vote for screendesign... not for repetivness of earlier SotW...
Not saying you have to vote for me icon_razz.gif
Just saying that you should say that it's bad because you've seen somthing like it before... that is just lame... icon_razz.gif

#17 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:33 AM

Shoelace: I love tha fact that you used SD3 grass too... Most of the tiles are awesome... and it really shows... especially the water... Is it custom? Wanna submit it? icon_razz.gif Anyways, not to make everyone angry at me... but I think the screen is a little too square. First, the mountains are placed too square,which makes the screen a little boring... yes, it's easier to place a bridge there when the mountain isn't all curved up, but you can do it with a little more effort. The two top trees is also placed right next to eachothers... sure, sometimes, you ''have'' to do it... but you could have placed one of them a tile longer down, couldn't you? Also, the flowers placed directly under the trees, is a little close to eachother. It looks like you ''had'' to put em there... which doesen't look very natural... Apart from this, this shot is purly awesome work... in terms of tiles... I know you can do better than this Shoe! The screen works, yes... and I don't hate it... I like it... but it can always be better... same with my shot.

Thanks for the comment. I do agree that the screen is a little square, and usually I do avoid that, but it fits my village. It is actually one of the only screens that I do that in. lol. If you look at a screen of the village at a whole, you will probably say, holy crap, that is the best village I have ever seen. Every thing just fits it so well together. I am really in love with it. I know, I can't back that up unless I show it, and I won't do that as that is just the way I am. lol. So yeah, this screen most likely won't change as it is very important structure as it is the tallest hill in the village.

Oh and about the flowers. lol, look at my other screens. I never have flowers next to each other. It is actually a there by design. The monkey's planted the flowers in a row right there as that is the bench to sit and relax. icon_razz.gif But thanks for saying that as that is a peeve of mine to when flowers are too close. That makes me know that you are awesome at design. icon_razz.gif

#18 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:20 AM

Migokalle's shot is more perfect in design to me than Shoelace's is, my vote goes to Amigo. Here's hoping he wins. There is something more stale in the shot that Shoelace entered, yet I can't put my finger on it, but it prevented me from voting for him.

#19 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:00 PM

Majora - 7/10
Then call me a communist. icon_razz.gif
The best thing about this screenshot is the creativity behind it. It is unique, risky, and definitely among the better of sidescrolling screens I have seen. For some reason it actually makes me think of Megaman. While it can look more appealing, I like where you are going with this.

Migokalle - 7/10
Once again, excellent choice of tiles and good design for the most part. I will admit however that the bridge area does look a little awkward. Either a slightly wider stream with thus a slightly longer bridge (4 in length instead of 3 perhaps) or a different look for the underwater area around the bridge could help impove that look. But other than that, pretty good.

octorockoncrack - 3/10
The screen looks very simple. More detail and a greater variety of tiles being used are the first things to consider. I am not completely sure what it is supposed to be other than the fact that it's raining and there are clouds and what looks like rock and maybe water. I can't describe much else about it.

russadwan - 6/10
Great tileset choice, but the design looks just okay to me. Perhaps more can be done with the ground and the water, and design the cliffs to look a bit more rugged in shape (unless they are that way on purpose).

Shoelace - 7/10
Very good detail and design. I love the water especially. With respect to nature, there is a lot going on with this screen.

ThunderSpeed - 6/10
Decent. The overall detail could definitely be better though. I am not a fan of single file trees (being used mainly as a wall, most likely), and I am not sure why a pile of lumber would act as a replacement for fences. They would look better being in front of fences being put in the same spot, considering what the role of those fences most likely are.

My tie breaking vote goes to Shoelace for its great amount of detail.

#20 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:20 PM

Voted for Majora. Cave Story GFX have that effect on me.
If Majora's screen was not there, I would have gone with Shoelace's.

#21 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:29 PM

Majora, Shoelace must be Communist, cuz I voted for him. icon_glare.gif

#22 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:16 AM

I forgot to submit something for this SotW. Oh well. Migo got my vote. The colors pull me into it the most.

#23 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE(Nathaniel @ Mar 3 2008, 02:00 PM) View Post

<big post here>
My tie breaking vote goes to Shoelace for its great amount of detail.
I agree almost completely with Nathaniel. Shoelace nabs mine as well.

#24 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:41 PM

Congratulations to Shoelace for winning SotW 200 : Crystal Version. He must finish the Diamond version next in order to be the winner overall of SotW 200.. and a Pokemon champion. icon_razz.gif

#25 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:51 PM

Congrats, Shoelace.

#26 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:54 PM

Congrats, my friend who wears a sombrero and does the Startropics dance. Now just beat Diamond, and become a Pokemon Mast- *shot by /M/*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users