Link's Rise DX

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 Mr.ReDead

Mr.ReDead

Mr.ReDead

• Members

Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:20 PM

The actual arrow item is needed. I allowed the player to carry 10 arrows at a time so they could get a chance to grab the quiver in Level 3. Look for a push block in a room with a Pols Voice, a Tribble Zol, a level 2 Stalfos and 3 Keese.

#17 erichoff

erichoff

• Members

Posted 19 February 2019 - 03:23 PM

I'm trapped in waterfall cave. Apparently I reset the game and when I continued I was spawned on top of a wall. I can go up or left but that puts me in a black void area. Is there a way to get me out of this without having to start all over again?

#18 Mr.ReDead

Mr.ReDead

Mr.ReDead

• Members

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:16 PM

The only thing I can think of is that its a tile warp B bug. It would require a hotfix to fix the continue here thing. I didnt modify the cheats in the game so they should still be the default ones if that helps. I dont know them because I dont use them.

The other thing is that ZC likes to screw up the continue points based on what entrance you came through coming into the different dmap. So yes, I will likely have to put another hotfix and a warning to not continue warp in caves soon.

#19 erichoff

erichoff

• Members

Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:10 PM

If you don't mind, I don't know what the default cheats are. Can you PM them to me?

#20 Mr.ReDead

Mr.ReDead

Mr.ReDead

• Members

Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:14 PM

If you don't mind, I don't know what the default cheats are. Can you PM them to me?

I dont know them. Ill see about finding what they are though.

#21 soxfan2k4

soxfan2k4

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:55 AM

I think I found level 4, but cant find a key to enter the warp to access it.  The warp would be in H7.  If I'm correct, it's on a screen directly to the east of a heart piece, and it's surrounded by green stone (G6 according to my map).  There's a warp point just south of the entrance, and two red darknuts on the other side.  Just cant figure out how to get in there

On the other hand, I did find level 5, and it's going to give me vertigo when I eventually get there LOL

Edited by soxfan2k4, 20 February 2019 - 06:02 AM.

#22 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:32 AM

The only thing I can think of is that its a tile warp B bug. It would require a hotfix to fix the continue here thing.

All screens with a continue point will continue at warp return A. If your entry uses warp return B, it won't register with the continue function - only the tile warp function.

All screens actually have warp returns A-D placed at 0,0 - ZQuest just doesn't show the blue square until you move it to another location. If people are starting in the upper-left corner of your screen, you just need to move warp return A to the place you want them to start.

For reference, the continue system works like this: if you leave a DMap as level 0 and check the "Continue Here" box, you'll always start at the screen listed in the "Continue" field. However, if you assign a DMap a level of 1 or greater, you'll always start at the last used entry warp regardless of the screen listed in the "Continue" field. If you don't have "Continue Here" checked, you'll start at the last used DMap with a "Continue Here" option set, regardless of what level number you give the DMap that doesn't use the continue option.

Lastly, note that the continue point system is activated using the "Entrance/Exit" warp type - if you use another warp type, the system won't activate and you'll start at screen 00 regardless of the screen listed in the "Continue" field.

It sounds like you gave your cave DMaps a level number and checked their "Continue Here" box, in which case you'll need to have a correctly placed warp return A for every screen accessed by an "Entrance/Exit" warp type.

I didnt modify the cheats in the game so they should still be the default ones if that helps. I dont know them because I dont use them.

Cheats are pre-programmed levels of access that allow increasingly expansive modification of gameplay and stats. You don't get to decide what they do, you just decide if they're enabled, and what code activates what level.

Go to Quest -> Cheats in ZQuest to bring up the Cheat Codes window. If you want players to be able to use cheats in your quest, check the "Enable Cheats" box, then enter the codes you want them to use to access each level. Lazy people (or people who just don't care) use codes 1, 2, 3 and 4 for levels 1, 2, 3 and 4.

If you want more specifics on what each level allows, check the cheats article on the ZC wiki.
  • Mr.ReDead likes this

#23 Mr.ReDead

Mr.ReDead

Mr.ReDead

• Members

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:46 PM

Shows me how much I know. Maybe Ill start using other warp types soon because of the entrance/exit thing.

#24 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:16 PM

Question ..  Why DX?  in the title?

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 20 February 2019 - 11:16 PM.

#25 Mr.ReDead

Mr.ReDead

Mr.ReDead

• Members

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:57 PM

Question ..  Why DX?  in the title?

I made and released the original back in 2014. I came back and finally got this done and figured the remaster could use an extra part to the subtitle. Very much seems like I rushed even though I worked on and off on it for like 2 or 3 years. The original was a bit less funky with warps but it was empty and missed a few tile warps and had some of the same bugs. Fixed as many as I could but I guess more popped up that I failed to recognize. 

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#26 soxfan2k4

soxfan2k4

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 21 February 2019 - 04:08 PM

Any input as to where the key is that's needed to open the portal t level 4?

#27 Mr.ReDead

Mr.ReDead

Mr.ReDead

• Members

Posted 21 February 2019 - 04:45 PM

Very close by. Usually there will be four odd dirt tiles in a square where a key resides. In this case, there is a key one screen north of that portal.

Edited by Mr.ReDead, 21 February 2019 - 04:46 PM.

#28 soxfan2k4

soxfan2k4

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:32 PM

So it took me almost 30 minutes to figure out the block puzzle in level 9 only to discover I missed a key or the boss key somewhere.  Ugh.....  I found three keys in the level:

1.  One guarded by blue gohmas in the northwest

2.  One in a room two screens to the east of that

3.  One in a room just northeast of the start

I had to use all three.  Where is the boss key?

#29 Mr.ReDead

Mr.ReDead

Mr.ReDead

• Members

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:27 PM

On B1 you shouldve gone through a portal to get to the second block puzzle of the dungeon. Theres a pushable block in one of the rooms before this block puzzle the hides a small key item cellar. Theres a small section of B2 that you need to visit to get the Boss key. Apologies for not replying sooner. I was away from my usual place on a trip for a few days.

#30 Nashvillan

Nashvillan

Senior

• Members

Posted 27 February 2019 - 11:14 PM

I'm stuck in the same spot.  I've tried pushing every block and still nothing.  The Lens isn't showing anything either.

On B1 you shouldve gone through a portal to get to the second block puzzle of the dungeon. Theres a pushable block in one of the rooms before this block puzzle the hides a small key item cellar. Theres a small section of B2 that you need to visit to get the Boss key. Apologies for not replying sooner. I was away from my usual place on a trip for a few days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users