• Please log in to reply
580 replies to this topic

#46 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 04 August 2006 - 08:12 AM

Let's see...

Getting the Ice, and Plasma beams, Power Bombs, Spider ball, Ice Spreader, Flamethrower, X-ray visor, Gravity Suit, before going into the Pirate base in the Pirate base Phendrana drifts in Metroid Prime. But getting that Plasma beam was a bit tough. Because of the Lack of Thermal Visor, I had to beat Thardus without it. It's possible, but hard. Also, the invisible drone in the mines was easy. Apparently, the developers made the drone visible to a visor that you shouldn't even have at that point. It should have been a normal enemy after that point....oh well. Thardus is also weak to the Plasma beam. All this was on Hard. I also plan on skipping most of the items on my next run.

I also beat Zero Mission on hard with 14% of all the items. That is hell too. Once I realized that the game automatically gives you the Varia suit, I was none too happy with those hours with the Motherbrain with 8 missiles and 1 super. I had to go back after beating the Metroids for the missiles and super missiles because that brain was too tough. Items I skipped? The Varia suit at first, Speed Booster, High Jump, Wave Beam and Screw Attack and energy tanks. Tourian was the hardest part. Ridley was easy but time consuming, Kraid was hard, Motherbrain was hell, Escaping tourian was hell, Mecha Ridley was very hard. The rest was easy. The game forces you to get the Power grip though.

Metroid Prime 2? Uh....getting the Gravity Boost, Screw attack and grapple beam early. That game isn't broken as much as it's first one however.

#47 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 06 August 2006 - 10:19 PM

*reads all the posts*

Holy crap... you guys need to get a life! icon_razz.gif You all play too much Nintendo!

My best achievment is beating Mario 64 in 35 min... after seeing that guy do it in 20...

... man, and I thought I was a geek... my god...

#48 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jun 6 2006, 05:10 PM)
My original goal was to get the Biggoron's Sword as early as possible after becoming Adult Link, since I tend to use that thing non-stop once I get it, shields be damned. I realized that I would have to go through the sidequest to obtain Epona if I couldn't do it on foot, so I gave it a try. It was a fun challenge. I love doing stuff early and out of order, especially in OoT.

View Post

Wow that's crazy. Try beating the game without the red or blue tunics. It's not as hard as it sounds (if it does sound hard.) Except for the fire barrier room. I hate that room...

#49 Firefly

Firefly

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 13 August 2006 - 03:35 PM

Without using Action Replay:
  • Sucessfully pulled off a Black Hole in SSBM by myself using 3 controllers!, it look more like an hour or two.
  • Completed Super Smash Bros. (N64) Classic mode in Very Hard with 1 single life and no continues. (I think I mencioned this one before)
  • Sucessfully climbed 2 seams in Ocarina of Time and got into areas not normally accesable.
Using Action Replay:
  • Almost completed Resident Evil 4 Classic mode as Wesker, the game crashes when I get on the Jet-Ski.
  • Obtained the Debug Badge in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
  • Entered the "Wind blows in the direction you face" code for Wind Waker (22 lines)

Edited by Firefly, 13 August 2006 - 03:36 PM.

#50 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 13 August 2006 - 03:55 PM

That's all I can think of.

Beat Mario 63 in 40 minutes.
Beating Chrono Trigger in 15 minutes.(New Game +)
Beat all bosses without using their weaknesses in MegaMan X
Beat SMW in 15 minutes
Beat Secret Special Land in SMW
SMRPG 100 Jump.

#51 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 13 August 2006 - 04:27 PM

Obtained the Debug Badge in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

Tell me more.

Difficulty 1-10 1 is hardest
Beat childhood in OoT swordless.(Barinade wuz the hardest)--6
Beat gannondorf w/ Broken giantknife--9
Got 3,000,000+ Pts in THUG--6
Beat OoT w/o dying--10
Beat MM w/o dying--8
Bead LA w.o dying--6

God bless,
Daiv

Road to get to Bowser from Donut Land. You must also have atleast the green and yellow switches though.

Man, no you don't. Unless I'm some sort of God, I beat it with NO switches.

Edited by Dekadx2, 17 August 2006 - 03:18 PM.

#52 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:10 PM

This was actually a while ago, about a month or so, but I finally finished my OoT three heart run. I died 28 times, used fairies, two bottles, and the life upgrade. I should have a shot within a few weeks. I need to use my grandma's camera. I want to do another one without fairies, or the life upgrade, then eventually zero-game it with three hearts.

I used got the Biggoron sword after the water temple, so that made things a little easier.

Edited by Rex Zemenheart, 15 August 2006 - 09:13 PM.

#53 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 17 August 2006 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE(Rex Zemenheart @ Aug 15 2006, 08:10 PM)
This was actually a while ago, about a month or so, but I finally finished my OoT three heart run. I died 28 times, used fairies, two bottles, and the life upgrade. I should have a shot within a few weeks. I need to use my grandma's camera. I want to do another one without fairies, or the life upgrade, then eventually zero-game it with three hearts.

I used got the Biggoron sword after the water temple, so that made things a little easier.

View Post

That game was WAAAYY too easy. 3 heart run would be a peice of cake.
I've beaten Gannondorf/castle collapse/Gannon without a hit on me.--9

God bless,
Daiv

#54 randy

randy

Senior

• Members

Posted 04 September 2006 - 11:48 PM

I now consider myself a mario master! I'm not sure how many of you have played Super Mario XP (you can download it here) but this game is very hard as far as classic mario style games go (Bowser's freakin on steriods or something because its so hard to beat him). There 5 stages but there very long and at the end of each stage there is a unique boss (Kamek and Bowser are the only bosses you've seen before but don't expect to beat them like you would in other mario games). I finally beat it tonight and at the end there is an added bonuse but thats for you to find out. icon_wink.gif

#55 stpdjrk99

stpdjrk99

Enemy of the internet

• Members

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:34 PM

I'm trying to get the max score possible on New Super Mario Bros. It's the only DS game I've been playing since I've got it. Current Score: about 30,000,000. That's right, thirty million. I'm doing this just so I can find out if it stops with everything at 9 or if it's just some random score where there was no real reason for it, and no, I'm not using any cheap tricks to up my score fast.

#56 randy

randy

Senior

• Members

Posted 11 September 2006 - 04:12 PM

I just recently bought ninja gaiden black for the x-box. I was playing yesterday and using the Flail I got a 155 combo! Not bad for my first time through the game and I'm only on ch 10.

#57 Sacred Nym

Sacred Nym

Wizard

• Members

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:28 PM

Well I did it. I beat a 9% hard game in Metroid Zero Mission...

and a 1% hard in the japanese fusion.

Go me.

#58 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE(Questions @ Sep 12 2006, 10:28 PM)
Well I did it. I beat a 9% hard game in Metroid Zero Mission...

and a 1% hard in the japanese fusion.

Go me.

View Post

HOOOOOOOOLLLY crap.

Nice.
With ZSNES states I'm through 1/3 approx of S.Metroid in 1:01.

#59 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:41 PM

Has anyone beaten the Pit of 100 Trials in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door and found it too easy? I did. I got to Bonetail after many minutes of battling, and when I battled Bonetail, I followed my Player's Guide's strategy to keep your HP in double digits. He hardly hit me when I used Dodgy Fog, and I hardly had any restorative items besides Life Shrooms! I beat him quickly, and I was so surprised that he was that easy. Now I have almost all the Badges, save one- The Money Money Badge. Oh, and here's something to look into- What's the purpose of the Gold Bars? You can buy them, but they do nothing but waste space! Oh, and also, who had a hard time beating the final boss of that game? I never could beat the final boss without the Strange Sack from the Pit of 100 Trials. Once I got it, I won easily. How strange...

On a side note, I hardly ever make outstanding achievements on any game, no matter how easy. Although, I did get the best ending to Metroid Prime 2 Echoes just the other day. It took me a while, but I finally did it.

#60 Comix

Comix

Hello.

• Members

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:53 PM

Gold bars use up your money if you have too much and you want to get more I think. I haven't played that game though just watched my friend.

I don't really amount to much up against you guys ... =\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users