Umbral Cloud Help Thread

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#226 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:14 PM

Oh, then i got it. Dissapointing fight to be honest. Level 9 Venser is much, much harder. But i guess Oslov isn't supposed be as difficult as Venser.

Edit. I can't find the fourth tablet. Also can't find the last life upgrade.

I'm pretty sure the intention was to beat him after Hauntrock. If you beat this battle using Russ' advice (It was Dimentio's advice for me). You are pretty much given an unsatisfactory optional battle with an unsatisfactory reward. I actually didn't even see a point in it really as it just felt forced in for the most part. 

NJF has a guide in progress that will help you.

I was waiting on you to tell me where the missing items were from what I've already written. lol There's only a couple missing from the list I provided you in pm. (Like one feather and maybe a health and magic treasure chest or something).

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 11 September 2016 - 04:15 PM.

#227 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:41 AM

I went ahead and beat the game. Final boss is just

Spoiler
expect far worse. Evan somehow made a boss that was pure garbage worse.

To be perfectly honest, i didn't liked this quest. Everything is just bleh, it left no impact on me. Bosses are either boring or overdesigned messes. You picked Trinexx which is one of my favourite ALTTP bosses and made it really bad.

I fought Frogger X and i have no clue on how you beat it. It's just another overdesigned mess. I already feel bad for criticizing some IoR bosses, i rather fight the Medusa than any boss of this quest.

Sorry for being so negative, but it's how i honestly feel.

Edited by Norzan, 12 September 2016 - 02:09 PM.

#228 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:03 AM

I found Tartaros in this game was actually much more fair mainly due to the absent Death Knights.

Without the random spawning death knights, this battle is actually quite fair.

Frogger-X on the other hand which requires you to use that high RNG useless *%&#ROCK$^$#* over and over again is another story. 

In all fairness to your criticism though, as I mentioned before, I found myself pause buffering a lot because many boss attacks in this game seems to move faster than normal human comprehension. IoR had that same issue, I just never really paid much attention to it. So there's that. But that could also just be my reaction time. But I never really thought my reactions were slow. Though they're probably slower than the people who bug tests Evan's quests.  

I also forgot to rate this quest! Time for me to go do that. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 13 September 2016 - 08:10 AM.

• Deedee likes this

#229 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:41 AM

I specially loved when he used the curse shotgun attack and immediately use that dark rush attack. I would dodge the shotgun but get hit by the rush attack because i had to pick an attack to tank since there was no way for me to dodge both. Same stuff would happen with the fire shotgun and ice shotgun (Seriously Evan, what's your deal with the overusage of these terrible attacks?). Jesus Christ.

I beat the final boss with arrows after trying to kill it with the type matchup gimmick. Died 5 or 6 times trying the type matchup schtick but i said screw it and went for arrows. And guess what, killed him on the second try with half of my health intact. Is it supposed to be like this? Because if the type matchup is the ideal strategy, then no, it isn't.

Oh, and that wavy status effect can burn in the deepest pits of hell.

I'm overall dissapointed by this quest. I mean, i wasn't hyped or anything, but i was hoping for better.

This quest made me want to replay Isle of Rebirth. I may have several issues with that quest, but i can still have fun.

Edited by Norzan, 13 September 2016 - 11:55 AM.

#230 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 14 September 2016 - 06:28 AM

I specially loved when he used the curse shotgun attack and immediately use that dark rush attack. I would dodge the shotgun but get hit by the rush attack because i had to pick an attack to tank since there was no way for me to dodge both. Same stuff would happen with the fire shotgun and ice shotgun (Seriously Evan, what's your deal with the overusage of these terrible attacks?). Jesus Christ.

I beat the final boss with arrows after trying to kill it with the type matchup gimmick. Died 5 or 6 times trying the type matchup schtick but i said screw it and went for arrows. And guess what, killed him on the second try with half of my health intact. Is it supposed to be like this? Because if the type matchup is the ideal strategy, then no, it isn't.

Oh, and that wavy status effect can burn in the deepest pits of hell.

I'm overall dissapointed by this quest. I mean, i wasn't hyped or anything, but i was hoping for better.

This quest made me want to replay Isle of Rebirth. I may have several issues with that quest, but i can still have fun.

I wish the final boss would be immune to everything but the type matchup gimmick. And wavy status effect also reverses directions at random. And any boss attack can, at random deal 4x original damage, up to instant death (with gore-splode effect) on Swindling.

#231 grayswandir

grayswandir

semi-genius

• Members

Posted 18 September 2016 - 06:34 PM

It's been awhile since I played this, but I don't recall having too much trouble with attacks like this - I'd just pop the moosh and jump straight over them. I honestly don't remember the final boss too well, since it took so much less effort than Frogger X.

I don't recall intetionally pause buffering, but I did do a lot of "legitimate" item switching. (Such as switching to moosh if I think I'm about to get hit.) 

Same thing with Frogger X. I'd dodge where I could, and moosh where I couldn't, until he moved into a pattern I knew I'd be able to hit him in, and then spam the needed attacks while I could. But until then, I'd do perfect defensive play, even if I had a decent chance of hitting him.

Though, I gave up on him on swindle, since I was tired of the rocks screwing up, and hitting an off element somehow and now I have no idea what's missing because I'm colorblind and bleh.

#232 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 18 September 2016 - 07:26 PM

Spoiler

Fun fact, you can (or at least could, if Evan fixed it) completely break the fight by

Spoiler

#233 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 18 September 2016 - 11:34 PM

I fixed that a while ago.

#234 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 September 2016 - 05:45 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#235 OmegaX

OmegaX

Leader of Omega GamingHunters101

• Members

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:58 PM

Spoiler

I did download the music pack in the description and put it in my ZC Folder, I just don't know what else to do... Wait a minute, Is the music pack suppose to be a RAR File.

Edited by MegaX, 21 November 2016 - 08:58 PM.

#236 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:45 PM

Wait a minute, Is the music pack suppose to be a RAR File.

You have to unzip the RAR file with a program like WinRAR. The music files are inside there, and THOSE are what need to be in either the quest folder or the ZC folder.

#237 OmegaX

OmegaX

• Members

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:41 AM

Problem Fixed, thanks Russ

#238 OmegaX

OmegaX

• Members

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:10 PM

zelda010.png

Well I have two words for this boss, Ice Madness. took me 6 tries but i got the first key. (Bonus, Did it on Swindle).

Edited by MegaX, 22 November 2016 - 02:12 PM.

• Evan20000 likes this

#239 OmegaX

OmegaX

• Members

Posted 23 November 2016 - 02:29 PM

I heard this quest had multiple different endings depending on how you play it(So far i got the medicine for Sasic brother). What are the requirements for each ending?

#240 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 23 November 2016 - 02:29 PM

You've passed the bad ending. The true ending requires finishing all the optional elemental bosses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users