BotW2: Tears of the Kingdom

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 September 2022 - 02:40 PM

So, apparently they are gonna release the game in May 2023.

https://www.youtube....h?v=b2nKt-uf24Y

Oh and the name is kinda meh, don't you think? :-/ Looks good though, I guess.

Also, people already covered everything: https://www.youtube....h?v=yBhUQYOElpc

Edited by Sheik, 14 September 2022 - 02:42 PM.

• Shane and Matthew like this

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 September 2022 - 03:40 PM

It's a weird name but I'm sure it will stick. I'm imagining there's double meaning in the name and hopefully you get to explore the "tears" that lead to potential underground areas and dungeons. I think the game looks really beautiful and I'm fairly optimistic but not without some caution.

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 14 September 2022 - 06:04 PM

more like Tears of the Fandom amirite

... t-tears of joy that is, I wasn't making fun

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 14 September 2022 - 07:52 PM

I'm cautiously hyped for this game. Like I know it will be good, but I'm hoping they go a bit above and beyond what they did for BotW. Less, and more focused shrines, and maybe have some actual real dungeons that don't all look the same to each other (shrines too) would be a good start. At the risk of being too negative, I was already disappointed to see bokoblins and moblins yet again for the millionth time. It's like they forgot other enemies existed.

I'll have to actually play it of course, but really, I just hope they take what was good about BotW and do more of that, and trim the stuff that wasn't so good.

• Twilight Knight, Sheik and Matthew like this

#5 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 14 September 2022 - 07:58 PM

Breath of the Wild was mindblowing at the time, but in the nearly 6 years since its release, other games have come along and done similarly cool (or cooler) stuff. I hope Nintendo has been using this development period to learn from other projects (((ELDEN RING))) and make Hyrule as interesting as it should have been -- and then some.

Fun fact --

If I'm counting correctly, the time interval between BotW1 and Botw2 is longer than the time interval between Skyward Sword and BotW1.

• Anthus and Twilight Knight like this

#6 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 15 September 2022 - 10:01 AM

I am unbelievably hyped, maybe too optimistic but I really don't care lmao

I think the name is pretty cool after rewatching the trailer more and the previous ones, definitely think there's some sort of double meaning going on there and I'm all for it. I certainly hope they go beyond BotW and start doing some very awesome stuff (more importantly have dungeons lol), but otherwise yeah 12th May is gonna be the best day of 2023

• Anthus likes this

#7 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 16 September 2022 - 04:47 AM

Dunno what to say except I'm hyped?

Weighing in on the title: idk if I love it - it doesn't sound that Zelda-y (and I'm pretty sure I've never felt this meh about a Zelda title before, though I only started paying attention before Skyward Sword) - but eh, it's not so bad that it's a real issue, especially in the face of an actual new Zelda!

Anyway, here's hoping the dungeons are better overall, that the new powers are cool and fun, and that the story (whatever of it there is) is interesting.

#8 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:40 AM

Yeah I think the title is meant to contrast the first game's name. "Breath of the Wild" evokes freedom ("breath") and nature ("wild"); "Tears of the Kingdom" evokes suffering ("tears") and culture ("kingdom"). But still, it's kinda meh.

Edited by Sheik, 16 September 2022 - 10:34 AM.

#9 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 16 September 2022 - 03:55 PM

Yeah, strange name, rain  may be sadness, whit  rain as tears of the sky..or.. another flood ?

#10 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 17 September 2022 - 12:35 AM

Still haven't even played the previous game and honestly the complete lack of traditional dungeons in that game is what made me not want to play it. Because the best part in Zelda games to me has always been the dungeons and not so much what you do to get to them, so Breath of the Wild putting much more emphasis on the latter was pretty disappointing. Now if the sequel actually has traditional dungeons, then i might actually try it.

#11 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 17 September 2022 - 10:19 PM

Think it looks great so far.  The series has basically nothing to prove to me after BotW because I liked it so much (lotta hangups on story and character stuff but w/e, it's all been talked out).  The teased new powers look like great complications on the BotW toolkit and I hope we get more level design in this one.

• Shane and Eddy like this

#12 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 08 November 2022 - 10:09 AM

A bit surprised everyone here seems negative towards the title. I for one loved it on first sight! Also, I hope these extremely long gaps between games aren't the new norm, but I guess I'd rather have this than rushed development. I appreciate the devs respecting the series, unlike whatever Pokemon is doing for example.

Tears of the Kingdom will be beautiful.

• Matthew likes this

#13 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 09 November 2022 - 12:53 AM

A bit surprised everyone here seems negative towards the title.

not me, I was shitposting, title's fine

But like in all seriousness, I am definitely very much excited and eager to play this game. However I noticed this is the first Zelda game I haven't hungrily ate up every single trailer, clip, and tidbit of info before release, unlike pretty much every previous Zelda game where I was constantly all over all of them. Some sort of switch flipped in my brain recently where I've stopped looking at information for games I'm interested in fairly quickly. Just this year even, I didn't watch every single preview for Kirby and the Forgotten Land or Xenoblade 3, in fact I skipped the Xenoblade 3 Direct entirely. Frankly I think the experiences were way better off for it.

So I'm super looking forward to this game but I'm not hanging off every piece of new info as much anymore.

#14 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 09 November 2022 - 06:22 AM

But like in all seriousness, I am definitely very much excited and eager to play this game. However I noticed this is the first Zelda game I haven't hungrily ate up every single trailer, clip, and tidbit of info before release, unlike pretty much every previous Zelda game where I was constantly all over all of them.

Among the other things you've mentioned, I wonder if it's just because it's been announced for so long and we've had so comparatively few trailers (what, like, essentially one per year since it was announced?).

• Matthew likes this

#15 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 09 November 2022 - 02:33 PM

Counterpoint: So was Breath of the Wild.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users