Photo

Screenshot of the Week 97

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 97 (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 97

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 September 2005 - 03:55 PM

Well looking at mighty_darknut, it looks mighty similair to my game, "The Dark Shadow". The mountains are the same color, the groung and grass tiles go into the ground the same way, but then I was thinking he was probably just imatating my game or something. Then I looked closly at it and I noticed that you used my custom flower. It is exactly the same! I never released any of my tiles from "The Dark Shadow"! Which means you ripped it. I am really pissed off that you didn't ask permission before doing this (Because I don't know what else you ripped and because I am trying to make my game orginial). If you don't believe me look at my pictures on this thread: http://www.purezc.co...91&t=12389&st=0

That is bull. Now, I can't even trust to show pictures of the game because of this. I have a lot more custom things I am designing for the game, and now I am too iffy about showing it off.

I voted for Noel's shot by the way.

Edit: Sorry if I came off a little rude or something. I have had a very bad week with family issues. I was just mad basically because someone ripped something from my game and didn't ask permission first. When I am done with "The Dark Shadow", I will release the tileset, however, I want to first release my game before that. I will let you use the flower tiles, however, I was just mad because I don't want you to rip any of my better custom tiles. Don't get me wrong, I use people's tiles all of the time (The ones that are submitted on the database), but I always write down on a paper and am going to give credit in the credits of the game.

Edited by Shoelace, 06 September 2005 - 04:48 PM.

#17 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 04:56 PM

Wow. Incredible screenshots this week. I should have known that after a month of no SOTW there'd be some huge competition. If I wasn't entered, I've have voted for polygonX8's.

BTW, I'm working on those trees. I realise that they don't look right together, it's because one has a dark border and the other doesn't.

#18 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 05:02 PM

I like the one by HylianLegend the best, although it was a tough call. The ground shows a good diversity and looks natural. I also am a fan of the two trees along the northern edge. The stone entrance looks custom made and well done. Although there are only a few not so common tiles used, I think the overall placement of everything is well done.

#19 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 07 September 2005 - 01:03 PM

I want to apologize to Shoelace.
Sorry, I didn't know that you custom made those flowers, I just saw them in the demo and took a snap shot because I liked them. I won't be using them, as the quest from which the shot is taken is no longer in progress.

As for the style of my shot being similar to The Dark Shadow, that was unintentional. I made that shot shortly after playing Dark Shadow and subconciously made it look very similar. I
noticed the similarity afterwards and remade that screen in a totally different style (I posted a shot here).

I hope there's no hard feelings between us, and I guess I learned a small lesson as well.

#20 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 07 September 2005 - 01:44 PM

Thank you for those words, mighty_darknut. I also want to apologize to you if I came off rude. I have had a very rough week. For example, my dad almost got murdered, my uncle went into comma three days ago but just came out, yesterday when I walked into the apartment it was flooded because the people's air containing above us broke and it leaked all over the place like my bed, bathroom, hall way, and into the wall which blew out the outlets. I am so stressed and homesick so if I am rude or anything to you guys that is why.

Well, I will let you use the flowers if you like them. It is just, please ask permission before you do. There are no hard feelings at all, and as long as you ask before you rip, me and you can continue on being friends. icon_razz.gif

Edited by Shoelace, 07 September 2005 - 01:45 PM.

#21 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:26 PM

I vote for NoeLs.

#22 Dustminion

Dustminion

Shouri da nasu!

• Members

Posted 07 September 2005 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(Petoe @ Sep 5 2005, 08:28 AM)
Poly gets my vote.

Nice knowing you. icon_razz.gif

I voted for Polygon. Definately something I look forward to.

#23 EcKoRed

EcKoRed

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 07 September 2005 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Sep 6 2005, 02:55 PM)
Well looking at mighty_darknut, it looks mighty similair to my game, "The Dark Shadow".  The mountains are the same color, the groung and grass tiles go into the ground the same way, but then I was thinking he was probably just imatating my game or something.  Then I looked closly at it and I noticed that you used my custom flower.  It is exactly the same!  I never released any of my tiles from "The Dark Shadow"!  Which means you ripped it.  I am really pissed off that you didn't ask permission before doing this (Because I don't know what else you ripped and because I am trying to make my game orginial).  If you don't believe me look at my pictures on this thread: http://www.purezc.co...91&t=12389&st=0

That is bull.  Now, I can't even trust to show pictures of the game because of this.  I have a lot more custom things I am designing for the game, and now I am too iffy about showing it off.

I voted for Noel's shot by the way.

Edit: Sorry if I came off a little rude or something.  I have had a very bad week with family issues.  I was just mad basically because someone ripped something from my game and didn't ask permission first.  When I am done with "The Dark Shadow", I will release the tileset, however, I want to first release my game before that.  I will let you use the flower tiles, however, I was just mad because I don't want you to rip any of my better custom tiles.  Don't get me wrong, I use people's tiles all of the time (The ones that are submitted on the database), but I always write down on a paper and am going to give credit in the credits of the game.

True man. No wonder that shot Palletes seem so familar to me. Also, I've been hearing about people stealin sh** from otha people in ZC. Mostly the same kind of people too. that's cheap. Mighty_Darknut, Jake, and othas, just rip off people's work just cause they can't make it themselves.

Edited by ~TkO~, 07 September 2005 - 05:36 PM.

#24 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:32 PM

True man. No wonder that shot Palletes seem so familar to me. Also, I've been hearing about people stealin sh** from otha people in ZC. Mostly the same kind of people too. that's cheap. Mighty_Darknut, Jake, and othas, just rip off people's work just cause they can't make it themselves.

Again, as long as Mighty Darknut learned his lesson I don't have any problem with him. But now I understand why Prince doesn't like to show off pictures that much (Because I really want to see more pictures from him). Well I decided I will show off pictures of "The Dark Shadow" still but I will save it for the Fall Expo or maybe a SotW or two. icon_razz.gif

Anyways, about SotW. Noel's and Polygon's shots were the best out of them. Noel and his custom tiles are remarkable and he is still very underated in my opinion. The screen design was okay, but not great. Polygon had a pretty awesome picture with good design. I voted for Noel because the mood that the picture expressed was awesome, but Polygon is very good too. I except Polygon to come up from behind and may be take the lead!

#25 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 08 September 2005 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE(~TkO~ @ Sep 7 2005, 06:33 PM)

I didn't rip Shoelace's palette, that was my own modification of pure.
And, like I said, if I had known that Shoelace made the flower himself I would have asked for permission to use it.

#26 HylianLegend

HylianLegend

• Members

Posted 08 September 2005 - 02:17 PM

mighty_darknut: Very nice usage of BS tiles. It's got quite a different feel to it, and it looks nice.

PolygonX8: Although I'm honestly not a huge fan of futuristic ZC games, I know talent when I see it, and it's obvious that you've got it. Another immaculate Metroid shot.

NoeL: Wow. Easily the best shot on this week's SOTW.

khazmodius: Those tiles you've made look very nice. Maybe give some thought to your GUI, however.... great shot, though!

Tobias Daboi: Nice mixture of tiles here, and the warp really looks nice. Accents the screenshot very well.

lord_jamitossi: This would've been my second choice. Excellent tiles, especially the water.

Edited by HylianLegend, 08 September 2005 - 05:11 PM.

#27 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 08 September 2005 - 06:25 PM

OMMFG!!!

I got a vote icon_biggrin.gif. I had no idea that there would be such a competitin this week... Man, NoeL's shot has 22 votes! but hey, it is pretty good. I would have voted for it. icon_smile.gif

#28 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 08 September 2005 - 09:57 PM

I voted Noel, I like all of the screens but I had to choose and this was the most appealing to me. icon_wink.gif

#29 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 08 September 2005 - 10:57 PM

NoEL gets my vote. That has the bst detail and modeling in it--nothing else matters.

#30 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 09 September 2005 - 01:23 AM

Firstly, thanks for all those that voted for me, I appreciate it.

Secondly, I was just talking to Poly on AIM at he told me that my dungeon tiles are "overused". It's good to hear that you like my work and are using my stuff, the only downside is that if I ever get around to actually FINISHING a quest none of the graphics will be new and exciting anymore icon_razz.gif I don't mind though, I make quests so slowly that by the time they come out they're already outdated.

Also, in case you didn't know that "Citadel of the Dragons" in HylianLegends shot was also drawn by me for my unfinished quest The New Age. It was the home of the Deku chief and had a "clockfruit" on it.

So thanks again to all those that voted for me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users