v0.77r55, and Time Off (for Work)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:15 AM

For contributors, Alpha version 0.77,r55 is available on the servers. This includes the latest 'New Weapon System v2', with fully-scripted swords, RPG dice rolling, an expanded monetary system, inventory system, menus, and the initial framework for saving throws. (See: RPG.zh)

Other than that, I'm taking time off for three reasons:
1. My normal work is eating up what free time I normally have. I now can dedicate at most 8-hours a week for ZC related matters, likely for the next month.
2. I want to clear my slate of requests. I have two, or three remaining in queue. I'm thankful that most of these are things that tie into my needs for LoE too, as it means that my effort has a double-edged reward.
3. I want to give my contributor(s) time to do dungeon, and other design, without worrying about falling out of sync. My semi-hiatus leaves those who are contributing, with the time to work unimpeded by my code, and graphical changes.

Once October rolls around, I'll be back at it. I have quite the many scripts to finish for others, that I will also be using in LoE, and the FFC + Menu Command items will be useful in things I've promised to others.

The big part, is a series of FFCs that determine their position relative to the player, the distance to the player, if the player is facing them, and if the player has clear line of sight.

Once I've those functions, I can resume working on menub (RPG command) functions. If anyone wants to contribute there, I'd appreciate it, but I don't *expect* it. It's tricky business, because of all the possible factors involved. LoS is the hardest part, but relativity of position, distance, and facing direction are my priority, as many game functions depend on all of these.

I've always maintained that this game will take years to finish, and now you can get a taste of *why*.

To all of my contributors, collaborators, and general supporters, I give my heartfelt thanks. I have made progress, and have absolutely no intention of halting this project, despite the claim of some that my goals aren't possible (theybare.com My delays are purely based on time, health, and necessary work that I must complete in a timely manner.

If anyone wants the latest release: Legacy of Emperors r55.zip (Full Archive, LoE, Plus Kusoge v0.3x, other demos; and all scripts, repository files, sound effects, music etc., with ZC 2.5.00 as an 80MB fully working, self-contained directory, in ZIP file format.)

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 19 July 2014 - 11:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users