Photo

Screenshot of the Week 86

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot. (66 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 02:43 AM

Drari
user posted image
The Dragon is animated(If you think I
completly made it, you're a fool)

Gashin
user posted image
Prepare your brain for... RAZZLE DAZZLE! (no, not the name of this quest)

Hunter P Brown
user posted image
Midgets don't swim...and neither do I.

Linkman90
user posted image
Link looks at the temple and puzzles what kind of temple it could be.

OMEG
user posted image
The first town

PolygonX8
user posted image

venom343
user posted image
SEPHEROTH!!!

Zemious
user posted image
Do you see the secret?

#2 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 02:56 AM

Verily, all of these shots are good. But, I favor Gashin's and my own over all of them.

<offtopic>
Got damn you, Gashin! icon_aggravated.gif You had to enter... huh?! Just when we got 8 submissions... you're gonna scare them all off next week with your landscape. *shakes his fist* I'll be back with a custom boss next time!!! Then we'll see who wins, Mr. I'm da **** at tiles.
</offtopic>
icon_razz.gif
Yeah, I was exaggerating. But damn... if you hadn't entered, the week would've been good 'n' fair.

Everyone is gonna vote for you, heck, even I would. icon_neutral.gif Sure, you have tons of vegetation, lack of water, too much greens, but the shot is still great due to the customness.

Bleh, congrats, Gashin. icon_smile.gif I know my comment sounds messed up to the other nominees, but seriously... who's gonna vote over that?
Though... if you lose... I'll do to your shot what I did to Doopliss:
user posted image
Just to spite you on your loss. icon_razz.gif

#3 DoppleGanger

DoppleGanger

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 03:37 AM

The only thing that can make X8's picture better, is if it was a split second after Link swung his sword. That Shy-Guy's head is about to get chopped.

Gashin's pic is very nice. But... The colors are... bland. I'd vote for it if it looked a little shinyer and more neat. Other than that. X8 and Gashin did very well. And I like the dragon on Drari's pic. It'll come down between X8 and Gashin though, those two are definatley the best.

I'm still pissed off at what you did to Doopliss. And I almost didn't vote for you just because you reminded me of it...

Edited by DoppleGanger, 17 April 2005 - 05:29 AM.

#4 OMEG

OMEG

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 04:09 AM

Yay, my shot is good! :D

On topic: holy crapple, Gashin mangled the competition. Exate and Zemious both came close to my vote, though.

*votes for gashin*

Edited by OMEG, 17 April 2005 - 08:14 AM.

#5 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 06:30 AM

Dangit... I thought you posted on Sundays? Am I mistaken? Was that just a temporary schedule change that threw me off?

Well, anyway, it's perfectly fine that I didn't enter, because 8 entrants is MORE than enough. If anything, I should have submitted my shot last week, before I left for the convention. But I couldn't have known we'd have 3 submissions one week and 8 the next, eh? Oh, it's all luck of the draw.

Anyway, Gashin's shot blows me away with its seamless blending of edited tiles from four different games. icon_smile.gif Never have I seen such a variety of tiles put together WITHOUT looking like a mish-mash.

More comments tomorrah.

#6 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:28 AM

I voted for Gashin. That's a very ineresting take on the TMC trees, with the outline and then ALttP trunks. I think it looks awesome. Nice choice of palette too, BS really fits that world well. The only thing I could complain about is Link, as the black under his hair looks funky, and the Wooden Sword that looks a bit deformed at the top icon_razz.gif

#7 Highsight

Highsight

Jake Wins

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:53 AM

Drari: Pretty good looking dragon. I wish I could see it animated.
Gashin: It is offical... I lost. icon_xd.gif I have to say man you are one of the best people I have seen with ZC graphics. icon_smile.gif
Hunter P Brown: It seems kinda plain to me. :\
OMEG: Pretty good details. Not bad but it could be better. icon_smile.gif
PolygonX8: AHHHH IT IS TEH SHY GUY!! icon_lol.gif
venom343: The seperoth tiles look good. icon_smile.gif Kinda random though. icon_razz.gif
Zemious: Not bad. It seems kinda like a small screen but still not bad. icon_wink.gif

(Null's Vote)

Edited by Linkman90, 17 April 2005 - 07:54 AM.

#8 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:21 AM

Gashin, not because of the fancy tiles, but because I like the screen design.

#9 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 09:06 AM

As always, I get PWNED in this game...time to get my few bits in.

Drari: Love that dragon pick...and that shadow completly makes it.

Gashin: Don't really like the bright colors of it. Nice layout of it, though.

Me: No comment.

Linkman90: I haven't seen something like that since Conker's Bad Fur Day, behind the watereall at the beginning. That's pretty good.

OMEG: This is actually a good shot, but somethings bugging me with the owl? Is he supposed to be on the tree, or is he standing on the ledge? Just curious.

PolygonX8: Another random battle scene. But this time, it's against Shy Guys...SHY GUYS RULE!!!

venom343: Holy...crap...venom...Sephiroth is da' bomb. I like how that was drawn.

Zemious: Yeah, the secret is that wall north of Link looks bombable. And I like that background. I need to use that in my games.

I'm going with Venoms on this one. And next game, I'll pull out the big guns.

#10 Arathorn21st

Arathorn21st

Junior

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 04:05 PM

I voted for Gashin...
But then again, they're ALL good. icon_thumbsup.gif

#11 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 05:36 PM

I'm to ashamed to vote. icon_mad.gif

#12 Dart Zaidyer

Dart Zaidyer

Mystic Beard of Truth

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:05 PM

I think the only thing wrong with Gashin's shot is that it might as well be a throwaway. We may never, ever see this stuff get released.

#13 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE(Dart Zaidyer @ Apr 17 2005, 06:05 PM)
I think the only thing wrong with Gashin's shot is that it might as well be a throwaway. We may never, ever see this stuff get released.

Gashin gets my vote.

I ditto that. I would really love to see this stuff released, though Gashin is known to play "keep away" with his tiles. -_- (no offence Gashin)

#14 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE(Dart Zaidyer @ Apr 17 2005, 05:05 PM)

oh be quiet. I'm not completley incapable of releasing a quest icon_aggravated.gif. besides I've released...

okay, so my record isn't all that great for finishing quests, but this one I WILL finish, even if you guys have to come to my house and whip me untill it's done

#15 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:48 PM

You guys, if Gashin doesn't want to submit his good tiles that he spends time on, then don't bug him. May people here are just like this also. They never submit there work. But it's because they spend too much work on it.

Well anyways, I voted on Gashin. icon_thumbsup.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users