Stellar Seas

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#31 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 05 August 2022 - 11:52 AM

Moosh and I thought it might be fun to post some development diaries, so this is going to be the first of a series of posts talking about the development of Stellar Seas, especially in regards to lore and worldbuilding. I'm planning on ultimately discussing the geography, the cultures, the characters, and the story, as well as probably a misc post to describe stuff that didn't fit anywhere else. I'll be putting together a table of contents for these in the opening post. I'm also going to be using spoiler tags, as this is quite the large post and does contain spoilers if you haven't beaten the quest yet. Now, without further ado...

The Geography

• ShadowTiger and Deedee like this

#32 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 07 August 2022 - 11:20 AM

Follow up on above, here's the next in the series of dev notes, where we jump into...

The Cultures

#33 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 August 2022 - 02:30 PM

Alright, another day, another dev log. Today, we're talking about the characters. This one may be a little drier than past ones; mostly it's talking about the challenges with writing the main characters and their inspirations, plus some random trivia about the side characters that I didn't have much time to explore in-game.

The Characters

#34 killrhawk

killrhawk

• Members

Posted 09 August 2022 - 05:26 PM

Hi there! I think I'm softlocked and I'd love some help!

Spoiler

#35 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 August 2022 - 07:00 PM

Spoiler

#36 killrhawk

killrhawk

• Members

Posted 09 August 2022 - 07:56 PM

Spoiler

Ahhh, somehow I didn't even think of that. Thanks so much for the help!

• Russ likes this

#37 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 13 August 2022 - 12:25 AM

I think I'm close to end game, but haven't found the Stellar (?) Golem. Any clue as to where it's located? I only wish to know the island it's at, no further details are needed. :D

Kudos to MushRush, it's a very beautiful quest.

#38 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 13 August 2022 - 12:32 PM

I think I'm close to end game, but haven't found the Stellar (?) Golem. Any clue as to where it's located? I only wish to know the island it's at, no further details are needed. :D

Kawaihae Cave.

Kudos to MushRush, it's a very beautiful quest.

Thanks! In turn, I gotta thank you for your work in assembling the tileset that it was made in!

Though I have a bone to pick about one or two organization things. :P

• Demonlink likes this

#39 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 17 August 2022 - 10:14 AM

Been slowly working my way through this quest with the hour of free time I have each day, and so far so good. I just entered what I think of as a second dungeon behind the pirate ship. Got some pros and cons, mostly pros.

The menu is fantastic. It's a type of menu I've always wanted to use in my quests, but never had the time or will power to learn how to script menus.
The story is fantastically written to this point. Love this whole, little guy thrown into a big adventure thing.
The existence of hymnstones. Collectibles are always nice.

Enemies are unique, and I love that you have a bestiary for them as well as a locations section. Haven't read much into them yet, but I'm sure I will eventually.

My biggest drawback for the quest is that it gets a little confusing where you can and can't walk, as well as what can and can't hurt you. I run into a lot of cheap shots from enemies I can't see under trees. I just pick myself up and keep going, but it does hurt. Occasionally I run into solid stuff that doesn't look solid. It is really beautiful though.

That one con is far outweighed by everything else, but also something I feel worth mentioning. It's similar to the problem I have with Prometheus' current state in that the screen gets a little confusing or busy and makes it hard to maneuver, and thus run into damage. It's the whole reason I even want to remake that quest/

Overall, solid stuff as always to this point. I will have more to say once I've gotten through more and beaten the game.

• Russ likes this

#40 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 18 August 2022 - 09:33 AM

I'm unable to find Quest 9.

#41 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 18 August 2022 - 09:43 AM

You can start it in either Pala Bay or Malka.

#42 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 22 August 2022 - 02:39 PM

I'm in the Ancient Observatory.  I've done enough to light up the first (only?) warp at the entrance door.  After going through the warp, I've made my way up and over, down the stairs, and I eventually hit a place where I need a key.  That's where I'm stuck.  Not sure where to find that key.

thanks!

#43 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 22 August 2022 - 10:26 PM

There's a certain degree of nonlinearity that makes it hard to knock exactly what key you're missing here, but if I'm reading your post right, I suspect the one you're missing requires you to go down from that warp point (go left, down the stairs, take the bubble, and dash out under the warp point to head through a door on the lower level), then right, up the stairs, and left to solve a stellar wand puzzle. If that's not the missing key, then the other one that's possible is on the first floor, up once and right twice from the main entrance (it has to be night time to reach this one).

#44 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 23 August 2022 - 03:01 PM

Thanks - that does sound like the area I'm missing, and right where I was wondering how to get into that area.

#45 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 24 August 2022 - 09:47 PM

I think I beat the game at almost 100%, the only thing that i'm missing is enemy #40, where can I find it? Just to be sure, the true endgame is:

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users