#16 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 27 July 2022 - 03:19 PM

Solar path hint

Solar path solution

I think the first room in the stellar path is just a straightforward item trigger. It should be obvious what to do once you have it, unless I'm forgetting something.

#17 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 27 July 2022 - 03:28 PM

oh, wow.  You're not kidding about undertelegraphed.  I had no idea that was even possible.  Thanks again!

Although - I must be missing a key item because I don't have anything that triggers that little purple triangular deal in the corner.

Edited by congo23, 27 July 2022 - 03:47 PM.

#18 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 27 July 2022 - 04:05 PM

What've you got?

#19 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 28 July 2022 - 02:37 PM

Ugh ... unfortunately I've got a corrupted quest file now.  This seems to happen to me with 2.55 a lot.  I'm not sure if it's the .qst itself or the general launcher.

OK.  fixed it.  What have I got?

First kid: sword, dash, lantern, bombs, magnet glove, potion

Second kid: fist, fishing rod, batteries

Third kid: solar ball, solar system

Edited by congo23, 28 July 2022 - 02:42 PM.

#20 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 28 July 2022 - 05:24 PM

Yeah, just keep playing. You don't have what you need yet.

#21 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 01 August 2022 - 07:48 AM

I've been playing and playing and not finding anything new.  Sorry, but I really need a pointer here.  Perhaps you can PM something to me.  thanks!

#22 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 01 August 2022 - 09:21 AM

Well...based on your inventory, it looks to me like you started a dungeon but never finished it.

#23 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 01 August 2022 - 11:23 AM

OK, that surprise me, because I thought I finished everything I started.  OK.  I'll go back in and look at those.

[Update] - Ack!  I DID leave a level early, hoping to find a way to get stronger because I was having trouble with the boss.  Forgot to go back.

Edited by congo23, 01 August 2022 - 12:32 PM.

#24 phatjak69

phatjak69

Junior

• Members

Posted 03 August 2022 - 12:05 PM

Almost done, but some questions:

Spoiler

Edited by phatjak69, 03 August 2022 - 12:05 PM.

#25 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 03 August 2022 - 12:36 PM

The quest starts in Pala Bay. (I think there might be other places that allude to it--maybe Malka?--but I found it without that.) I have memories of someone coming out of a house as you're entering it or otherwise going "Oh hey, it's you!" but I'm not 100% on this?

No idea about the hymnstones!

#26 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 03 August 2022 - 12:42 PM

Yeah, the quest can be started in Malka, on the screen to the right of Torrin's house where you got Terry's quest initially. You can also bump into it in Pala Bay.

Also, you've collected 99 hymnstones? Or you currently have 99 in your possession? Trying to figure our how this happened.

#27 phatjak69

phatjak69

Junior

• Members

Posted 03 August 2022 - 02:41 PM

The quest log says I have 99/100, but when I counted them up by location, it was 96.  Currently doing quest 10, so there's three in there I haven't got yet, but that still makes 101.

Spoiler

Edited by phatjak69, 03 August 2022 - 03:18 PM.

#28 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 03 August 2022 - 04:31 PM

Oh! Oh oh oh I bet I know! So counting them up should total 98 total when you have them, all cuz there's two small side islands that don't have area descriptions but have a hymnstone. You have a count of 96 there (presumably plus two) for 98 total, with two left to get. That means you have the proper number, but the totem is miscounting. Which brings me to the next question: Did you buy the dash from the totem on the first island before completing the mines?

#29 phatjak69

phatjak69

Junior

• Members

Posted 04 August 2022 - 10:35 AM

I don't think I bought the dash, I got it much later I think.  Any tips on those last two Hymnstones?

#30 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 04 August 2022 - 11:09 AM

Yes, sorry, got caught up and forgot to post those.

Spoiler

I'll look into why the totem is miscounting. I suspect it has to do with the dash. Because the dash is ultimately required, at a certain point, the game silently gives it to you and subtracts a hymnstone if you haven't already bought it. If you don't have a hymnstone at that point, the game instead makes a note to have the totem at the end demand one more hymnstone. Likely, something messed up there, explaining why the totem is one off of the correct count.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users