Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

I don't know how I feel about this. I'll keep an eye on it, but I'm certainly not sold on even the idea of this. Eh...

#17 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:36 PM

This is actually closer to my honest opinion; I'm just acting like I really hate this for the memes

I mean, it is a pretty ridiculous and mockable premise!

Real talk: If Ubisoft really wanted to catch my attention, they'd have done Mario + Splinter Cell

• Neppy, Rambly, Deedee and 1 other like this

#18 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:16 PM

"Guys, what if we had a zany RPG starring Mario?"
"But what about Paper Mar-"
"You're fired."

Not looking forward to this at all. Maybe if Nintendo actually made good Mario RPGs lately, but Paper Mario's gone down the drain and Mario and Luigi is becoming the same piece of stale cardboard. Yes, we certainly need fucking Rabbids to make our RPGs good again!

EDIT: Also let's be honest, Rayman x Mario would have been a better crossover than this.

Edited by Dimentio, 02 May 2017 - 07:38 PM.

• Anthus, Shane and Avaro like this

#19 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:31 PM

... *Shrug*

At least we have Super Mario Odyssey, plus a ton of other good stuff is coming this year already from other franchises. It's a pretty silly thing, but mostly harmless.

#20 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:09 PM

no but seriously who at Ubisoft do I have to bribe to get another Splinter Cell

• Neppy and Anthus like this

#21 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:47 PM

Once this games bombs, hopefully it will finally kill off the dumb rabbid series. I am particularly bitter towards those rage-inducing-on-sight assholes because I remember a time when UbiSoft was like, "Oh, hey, yeah, we're totally making Rayman 4, it will be more like the first 2, Michel Ancel is back on boar-- Ohh, wait, you wanted a platformer sequel? Well, here's this". It was such a kick in the dick that still stings to this very day. Just imagine if during Wind Waker's development they suddenly reworked the game into a mini-game collection staring Tingle. Yeah, I thought you'd react like that.

I hate these things sooooo much. I will not buy this game, even if it gets RAVING REVIEWS. I'm cringing so hard right now imagining the gimmicks... Oh NO, NOT THE GIMMICKS NOOOOO! Oh, and Mario's in there? My condolences, Mario. Maybe Mario is Missing, and Hotel Mario will be surpassed by this in terribleness. Hm, maybe Mario and Rayman team up to usher in a full genocide of the rabbids? Now I could get behind that.

Thankfully, Ancel did come back, and we have received two amazing main Rayman games since, but I still want a true 3D one, but sadly it'll probably never happen cause people just don't care about 3D platformers anymore, really. I mean, besides Mario, Sonic, and the Ratchet and Clank series, no one is really making 3D platformers anymore. Yooka-Laylee looked cool, but.. well, that's another topic.

Final thoughts: I would almost rather exist in a world where the only two games were Sonic 06, and The Little Mermaid for GB than a world that has rabbids.

EDIT: Way to go, I just raged for three and a half whole paragraphs.

#22 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:01 PM

I want this so badly because I know it'll be an absolute trainwreck

• Anthus likes this

#23 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:08 PM

I want this so badly because I know it'll be an absolute trainwreck

"Some men... Just want to watch the world burn."

--  Joker, The Dark Knight.

• Neppy, MarinaraSauce and Deedee like this

#24 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:18 PM

"Some men... Just want to watch the world burn."

--  Joker, The Dark Knight.

You can't tell me

You CANNOT tell me

That this game won't produce CDi-tier memes. And really, what else can a man ask of a game?

• Anthus and Deedee like this

#25 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:20 PM

You can't tell me

You CANNOT tell me

That this game won't produce CDi-tier memes. And really, what else can a man ask of a game?

This part of it, I can actually look forward to. Memes! :D

• Anthus and Deedee like this

#26 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:20 PM

You can't tell me

You CANNOT tell me

Ohh, it will. I'll admit, for that alone, it will be interesting. I just don't wanna see Mario, or more impact-fully for a series, Rayman's name get drug through the mud.

(As I literally am playing Rayman 2 for Dreamcast.)

#27 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:24 PM

You can't tell me

You CANNOT tell me

I can. This game is made by a professional studio and overseen by a more-professional studio. The CD-i games were made by a ton of amateurs with no Nintendo oversight. The game will probably be ridiculous and worthy of memes, but it won't be anywhere near CD-i tier. Especially because it's unlikely we'll be hearing Mario and crew talking; that was a huge contribution to CD-i's memes.

#28 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:46 PM

Whenever I hear of crossovers, I always think how awesome some of the combinations could turn out that Nintendo will never do. And this continues to confirm that sadly.

(Zelda x Metroid, Zelda x Pokemon, heck Pikmin x Pokemon even. Who wouldn't want to see Olimar throwing a Pikachu onto a Dragonite, whom then paralyzes it before capture with a loud Thunderbolt? There's so much potential for so many of these series...)

Anyway, all I've seen heard of these Rabbids paints them very negatively and don't have a Switch to begin with, so safe to say I'm passing.

• Anthus likes this

#29 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:42 AM

"Guys, what if we had a zany RPG starring Mario?"
"But what about Paper Mar-"
"You're fired."

Not looking forward to this at all. Maybe if Nintendo actually made good Mario RPGs lately, but Paper Mario's gone down the drain and Mario and Luigi is becoming the same piece of stale cardboard. Yes, we certainly need fucking Rabbids to make our RPGs good again!

EDIT: Also let's be honest, Rayman x Mario would have been a better crossover than this.

I still don't know why companies don't realize that they can make a Rayman game that includes... wait for it... Rabbids! Since they originally existed in Rayman games! So they could've had a Rayman x Mario cross-over and still had the Rabbids in the game!

Rabbids is a terrible word and I feel bad for typing it out.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 03 May 2017 - 12:42 AM.

#30 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:11 PM

Rabbids killed Rayman.  I wanted a new Mario RPG, but not like this...  NOT LIKE THIS!!!

• Anthus likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users