Unpassworded Quests?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tabletpillow

Tabletpillow

Hi

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:10 PM

There's a lot of good quests here, and probably all of them are locked behind a password when you try to open them is Zquest. I can totally see why though, to prevent cheating and all. And this isn't me forcing all the quest creators to stop giving passwords to their quests. 

But a good unpassworded quest can go a long way to me. It's one of the best ways to learn more about the Zquest program, and I like the hands on experience of looking through how a quest is made by other people. I just want you guys to recommend me some good quests that don't have a password. 

• Eddy and Avaro like this

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:36 PM

Panoply of Calatia is unpassworded.
  • Tabletpillow likes this

#3 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:44 PM

I never password mine, but there's hardly anything remarkable about them that anybody would want to learn from either.

I don't personally "see why" - this is the only game scene I've ever been in that has a thing like that. It's always been common to open a project and see how people did stuff. That's probably another topic though.

As far as your request:

Retreat to Crumsc has some rather interesting design choices.

Faster is also open.

Ganon's Resurrection Reborn was dumped incomplete into that topic - the mediafire link still works. I will say, that guy sure knows how to fill up a screen.

Hylian's Legacy was also dumped.

Sanctuary Tree too.

I Can't Draw 8-Bit as well. (See my re-upload further down the thread.)

Eddy's Stuff seems to generally be open, if AR1, AR2, Flashback, QoB, and Beginnings are anything to go by.

Other than that, I haven't come across much.

And eh, if you really do want to look into my Quest 1, I have a significantly large v1.2 update in the works that I'd rather send.

• Eddy and Tabletpillow like this

#4 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:47 PM

It can be really interesting, but not sure how well you can learn from them. Anyway, dark link's temple tour is unpassworded.

• Tabletpillow and Naru like this

#5 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:47 PM

The God of Power is the best one that I know of. 

• Tabletpillow likes this

#6 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:06 AM

Zodiac, BS 1st, BS 2nd, and 'example' versions of 1st through 5th quest are unpassworded. I also give out my passwords to anyone that wants them, but most people from the old days know they are usually just the name of the quest.

The only reason I even password some of my stuff is because it's usually under the "very hard" category and I like to watch people suffer unbiased responses.

#7 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:11 AM

Zodiac, BS 1st, BS 2nd, and 'example' versions of 1st through 5th quest are unpassworded. I also give out my passwords to anyone that wants them, but most people from the old days know they are usually just the name of the quest.

The only reason I even password some of my stuff is because it's usually under the "very hard" category and I like to watch people suffer unbiased responses.

I think that C-Dawg locked it, for some reason, more recently. At least, that is what someone mentioned in chat a while back.

In ZC 2.53.0, 1st.qst and 2nd.qst no longer have passwords at all. (I did not remove the passwords from 3rd-5th, because those are contest-generated user content.)

None of my stuff is ever password-locked. I don't bother, and I never did. I'm pretty sure that Grayswandir never uses passwords, as well; but neither of us are great sources for 'completed quests'. :D

Some of Moosh and Evan's quests, or possibly Russ' quests, give you the PW at the end; and Shoelace may have done that in HoD, too, but I do not (readily) remember which of these exposed its passwords at in the game credits... (If not HoD, then perhaps LotH DX?)

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 21 September 2017 - 04:12 AM.

#8 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:42 AM

The most recent version of Zodiac is in fact; passworded.

However, all of my stuff isn't passworded. And while the scripts aren't in there except in Metroid: Origins; I do usually share anything with those who ask.

I plan to continue this trend with my future projects.

#9 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:26 AM

While my quests are passworded, I almost always give out the password at the end of the quest. I find it's a decent compromise between discouraging cheating and allowing others to learn from the quest. Beat the game legitimately and I'll show you how it works. The only exception to this rule are quests that I've built with other peoples' assets that they would like to keep private.
  • Dark Ice Dragon likes this

#10 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:14 PM

Eddy's Stuff seems to generally be open, if AR1, AR2, Flashback, QoB, and Beginnings are anything to go by.

All my quests are unpassworded, so yeah there's that lol. I guess most of the time it was because I completely forgot to password them, but then I figured I'd just leave them open for people to look around and see my incredibly bad quest structure.

#11 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:13 PM

If anyone wants any of my quest passwords, you can just ask. I mostly password my stuff because it's a fun little extra to give out at the end. I get that not everybody has the time to play through stuff.

• Anthus likes this

#12 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:41 PM

If anyone wants the password to Rite of the Storm, they can ask me (or Avataro). There's not much in the actual quest file though that's going to teach you anything, I think. Maybe my overly complicated way of cutscene making. :P I might take down the password whenever RotS gets a potential update, or might give out the password at the end. We'll see.

#13 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:15 AM

In my case I learned a lot about ZC through dltt (the one Avataro mentioned), though it is somewhat outdated and you should keep that in mind in general. I think it was stuff like no "bush→next" flags and you really want to use these handy features.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users