Photo

Do you think this comparison is fair or unfair?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think this comparison is fair or unfair?

I say it's

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:02 AM

Okay, I'm personally against debating on which game console is better like PSP vs DS Lite, PS3 vs 360 and so on. But after seeing this video it gave me a different story.

The Video
This video is a CNet (developer of Gamespot.com) Priize Fight hosted by Veronica Belmont. It shows a Prize Fight between the Sony PSP vs the Nintendo DS Lite. I find this video to be unfair. She didn't give the DS Lite a chance, the three rounds were all in PSP's favor not giving the DS a chance to fight back, and she didn't point out the great things on the DS Lite. All she did is talk about how pretty the graphics on the PSP were and the features. She even took one of PSP's greatest games Loco Roco. I think you need to watch the video itself.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1xBXlbtyQiQ

What are your thoughts about this Prize Fight? Do you think it's fair or unfair?

#2 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:50 AM

Well I don't think it was unfair. PSP does have better graphics, more features and blah blah blah but who cares? It's the games that should count, not featurres. icon_razz.gif

#3 AntonJ3000

AntonJ3000

Junior

• Members

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:06 AM

Unfair...They didn't even get a point for how good the games are...(which DS would have won)

#4 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:53 AM

Totally unfair. Nintendo DS is aimed for gaming, not for all the extra crap that PSP had crammed into it to make it cost more.

As for the battery deal, "OMG PSP has like half an hour more battery life on the highest setting than DS Lite has on its highest setting!" Piss off. The PSP is ugly, and not appealing at all. The DS Lite is one of the best looking handhelds ever. Besides, I just feel like the PSP's shape is a rip off of the GBA. icon_shrug.gif

Video sucks.

#5 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:22 PM

icon_redface.gif I goofed on the poll. I didn't watch the video first. icon_redface.gif

Maybe the staff can change the vote for me.

I would've voted "unfair", because although she said she was going to comment on gameplay, she did nothing of the sort. The DS should've won on gameplay, due to its touch screen feature, which I enjoy on many games, especially those that focus solely on the touch screen for gameplay reasons. I also noticed she didn't even use a game for the DS. Brain Age is fun for doing Sudoku (I'm usually doing that from time to time), but it is mostly designed to keep your brain sharp, so it's more of an exercise tool than a game.

I understand how Sony won in the features department. Sony basically bull****ted the PSP with features that I don't and won't use. It's like packing a phone with internet, camera, games, text messaging, and a bunch of other stuff I don't even know of. The features are ok, and the camera and games additions are nice (although I'd have to pay to actually get games on my phone (cheapos)), but I buy the phone because it's a phone. I don't need 1,001 add-ons to enjoy the luxury of a phone. That would've saved Sony a lot more money not to put in the cheap features. But then, nobody would have the luxury of playing Nintendo's games on the PSP! icon_lol.gif

Design was pretty bleh to me. I didn't really care one way or another, since I don't buy my consoles or portables on design. I buy them according to the games that come out on it (that's why I always end up picking Nintendo first every time a new console/portable comes out).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users