12 replies to this topic

#1 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:55 PM

http://www.abs-cbnne...x?StoryId=78571

30 years to the day when Episode IV was released. Good stuff George Lucas. Have a trophy.

#2 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:05 PM

I remember the 20th anniversary, when I first heard about Star Wars. I saw all the remastered movies in theaters.

#3 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:12 AM

I love Star Wars. My favourite is SWIII (Revenge of the Siths). Some say it was bad, but that was the only one that I saw in a cinema. Plus the thing about Anakin=>DarthVader is really great. However, need to admit, there are plot holes... Like about the prophecy... It really says that Anakin should have been a hero, or the sages misunderstood the prophecy? If they didn't misaunderstand, then what happened? The prophecy referred to Luke, or what?

My first quest was inspired by Star Wars, yay.

#4 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 27 May 2007 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ May 27 2007, 06:12 AM) View Post

Like about the prophecy... It really says that Anakin should have been a hero, or the sages misunderstood the prophecy?

Star Wars, not Zelda. icon_rolleyes.gif

Congrats for Star Wars. icon_clap.gif My favorite has been and will always be Return of the Jedi. It's just total pwnage, you know?

#5 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

Happy Traveling Charizard

• Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:48 PM

I'm a Star Wars fan too. I got all the movies.
My favorite quote from Empire Strike Back: "I am your father." This is from when Darth Vader tells Luke the shocking truth.

#6 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:57 PM

And a better quote would be "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! NOOOO!!" icon_xd.gif

#7 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

Happy Traveling Charizard

• Members

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:03 AM

When Vader goes "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" It makes me laugh. Luke brought balance to the Force after Vader finally saw the good left in him and threw Palpatine down that long shaft. Did you know that in the Special Edition version of Empire Strike Back Luke has Palpatine's scream as he falls into one of those tubes leading to the bottom of Cloud City after facing Vader and learning the truth? I laughed when I found that out. icon_lol.gif

EDIT: Well it's on the video cassete version.

Edited by Blackdrake1, 29 May 2007 - 12:05 AM.

#8 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:12 PM

Did you know that in the Special Edition version of Empire Strike Back Luke has Palpatine's scream as he falls into one of those tubes leading to the bottom of Cloud City after facing Vader and learning the truth? I laughed when I found that out.

icon_eek.gif Hidden Easter Egg.

I like Yoda, and the way how he speaks. Everyone makes so much fun of it whenever they watch a movie with him in it. Did you know that the guy who gives Yoda his voice also does Fonzie Bear's from the Muppets?

#9 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:39 PM

I didn't know it was Fonzi but I knew it was some Muppet guy.

I bet it sucked for Frank Oz when they decided to make Yoda CG in 'Sodes II and III. icon_rolleyes.gif

#10 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:38 AM

Cast Chaos, they didn't misunderstand the prophecy, Anakin DID bring balance to the force. What they were wrong was, WHEN he would do it. He first had to go to the dark side and only by the actions and influence of his son, Luke Skywalker, did he finally restore balance to the force in Star Wars Episode VI when he killed Darth Sidious himself. (The emperor) So yes, it was Anakin in the end who brought balance, just not at the time the Jedis had hoped it would come. So Basically, the entire story was the rise and fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker. At least, that's how I see it.

#11 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:37 AM

Except that they're NOT in balance! Now there was only ONE Jedi: LUKE! icon_omg.gif

You know what I mean. There were only two Sith matched up against hundreds of Jedi and Jedi-in-training. icon_rolleyes.gif

I meant to address that, but you beat me to it, DFW. icon_razz.gif

#12 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ May 30 2007, 03:38 AM) View Post

Cast Chaos, they didn't misunderstand the prophecy, Anakin DID bring balance to the force. What they were wrong was, WHEN he would do it. He first had to go to the dark side and only by the actions and influence of his son, Luke Skywalker, did he finally restore balance to the force in Star Wars Episode VI when he killed Darth Sidious himself. (The emperor) So yes, it was Anakin in the end who brought balance, just not at the time the Jedis had hoped it would come. So Basically, the entire story was the rise and fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker. At least, that's how I see it.

True, although clones of Sidious were made and began to appear later on (according to Lucas' story beyond episode 6).

Anyway, happy anniversary to a successful trilogy. icon_smile.gif

#13 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:11 PM

I didn't know it was Fonzi but I knew it was some Muppet guy.

I bet it sucked for Frank Oz when they decided to make Yoda CG in 'Sodes II and III.

I wonder where the Yoda puppet went then? Skywalker Ranch? Auctioned off to charity?

And didn't Frank Oz also do the voice of Miss Piggy?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users