Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

Main post has been edited. :)

#17 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

Hi

I am very intrested in this tileset and your work with this is really nice. i am really curious about the new items.

Good work so far :bounce:

• Demonlink likes this

#18 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:33 PM

Added a download link to a beta, by the way, please don't rip anything, I only shared it because I want you guys to check out my progress. Also, a quick question. Just how much do you appreciate ALTTP Caves and Dungeons Sets? I am thinking of deleting both and only keeping the original DoR sets (plus making a few ones with the Triple Triple Dungeon set ;) )  And, I'll delete animated doors, because I need the space for the juicy new stuff like Dungeon Carving and so.

Any suggestions/opinions? (It's an early beta, I'll try to add more this week ;) )

(Also, ShadowTiger, if you see the file, can you suggest on what would you like me to make Dungeon Carving mode and Relational modes? As in, lakes, dungeon structures, etc. I'm kinda worried since the combo table might get kinda big, but I'll try to do all I can possible)

Edited by Demonlink, 20 April 2014 - 10:40 PM.

#19 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:57 AM

The Combo Table can get as big as you'd like, really. You can move entire chunks of it elsewhere, far, far, far ahead of the rest of the combos, including moving the animated door combos near them too. (Probably before them, since they won't need as much space as the Dungeon Carving Modes.) You can really only fit two Dungeon Carving Mode sets on each combo page, really, since they're roughly twice as big as Relational Mode setups.

You can take a look at what I did in This quest file here, which I've been working on for quite a while. It has a lot of stuff in there that should help you out. It's still a work in progress, and is more meant for me to smooth out questbuilding stuff than to build an actual tileset out of, but that's still useful for what I'm linking it for. The Tiles Page is fairly unorganized, I suppose, relatively speaking, but the Combo Pages are where it needs to be organized, and they sort of are. I'm okay with that.

There's stuff all over the place. Everything that is done by me, you can use for whatever you want. Credit or not, I don't really mind. Anything not done by me, I'll be lucky if I can remember.

#20 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:15 AM

The Combo Table can get as big as you'd like, really. You can move entire chunks of it elsewhere, far, far, far ahead of the rest of the combos, including moving the animated door combos near them too. (Probably before them, since they won't need as much space as the Dungeon Carving Modes.) You can really only fit two Dungeon Carving Mode sets on each combo page, really, since they're roughly twice as big as Relational Mode setups.

You can take a look at what I did in This quest file here, which I've been working on for quite a while. It has a lot of stuff in there that should help you out. It's still a work in progress, and is more meant for me to smooth out questbuilding stuff than to build an actual tileset out of, but that's still useful for what I'm linking it for. The Tiles Page is fairly unorganized, I suppose, relatively speaking, but the Combo Pages are where it needs to be organized, and they sort of are. I'm okay with that.

There's stuff all over the place. Everything that is done by me, you can use for whatever you want. Credit or not, I don't really mind. Anything not done by me, I'll be lucky if I can remember.

Okay then; thanks for letting me know, I'll see what I can make DC and Relational modes out of then ;) I'll also check the quest file too, thanks :D

#21 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:44 PM

Download link for Beta 2 at the beginning of the post! The changes made are:

• Added MC sfx

• Reorganized some combos

• Some preloaded scripts!

• Combo Table has been expanded to Ocean Tiles

• Added MC Midis

• May add MC Guys based on Bourkification's

• Added palettes made by myself (yay!)

• Started to work on Combo Aliases *Looks at ShadowTiger :lol: *

• Overworld Combos are almost done! About 15% is left! :O

For those who download the file, 2 things. One, no ripping allowed  :superevil:, and two, feedback is appreciated :D And on a side note, as you have noticed, overworld is almost done! Yay! But there are bad news as well... (boooooo). I only have this weekend to work on it, because starting on Monday, I go back to school from suspension spring break :( . Thus, progress probably won't be made until Summer Vacations starting June 13th (shit). So yeah, if I gets a chance to work on it, I will fellow followers! 

Till next update! :)

Edited by Demonlink, 25 April 2014 - 11:48 PM.

• Jared and David like this

#22 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:30 PM

I dunno why you call it a Hybrid when you're just adding to it. ;p either way, nice job.
  • Jared and Demonlink like this

#23 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

I dunno why you call it a Hybrid when you're just adding to it. ;p either way, nice job.

I thought the name was fancy :lol: Nah, it's because Hybrid means technically a crossover of elements, in this case, MC and other few elements :P Thanks by the way ;)

Edited by Demonlink, 26 April 2014 - 09:12 PM.

#24 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:57 PM

Updated on main post download link (May 7th, 2014):

Changelog: (Not much) :P

• Guy Sprites have been replaced by Bourkification's MC NPCs

• Shrunk size of Zelda's Fanfare. 

• Fixed a few palette issues 

• Replaced Golden Autumn with Noel's palette (modded by me to fix the shadows issue). 

• Items have been fully sprited from Cukeman's MC Set.

• Most items have been setup.  (About an 85%)

• Misc. Sprites have been started to be setup (Around a 20%)

• Switched Items and Misc. Sprites locations in Tile Pages.

• New Link Sprite Sheet to be recolored... (Koh's PWNAGE Link). (85% done)

• Began to work on new Subscreen based on Shiek's MZC one and Cukeman's MC Tileset (Item organization)

Once again, I would appreciate feedback ;)

Edited by Demonlink, 07 May 2014 - 11:03 PM.

#25 DragonDePlatino

DragonDePlatino

Pixel Dragon

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:07 PM

This is a great thing you're doing! One reason I decided to make Koten was opening up DoR's combo tables and thinking to myself "What in hell? How are you supposed to find anything?!? This is a mess!". So really, even just reorganizing Pure's combos and tile pages would be a huge help. I mean, do we really need a ginormous animation of a bird flying across the screen? Is it really necessary to take up, like, an entire page with that? Can't we just use moving FFCs? Anyways...

If you need any help touching up some sprites or filling in some holes, don't hesitate to ask me. I'm currently a bit busy with Koten, but since it's getting close to completion and school's getting out, I'll be having more time for side projects. Go ahead and note me if you need any help with anything. Oh, and while I'm at it, here's another example of a good dungeon-carving setup. It's from the quest Tonberry by b798. I just happened to find it floating around the forums.

• ShadowTiger, Demonlink and alek like this

#26 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:11 PM

I do not think FFCs were a thing during DoR's development.

That and some do not understand how to use FFCs.

Edited by Charizard, 07 May 2014 - 11:15 PM.

#27 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:13 PM

Don't bash DoR. It might be somewhat unorganized but it's also the most comprehensive tileset ever made.
  • Demonlink likes this

#28 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:14 PM

This is a great thing you're doing! One reason I decided to make Koten was opening up DoR's combo tables and thinking to myself "What in hell? How are you supposed to find anything?!? This is a mess!". So really, even just reorganizing Pure's combos and tile pages would be a huge help. I mean, do we really need a ginormous animation of a bird flying across the screen? Is it really necessary to take up, like, an entire page with that? Can't we just use moving FFCs? Anyways...

If you need any help touching up some sprites or filling in some holes, don't hesitate to ask me. I'm currently a bit busy with Koten, but since it's getting close to completion and school's getting out, I'll be having more time for side projects. Go ahead and note me if you need any help with anything. Oh, and while I'm at it, here's another example of a good dungeon-carving setup. It's from the quest Tonberry by b798. I just happened to find it floating around the forums.

Dude, you just saved my life! Thanks for offering for help, and I will try to ask you for help for a few things now and then. Man, thank you really much, I feel honored :lol:

And I know, that's another reason why I decided to make an incarnation of DoR. Too much disorganization, a few tiles like you said that take up a page or two, and another thing were the darn combo tables! But due to my organization, I already occupied around 15 combos tables full of more stuff and unused tiles from the original DoR! :D But alas, I need to administrate my space thinking for both my and everybody else quest designing needs. 

I'll take a look at the file you left me tomorrow, and thanks man! Once again, I appreciate your help, and we will be in contact! :D

I do not think FFCs were a thing during DoR's development.

Now that you mention it, that's true XD. So, I saw like about 3 pages left with animated tiles that can be used as FFC's instead. Well, more space is better! :D

#29 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:18 PM

Also in addition, DoR is 2.10 (and below) friendly. FFCs are 2.50 only.

• Demonlink likes this

#30 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:20 PM

Also in addition, DoR is 2.10 (and below) friendly. FFCs are 2.50 only.

That's why I'll try to add as much of 2.5 as I can :lol: 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tileset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users