SotW Announcements & Post Contest Discussion

• Please log in to reply
1613 replies to this topic

#1246 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:13 PM

Still short by one shot for today's SotW.

#1247 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:45 AM

I have 2 screens for 635, just needing at least one more by Sunday evening in order to start it on time. Thank you!

#1248 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:06 PM

Still needing a single shot for later today.

#1249 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:32 AM

Hello everyone, I wanted to let you all know that there aren't any shots for the upcoming SotW, so 3 will be needed to start on time. Thanks!

#1250 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:35 AM

In need of two more shots! Thank you!

#1251 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:58 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to those of you that celebrate it, although a day late. I should really be wishing you all a Happy Black Friday... but eh, it's a terrible type of day in my opinion. Onto what I'm here to speak of, there are no shots submitted to SotW, so we'll be needing 3 more by Sunday in order to start. Thank you!

#1252 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:31 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to those of you that celebrate it, although a day late. I should really be wishing you all a Happy Black Friday... but eh, it's a terrible type of day in my opinion. Onto what I'm here to speak of, there are no shots submitted to SotW, so we'll be needing 3 more by Sunday in order to start. Thank you!

Submitted a random house screen xd How many shots have we got?

#1253 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:33 PM

That brings us to the 3 shots needed, but I do welcome more shots!

#1254 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:45 PM

Have you guys given any serious thought to holding a Screenshot of the Decade contest? If nothing else, it'd be funny.

#1255 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:02 PM

Have you guys given any serious thought to holding a Screenshot of the Decade contest? If nothing else, it'd be funny.

Actually, it has been talked about before. Not sure how we would do it, or what time frame we would use though. Perhaps when we finish up with 2019's SotY, just do the entire 10-19 decade of SotY.

#1256 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:33 PM

Actually, it has been talked about before. Not sure how we would do it, or what time frame we would use though. Perhaps when we finish up with 2019's SotY, just do the entire 10-19 decade of SotY.

Even though SotW has been around for about 13 years, I don't think there have actually been 10 SotYs yet. Was the first one in 2009? Cause yeah, I'd just do it whenever 10 SotYs have passed. :)

And it still seems crazy that we are even talking about this. Pure's been around for a looooong time by internet standards.

#1257 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:34 AM

After a little digging around, I have found Screenshot of the Year dating back to 2006, so after we finish out Screenshot of the Year 2017, I think we could go ahead an do Screenshot of the Decade and include all 11 years that it's been around, since it wouldn't seem right to leave out any of the earlier ones, or keep the most current out for 9 more years. Hope PZC is still around in that time frame.

• Anthus likes this

#1258 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:58 AM

That sounds great! Lets just hope none of the images are broken. :heh:

edit: How did you find the SotY threads? Searching doesn't find them, and they aren't listed in the archive.

#1259 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:01 AM

Just checked Screenshot of the Year 2006, and it appears that at that point we had already started hosting the images here on PureZC. So... with that, we should have all the images. I would have to check them all to be sure, but it's getting to be bedtime for me now, so I will have to do it tomorrow.

#1260 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:19 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. I know you probably passed out, but I'm posting this again since it was edited into my above post while you were probably replying. :P

How did you find the SotY threads? Searching doesn't find them, and they aren't listed in the archive.

I'm actually pretty excited for Sot.. D? It will be cool to see 11 years worth of ZC screenshots in one place. It will be very interesting to see how the winners of yester-decade hold up in today's very different ZC climate. The funny thing is, besides 8-bit color, and more space for tiles, the limits here haven't really changed much in 11 years.

inb4 my robot future self starts talking about Screenshot of the Century. It's funny cause I'll (probably) be dead in 89 years.

• nicklegends likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users