• Please log in to reply
404 replies to this topic

#16 joseph_kerr

joseph_kerr

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE(SoStaci @ Oct 10 2006, 05:29 AM) View Post

That's a good point..but the no rings in this quest are probably the main turnoff...i however think it's a challenge worth taking.

This quest will prove who truly is good at Zelda icon_smile.gif

It is great without the rings, and i wouldn't play it any other way. It's what makes it my favorite game off of here because it gives it the best feel of playing zelda when i was a kid, sweating it out having to hoard my hearts as much as possible knowing that death is lurking behind every door.

There are people though that just don't have the hand-eye coordination or whatever it is to make it through these dungeons, and that is too bad because these are really very fun dungeons that a lot of people never get to see.

#17 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:30 AM

I'm about at 30 deaths now but...I've been on a tear

3 triforces gotten
13 hearts
L2 Sword
L2 Boomerang
L2 Candle
Raft
Power Glove
Bow / Arrow
Big Wallet
Explored stages 4-7 a little bit

#18 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:42 AM

Ya know, the Armageddon quests seem like the only quests, where you actually are fighting for your life (inside a video game, that is). Other games are pretty much grab as many Heart Containers as you can, and then you can easily beat a level. These two games, however, give you the feeling of how Link actually feels when he goes through his quests. It strengthens the meaning of the word "Courage" 10-fold! icon_thumbsup.gif

EDIT: Lesson to be learned in this quest: Master all of your items, especially the Boomerang. Know everything that you can do with them. icon_wink.gif

Edited by Animus01, 10 October 2006 - 11:44 AM.

#19 joseph_kerr

joseph_kerr

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:48 PM

Just picked up the wand out of B-Button Pyramid. The rooms are switched around but it seems to be pretty much the same i think minus the armos room. From a combination of having far more hearts along with the silver arrow and second bow i was able to slaughter those digdogger children and get the wand in one try. Didn't even have that many bombs, 5 to be exact since i wasn't expecting to get through that quickly.

#20 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:06 PM

Damn... found a glitch in the beta with this game lol. When I picked up the sword, the boomerang disappeared from my inventory! I guess that's what I get for not playing it in the right version XD.

A new version.. and I had just gotten the Large Wallet from the Forest Restaurant in the old one with 4 hearts and a wooden sword.

#21 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:35 PM

I progressed through ARMOS RUINS, but I got a little (very) discouraged, when I found out I had to fight against a Manhandla with no B-Button item. That means both bottle AND bombs! Needless to say, I died.

#22 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:57 PM

I remember that room. Be patient and use sword beams.

#23 joseph_kerr

joseph_kerr

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE(Animus01 @ Oct 10 2006, 06:35 PM) View Post

I progressed through ARMOS RUINS, but I got a little (very) discouraged, when I found out I had to fight against a Manhandla with no B-Button item. That means both bottle AND bombs! Needless to say, I died.

If you haven't done it yet it's worth it to go to the gamble dungeon first to pick up the second sword.

#24 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

• Members

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:54 AM

The Manhandla was no problem for me Animus. Fancy footwork is needed

UPDATE:
37 deaths
3 triforce pieces still
L2 Sword
L2 Boomerang
L2 Candle
Letter
Almost beat Level 4
Bow/Silver Arrow
20 max bombs
Wallet
Raft
Glove

#25 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:49 PM

Ok, then I will go after the Level 2 Sword, then. I think I know where it is: in the dungeon set up by that hedge maze with armos around them, right? How much easier is that level compared to Armos Ruins?

#26 joseph_kerr

joseph_kerr

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE(Animus01 @ Oct 11 2006, 12:49 PM) View Post

Ok, then I will go after the Level 2 Sword, then. I think I know where it is: in the dungeon set up by that hedge maze with armos around them, right? How much easier is that level compared to Armos Ruins?

That is the gamble dungeon and overall it is harder than the armos dungeon but you don't have to go through all of it to get the sword. You'll need 5 keys and enough money and luck to make it through all the gamble rooms to get to the shop. There you can buy the blue candle, second sword and magic boomerang. You'll also want to walk through the top wall to the room above to get a bomb upgrade. I find it easier to go there to get the sword and red candle after finishing link's house.

Most of this has been easier but so far robber's mansion is harder. All the left side rooms lock you in. No more hiding in the door waiting for shots on the enemies. Very brutal Ouch.

#27 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 11 October 2006 - 05:16 PM

Then I think I may have better luck being in the Armos dungeon, then. I saw the Red Candle, but it got too crazy being in that dungeon. Maybe I should try to get that bow the Manhandla in Armos Ruins was guarding.

#28 joseph_kerr

joseph_kerr

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:19 PM

Question for you Ouch, are the extra keys still in the dungeons that you need the ladder to get to? The info guy in Robber's mansion says there are but it didn't seem like there are the same rooms as before so i don't want to go through each dungeon again if the keys are not there.

Animus, don't get me wrong about gamble dungeon, i just like to get the red candle while i'm getting the sword but you don't have to and they're not even in the same direction. You have to go through all the gamble rooms at the top with the key doors to get to the sword.

#29 OUCH!

OUCH!

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE(joseph_kerr @ Oct 11 2006, 08:19 PM) View Post

Question for you Ouch, are the extra keys still in the dungeons that you need the ladder to get to?

Yes,It is in all dungeons.
But... icon_sweat.gif

#30 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

• Members

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:57 AM

I'm truly on fire. I'm closing in on 60 deaths though....I have beaten 6 dungeons, beat 3/4 of Robber Mansion (without Ladder, Heart & Triforce) & 1/4 of Restaurant (long way to go) I have all items except for the Ladder, Book and Magic Key. I'm also missing Fire Boomerang and Master Sword.

Edited by SoStaci, 12 October 2006 - 09:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users