Photo

single One Point seeking Nine Zero

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

h5gw.jpg

Edited by trudatman, 07 September 2013 - 08:05 PM.

• Sheik, Thomas G. House and David like this

#2 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

And this thread is in ZC editor help... Interesting...

Edited by coolgamer012345, 07 September 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#3 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

Ya, I needs to be moved :P
Staff...

#4 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

it's meant for right here, I promise.

#5 David

David

• Administrators

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

Well, I guess I can sew how it would make sense. Never mind, then!! :D

#6 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

I'm afraid you'll need to explain it, as it doesn't strike me as anything short of a possible jest. What is the point of this topic?

#7 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

if you read a personal ad and you don't understand it, you are not a member of the intended target audience.
  • Jared likes this

#8 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

I am not one to be of help for trudatman's goals here, but you can call me Al.  And if you are still confused, you can seek out Paul Simon.

#9 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

thanks, Betty.

here's the thing:  I still use Zelda Classic (ZQuest, really) 1.90.  nobody else does.  I am looking for somebody who knows the workings of that program and/or is willing and able to run the program.  I have nobody with whom to talk shop, currently.  for example, when I want to know where a wallmaster on the overworld would take the player, responses I get from users of the current program are like "who cares where it goes by default?  have it bring you to...."  1.90 can't do most of the infinitely possible things that 2.5s can do and I don't want it to.  I like having a finite set of options and trying to accomplish cool things within that framework.  with a lack of constraints, how can you ever be satisfied that you did your best?  you have to settle at every turn.  with limits, pushing the envelope is much more pleasing, to me.  join me.  understand.  help me to test and understand things like MISC TYPEs and default animations.  a potential respondant would be able to run actual DOS (emulation is almost definitely not sufficient), so there are fewer and fewer folks in the pool of candidates with each Windows (and Zelda Classic/ZQuest) "upgrade."  one wouldn't need to have been around in the 2000 era, they'd just need a PC from then and a willingness to converse on and with the perverse.  find yourself intrigued and willing?  holler at your fucking boy.

#10 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

thanks, Betty.

here's the thing:  I still use Zelda Classic (ZQuest, really) 1.90.  nobody else does.  I am looking for somebody who knows the workings of that program and/or is willing and able to run the program.  I have nobody with whom to talk shop, currently.  for example, when I want to know where a wallmaster on the overworld would take the player, responses I get from users of the current program are like "who cares where it goes by default?  have it bring you to...."  1.90 can't do most of the infinitely possible things that 2.5s can do and I don't want it to.  I like having a finite set of options and trying to accomplish cool things within that framework.  with a lack of constraints, how can you ever be satisfied that you did your best?  you have to settle at every turn.  with limits, pushing the envelope is much more pleasing, to me.  join me.  understand.  help me to test and understand things like MISC TYPEs and default animations.  a potential respondant would be able to run actual DOS (emulation is almost definitely not sufficient), so there are fewer and fewer folks in the pool of candidates with each Windows (and Zelda Classic/ZQuest) "upgrade."  one wouldn't need to have been around in the 2000 era, they'd just need a PC from then and a willingness to converse on and with the perverse.  find yourself intrigued and willing?  holler at your fucking boy.

Just use 2.5.

(edit: sorry, this post sounded very aggressive :()

Edited by Avataro, 01 January 2014 - 06:47 PM.

• Jared likes this

#11 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

There are not very good reasons to use old versions of ZC, They are becoming incompatible with the knew stuff and even some old quests are even broken because they where made in an old version of ZC (then that was the newest version) but they mostly never update the game to fix game breaking bugs in ZC 2.50! It is probably best to just use ZC 2.50 (Probably a bad idea to use the new 2.50 that saffith finished recently, It seems very buggy). And it seems that most of use 2.50 and would like to see more of it.

• Jared likes this

#12 grayswandir

grayswandir

semi-genius

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

Can't you just use 2.5 and limit yourself to the old features? I don't really get the point in using that specific version, and then treating bugs as 'limitations'.

On the other hand, 1.90, really? If you want me to take you seriously, try 1.0. :P

#13 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

Can't you just use 2.5 and limit yourself to the old features?

Its a good idea if you ask me.

#14 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

Look guys:  No doubt he has heard that many times by now, and if that was enough reason for him to switch, this topic would have not been made in the first place.  One reason one might use version 1.90 is its relative simplicity of use, without being bloated by a lot of extra features he has no interest in using.  Some people prefer simpler programs, even if more complex ones have the same capabilities.  It's a simpler ZQuest to use and understand (for him and some others at least), despite having much fewer amenities, and he is free to stick with what he is comfortable with.  The problem indeed is its troublesome compatibility with newer operating systems, but I think he is willing to deal with that.  If he still wants to use 1.90, he will.  He is just interested in knowing if there is anybody out there who still uses it and is willing to work with him.  While such people are rare these days, they do exist.  Either he will find his help or he won't, but he has every right to try it his way.

#15 David

David

• Administrators

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

Another reason is that ZQuest 2.50 has strange issues on his computer that not even Saffith could figure out; hence a reason perhaps to not use 2.50.
  • ShadowTiger likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users