Two problems

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Yoshifave

Yoshifave

Initiate

• Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:34 AM

Hello, I'm having trouble with my minimaps.

First problem is that I, if I use a scrolling warp to another area, then press the minimap button, it does not show the screens from before. It is as if I've never been there. How can I get the screens retained from other areas into different sections of my overworld?

Second problem, if I switch Dmaps (VIA Scrolling warps) the pallete for the minimap changes (probably because I changed the DMap pallete) to something completly different. Is there a way to keep the same minimap pallete for all areas? (I need to change the DMaps pallete because I have an icy area in my OW.)

Thanks.

#2 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:46 AM

Well, for the first one, no, sorry. Although I think letting them use the map is sort of giving them too much help anyway. Although of course that's up to you.

Second, you could just make custom mini maps. Although I can't think of a solution to the problem otherwise.

#3 Yoshifave

Yoshifave

Initiate

• Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:55 AM

Um, when I played quests like A Link to the Heavens, no matter what area in the OW I was in, it still displayed the whole minimap.

Also sorry to sound like a noob but, how can I make custom minimaps and use it for a specific area?

#4 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:06 AM

Wait, I might of misunderstood you. If you mean the map that comes up with the Map button, then I think they just had all of the screens on one map.
If it's the minimap on the subscreen, then I have no clue what's going on.

For making custom minimaps (the ones that appear on the subscreen) you have to make the tiles yourself, making sure it fits the size of regular minimaps. However, it can be quite helpfull to use the regular mini map, and less confusing.
If you were talking about the map that comes up when you press select, then you can't customize it..

#5 Yoshifave

Yoshifave

Initiate

• Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:13 AM

Ah, sorry for not explaining properly. I was indeed talking about the map when you press the map button. See, in ALTTH quest, if you went to a different area in the OW, and pressed the map button, you could still see from where you have previously been, I'm pretty sure that quest used scrolling warps because the name changed and the pallete as well. How can I get that to work in my quest?

Secondly, once I make the minimap with its palletes, how can I incorporate for that DMap?

Sorry again for sounding noobish icon_sorry.gif

#6 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:09 AM

Are you using BS overworld or regular overworld as DMaps? I have different DMaps, all set to BS overworld and huge amounts of scrolling warps (16 regions) and I have no problems see the whole world map when press select button. I never had any issue with this though so I may not be of any help. icon_unsettled.gif

And for that pallette issue, afaik, the pallettes for each subscreen-minimap is set in the DMap editor, you need to use +/- to change CSet when choosing map location from the tile page.

I assume you overworld screen all is located on the same physical editor map? Else, only screens from the current editor map will show up.

Edited by cosmofield, 14 February 2010 - 11:17 AM.

#7 Banjo7J

Banjo7J

Defender

• Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:22 PM

The first problem is because they're different level numbers. I know because my quest the same problem. There's no way to fix this, however.

#8 Yoshifave

Yoshifave

Initiate

• Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:57 PM

I'm using a regular overworld not a BS one.

I'll try changing my snowy area to the same DMap as the general OW to see if it works.

EDIT: Nope it didn't work icon_frown.gif

I'll provide screenshots I guess. Lemme get them done first.

EDIT2: Okay, this is the first problem. The one where the map does not connect with different areas of my OW.

IPB Image

This is just one screen.

IPB Image
My town.

IPB Image
Snowy area.

Now, how can I get them all connected onto one map?

Second problem:

See the top left minimap? I want to keep that pellete but..
IPB Image

It completely changes here..
IPB Image

Thanks, appreciated.

Edited by Yoshifave, 15 February 2010 - 12:27 AM.

#9 Banjo7J

Banjo7J

Defender

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE(Yoshifave @ Feb 15 2010, 04:57 AM) View Post

I'll try changing my snowy area to the same DMap as the general OW to see if it works.

Eh? Where'd someone suggest that? If you mean what I said (changing the level number of the DMaps), it should've worked.

#10 Yoshifave

Yoshifave

Initiate

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:19 AM

Even when I have changed the Town and the Snow area DMap's level number to the regular OW (The regular OW's level number is 1 so I believe you must change the Town and the Snow's level number to 1 as well) it still doesn't work.

Wow, this is a bigger dilemma than I thought. icon_frown.gif

I know this is possible because in Link to the Heavens quest, the author has all his screens connected when you press the map button. Unless he used scripts...

#11 Mariolink263

Mariolink263

Senior

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:29 AM

Uh, the regular overworld's level is actually 0.
Levels 1-8 are for triforce dungeons, Level 9 has something special that I don't know, probably Level 9 entrance screens, and Levels 10+ are for dungeons/interior.

#12 Yoshifave

Yoshifave

Initiate

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:02 AM

Okay then. If I have all my overworld sections in one single DMap (Level number is 0) how can I then change the name? Like, I just found out how I can change the music for the specific screen, but when Link walks... say into a village, how can I change the DMap's name to the towns name?

#13 Banjo7J

Banjo7J

Defender

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:31 AM

They don't need to be the same DMap. They can be different ones if you want.

#14 Yoshifave

Yoshifave

Initiate

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:36 AM

Ah, now I'm really confused. icon_cry.gif

Okay, so if I want the map to to show all screens where Link has visited, (the map when you press the map button) I could use different DMaps with the same level numbers? The problem is, I have tried that and the map still won't connect with other areas. I have set all the level numbers for the different areas of my OW to 0. But, when I reach a different area and press the map button, the map doesn't show where I've previously been.

Is it because I'm using a scrolling warp maybe? I have used a scrolling warp to connect the overworld to a town, and the town to the snowy area.

#15 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE(Yoshifave @ Feb 15 2010, 01:36 PM) View Post

Ah, now I'm really confused. icon_cry.gif

Okay, so if I want the map to to show all screens where Link has visited, (the map when you press the map button) I could use different DMaps with the same level numbers? The problem is, I have tried that and the map still won't connect with other areas. I have set all the level numbers for the different areas of my OW to 0. But, when I reach a different area and press the map button, the map doesn't show where I've previously been.

Is it because I'm using a scrolling warp maybe? I have used a scrolling warp to connect the overworld to a town, and the town to the snowy area.

I have checked in Zquest now, created two different dmaps, both overworlds with some screens and with one side warp between them and option to view overworld map selected in both dmaps, overworld map shows up on all screens with all previous visited places. I think that's all the settings neccessary to do, what settings are you using in your Dmaps and where on the editor map are the screens located? (editor map means the large 16x8 map visible in zquest, not Dmaps or anything else)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users